• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Look at this DDos BS

xKrazyx

Old School
Solutions
Reaction score
Has anyone's OTS ever been flagged as a fkin booter serv?

Someone DDos'd my server, took it down, strange because I paid supposed 'mitigation'... seems it didn't work..

With haste I contacted my hoster, the response follows.

DAZK7j.jpg

w5PrFV.jpg

I get DDos.. they can't stop it.. so they decide to suspend my acc? :(

Last edited:
Usually some data centers shut your VPN down if you're under heavy attack.
But it's a first for suspending an account to me, even your graph shows that there was no outgoing traffic like they claim.

There's no need to drop $200 on a dedicated server when a $40 VPS will do just fine.. >.>

Anyone else run into a PPS restriction........................?

I think these nerds are lying and I just got DDos'd and they don't want to admit their mitigation doesn't work all to well...

Sucks because the VPS works great and there's zero lag.. 6GB ram even.. great connection

zo8GCQ.jpg

Last edited:
Go to ovh
I've come to the conclusion OVH server location sucks for most NA players..
had to find a better located datacenter to get better ping for NA players.

Texas seemed the best option.. or Mexico City.

OVH claim they are in USA, which seems to be a lie.. its in Canada..

PPS = Packets Per Second, you can configure this on config.lua if you have TFS 1.x
don't know about earlier versions tho

Happened to me before, you can't do shit. Almost all the VPS companies have this in their ToS.

http://serverhub.com/policies/excessive-resource-usage

"In some instances where the overall health of our network or the server you are subscribed to exceeds acceptable resource limits through bandwidth or CPU, Memory resources etc. We may take appropriate action to safe guard your data as well as our property"

Honestly speaking, I Unterstand them.
I have been a Servehost myself for quite a while and I also associate myself with lots of hosters especially over at LowEndTalk/WebHostingTalk. Facts are that VPS are Setup in a SHARED environment and as a Host YOU wanna make sure, that every customer will be having a smooth experience while still being able to oversell a little. Now there is Providers that oversell more and some do less of overselling (aka putting too many Clients on ome Host node). Why does this work? Because according to numerous Providers customer use about a 5-20% of their allocated Resources. If YOU however max out your Resources or eben overcommit them over a larger Periode of time you will come to see that Providers will more or less Push you to a higher offer or will want to direct you to a dedi because their Systems are simply Not meant to overcommit. They can make more Profit with 3 mew customers sticking to avg Resources usage than with you overcommiting or running at full throttle. VPS are Not meant to Run MMOs afterall. This is why dedis exist. To have 100% Resources allocated to you.

Honestly, I don't understand how they have the legal right to do it. If they put too many users on the same computer it is their mistake and problem(and illegal action, most likely) not the customers. Also, how the hell is it even possible to "overcommit them"?? The VPS have limits on both memory allocation, speed and data-transer, right?

It doesn't make any sense(why it's "allowed"/standard that the provider can shut you down when THEY set the limits) but then again, what the f makes sense, really? :p

edit:

What would it take to track down the source of a DDoS-attack? 100% impossible or just 99,99%?

Honestly, I don't understand how they have the legal right to do it. If they put too many users on the same computer it is their mistake and problem(and illegal action, most likely) not the customers. Also, how the hell is it even possible to "overcommit them"?? The VPS have limits on both memory allocation, speed and data-transer, right?

It doesn't make any sense(why it's "allowed"/standard that the provider can shut you down when THEY set the limits) but then again, what the f makes sense, really? :p

edit:

What would it take to track down the source of a DDoS-attack? 100% impossible or just 99,99%?
They have the rights to do it cause they have it in their terms, that you signed when buying the VPS.

They have the rights to do it cause they have it in their terms, that you signed when buying the VPS.

That's probably it. I still wonder why they don't have a technichal solution though. How can a customer use more than 100% of what he paid for when all traffic goes through them?

They reserve the right because something like this is written in their ToS "If excessive usage of the VPS appears over a certain period of time we retain the right to throttle/suspend your service any time". The good guys will throttle, the bad guys suspend.. Now to your question about what they/I refer to when saying "overcommit". Yes, you have resources allocated to you but you are never meant to use them all over a long period of time. CPU heavy tasks are often forbidden on vps like bitmining/bots etc for that reason.. How to overcommit as a provider? Easy af. Buy a Dedicated with say 16GB RAM. Create 10 VPS promising each one 4GB RAM so in total 40 GB RAM for all of them if used at the same time. But because most ppl only use 5-20% of their RAM and other resources most of the time they can still oversell. It's Not necessarily like you can overuse your Limits if you e.g. are KVM virtualized you cant do that as a customer really. But what overcommit to them means is you using more Resources than they expect/want you to in Order to keep things running

You can also use https://www.vultr.com/
I use this for a while with my server war (battlewar.org)
If I am not mistaken Vultr do charge for traffic overages. Other than that they are very solid being among the top cloud providers along with Digital Ocean.

Last edited:
If I am not mistaken Vultr do charge for traffic overages. Other than that they are very solid being among the top cloud providers along with Digital Ocean.

Yeah but you never spend all bandwidth and monthly falls to 0 again

One hardcore DDoS attack, and you r in a trouble xD
This. They naturally also come without DDoS protection unless ordered .
I Just dont like to live dangerously to make a meme outa this.

They reserve the right because something like this is written in their ToS "If excessive usage of the VPS appears over a certain period of time we retain the right to throttle/suspend your service any time". The good guys will throttle, the bad guys suspend.. Now to your question about what they/I refer to when saying "overcommit". Yes, you have resources allocated to you but you are never meant to use them all over a long period of time. CPU heavy tasks are often forbidden on vps like bitmining/bots etc for that reason.. How to overcommit as a provider? Easy af. Buy a Dedicated with say 16GB RAM. Create 10 VPS promising each one 4GB RAM so in total 40 GB RAM for all of them if used at the same time. But because most ppl only use 5-20% of their RAM and other resources most of the time they can still oversell. It's Not necessarily like you can overuse your Limits if you e.g. are KVM virtualized you cant do that as a customer really. But what overcommit to them means is you using more Resources than they expect/want you to in Order to keep things running

What I don't understand is I haven't even come close to half of my resources.. I never even use half the RAM I have on the VPS(6GB).. My bandwidth is well below...

My outgoing data never goes anywhere near what a DDos attack is..

I had 40 players on the server a week prior, and the server didn't get flagged then for PPS....

To me.. it feels like they just failed to stop a DDos attack and suspended the server for a minute till I complained and then told me it was my PPS.

Just trying to verify if they are bullshitting me or not.. paid for the best DDos protection they had, so its a little frustrating seeing a huge incoming traffic spike then goin down :(

then they claim its my PPS, the "automated system" caught me,
however the PPS at that time the server went down wasn't even close to what it had peaked a couple days before. when players were all logged in.

Last edited:
You've so many tabs open, holy fck..

@topic

I hope you can solve this with them.

When I get stoned I forget to close my tabs... xD

Now that I think about it, I seem to have a lot of tabs open all the time.... haha

Back