• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

just a few basic questions for beginning, please answer?

ranky

Reaction score
hello dear otland members.:rolleyes:

i m bussy with my own project a couple of months and i get every day more and more into it. i will ask a few questions, please answer me if you can

first of all, i will begin with that i downloaded the latest TFS which support 9.54 client.
after looking at some good and succesfull ots ( example: at otservlist.org)
i saw that the better ones are 8.6 ots.
why?
there is already a TFS beta of 9.6 so why pp still use 8.6 to create ots?

the second question is: i saw that all the good ots with many pp online have the engine:
forgotten server 0.4 SVN
forgotten server 0.4 DEV
forgotten server 0.4 FIX
i saw also that those distributions is not free and is only downloadable if u donate for otland.
can u explain me please what the differences are between those servers ? and which one i have to choose if i want to set up a rl tibia map server?

next is also about those distributions.
tfs 0.3.6 is also 8.6 and is free to download
why should i donate otland to download one of the forgotten server 0.4 ?

i also would ask something about AAC and mysql running
i heard to use uniform server and not exampp because its faster and less MB. which one should i choose to run my mysql? what do u advice me if i want to run a serious ot?

and the last question is : i searched about modern AAC and i searched about gesior's AAC too, but i still dont understand the differences between those.
is there difference about the layout or something? because i want the layout of rl tibia so which one should i choose?

please answer those questions for me,

thanks in advance ,

Jaapie

- - - Updated - - -

come on guys:p bumpppppppppppppp

Back