• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

lotto

seba2632

life thug chosen my
Reaction score
omgomgomgomgomg i cant bleive this

i just won 10,000$ in lotto from my local store

what should i buy i dont even know wha to do with so much money

giv me suggestions

If you're for real, that's insane. Congratulations man! First off, I wouldn't buy anything just yet. Check out growth funds. You could easily set up an account and put your money in any of these. I use Edward Jones, and have around $135,000 in the Growth Fund of America (AGTHX). I plan to take it out in around 3 years, as after 5 years it has the highest return rate out of any mutual fund on the market right now. Let's say you put the $10,000 in the growth fund... I will do some calculations...

-Mutual Funds / If You Were To Invest-
American Funds take $6.50 out of every $1000 you put into the mutual fund, so automatically it turns to $9935.
If you don't touch the money for 1 year, and the market does as well as it has been doing for the past 2 years, you will yield a 6.69% return rate, gaining you around $665.
Now, for 5 years, the annual return marks up to around 11.3%, which is extremely high for mutual funds.. So, your $10,600 will change into.. give or take.. $18,104.

With mutual funds, your money is invested in a variety of different markets, rather than just one, so if for some reason the tech market crashes, for example, you won't lose all of your money. AGTHX does well on its own, and requires very little maintenance, and with an investment advisor, you would just talk on the phone for a little while or be in his office, and they will get you set up right away.

Websites About Mutual Funds and Stocks:
I've had my money in AGTHX for 2 years. I put in some extra money over time, but altogether in 2 years I've yielded around $22,700 just by leaving my money there. I'll give you links to help you understand more about mutual funds, and AGTHX.

AGTHX Performance
American Funds will give you general information on the performance and assets the fund holds.​
Morningstar Review
Morningstar is a very useful website which has up to date reviews on all types of funds and stocks. It's what most high-worth investors use, as they are extremely unbiased and accurate.​
What Are Mutual Funds?
Fidelity will tell you exactly what a mutual fund is, and how they can help you out with your investment.​
Information About Different Types of Mutual Funds
Edward Jones will give you some information on the different types of mutual funds that are available such as a growth fund, growth and income fund, and an aggressive fund.
Websites About Business and Financial News:
Going with this, there are also a ton of different websites you can use to look up stock information, and get a good read on all points of view, as well as news that may effect stocks, or international trade. Some of these are..

MarketWatch
Subsidiary of Dow Jones, so you know they always have the right information.​
Reuters
Founded originally as a world news station, Reuters fell more towards financial news. Its headquarters is in London, so they peer more towards world finance than American finance.​
Forbes
Forbes deals more with business news, giving you information on the inside of businesses, talking about new products, companies, or people you should know or watch. Forbes also talks a lot about the "next big thing", which might give you an idea on what to invest more into if you ever decide to make an investment portfolio yourself.
These are all very well respected and organized websites to keep you updated on everything that you could ever ask for that have to do with money or stock trading. Keep these in mind if you are interested.

-Retirement Plans, or IRAs-
Lastly, never take your money out of a tax-deferred retirement plan or IRA unless it's necessary. They have schemes to get more money out of you. Let's say that you put your money in a TDRP, all $10,000. Then you decide to take money out the next year. While it did grow, you must pay nearly half of your money in fees and taxes to get it out ($3,100 for taxes, $1000 for an early withdrawal penalty). However, if you keep your money in there until you do retire, you do not pay taxes, or an early withdrawal penalty, as you are retired. Giving you a return of roughly $100,627.

Websites With Information On IRAs:
Below are some websites regarding different retirement plans, or IRAs, as well as information about what exactly they are, these should help you.

How To Get Started
The IRS gives you information on how exactly you should get started building an IRA, and how much you should contribute, when to contribute, as well as deductions and taxes.​
Different Types of IRAs
Still with the IRS, they give you information on different plans and paths you could take towards your retirement, such as 401k, 403b, SEP, and SIMPLE.​
What Is An IRA?
This tells you exactly what an IRA is, and why you should start building one today. The website also gives you links to set up your own account with Fidelity, and how you can contribute to your IRA.
Continued Below..

Last edited:
-Other Ways You Could Invest-
There are several options on different ways you can invest besides stocks or mutual funds, and I'll just list some here. I don't know much about them, but I will tell you some info on what I do know. Who knows, maybe these are your forte, and not the traditional ways of investing.

Bonds
Investing in bonds has been around for a very long time, yet it has lost its popularity in recent years. Basically, when you invest in a bond, you are lending money to the government or a company. In return, they agree to give you your money back, with interest. There is virtually no risk at all, as they will pay you back. However, most people don't like bonds due to their very low income yield after they do pay you back.​
Options
Options are strange, and relatively useless if you aren't a serious investor. Basically, an option is a binding contract for the right to buy or sell an asset at a specific date or time. So, let's say you have a legally binding contract to buy a company that is going under for $500,000 in 6 months. Both you and the seller agreed to go through with the deal. However, business booms and the company is worth millions now. The owner cannot sell the company to anyone else for millions of dollars, and must sell it to you for $500,000.​
Futures
Have you ever heard of investing in the future? This is pretty similar to options, but unlike options, which is basically making sure the seller or buyer won't up or lower the price, a future investor attempts to predict the price of what a thing might be in the near future, and sets a legally binding contract to buy that thing on a particular date in the future for an already set price.​
Forex
Forex is a relatively new way of investing. With this, you are investing in the foreign exchange market. Simply put, you are buying and selling different currency. With international trade and policy, the market changes rapidly, but it's not just the US, it's everywhere. Every currency in existence is always changing, and as a Forex investor, you must try to determine which currency is going to go up, while it's already worth less than the currency you are selling. For an example. Let's say one day the US Dollar is worth 1.12 Euro. Obviously, the Euro will outdo the dollar eventually, and you invest $250 as Euro. The next 8 hours go by, and boom, the Euro is now worth 1.43 US Dollars. So, in that run you made around $40 in return.​
Gold
Gold is a very old type of investment. It wasn't until 1971 that we took away the gold standard, where each increment of money is represented by a particular amount of gold. Investing in gold is pretty self explanatory. The value of gold goes up and down. It's not really a web thing, you can't just buy gold and have an account with gold on it. You must buy gold from a dealer, or a bank, and keep it until the value rises, then sell it back to the bank or dealer. However, there will be fees for exchange.​
Real-Estate
Investing in real estate is a very widely used thing. Donald Trump invests in real estate. However, with an average person, it won't yield much return unless you are buying a ton of property. This is what goes down, let's say you buy a house, then you rent the house out to people. That's simply investing in real estate. You could also buy a house, renovate it, and resell it for a higher value. Or you could buy property, such as land, for very cheap in an up and coming town, and then sell it to a bank when they need the property to build a new building.
Most of these are not very good options with a low amount of money that you have, but you could be interested in these, and use them later in the long run, if you don't like the idea of leaving your money in stocks, an IRA, or mutual fund.

-In Conclusion-
The choice is yours, but be smart with your money. Don't spend it unless it'll help you out in the long run, think of your future. My advice would be to invest in a mutual fund for several years, gain yield, then put your original $10,000 in an IRA or TDRP while investing your yield in another mutual fund or create your own portfolio. This will give you a great head start to your retirement, don't miss the opportunity.

Also, if anyone reading this post needs information about stock trading, financial advice, Forex, or anything dealing with business and finance in general, shoot me a PM or respond in this thread and I will attempt to answer your question to the best of my ability. I'm not an investment advisor nor a business or finance major, I have just been studying this for several years, along with a lot of experience with the subject, so I can help you out with what you may need.

“If you will live like no one else, later you can live like no one else.” -Dave Ramsey

Disclaimer:
Do not hold me responsible for any actions you take regarding this post, I am giving you information about what the current market is. The market is always subject to change, and is highly volatile. However, the things I have talked about are true, and there is a very little risk to losing ALL of your money if you put it in a mutual fund, as they are highly protected and diverse. I do not own or have rights to any websites used in this post, nor am I attempting to advertise for a particular company, I am doing this out of my own free will, with no intentions besides helping others. If you need information on how to begin to build your first portfolio, please message me or respond here and I will help you.

wow man thanks for the huge reply

i think i will invest in gold, it seems like a good idea

thanking again

3458094545_b14564a4e5.jpg

wow man thanks for the huge reply

i think i will invest in gold, it seems like a good idea

thanking again
No problem man. I hope your investment opportunity sets sail and flourishes for you!:)

dont do it(^) seba he is scammerd me 2011

• maybe?buy drug for head

No problem man. I hope your investment opportunity sets sail and flourishes for you!:)
You also made a Powerpoint Presentation with that? lol

But that's pretty crazy 10.000! I'd buy a beast PC and a season pass for Black ops 3 the rest I'll drop on my bank.

Give me something :S
i think that dr phil usually have showtime 18:00 CET - 19:00 GMT+2 but im not sure

click here if you also want to be rich

watch full video

"man o man if i had know then life hole lot different"
"things are be different"

32b2137d609c473bc7a417144f1a6ee5.jpg

You also made a Powerpoint Presentation with that? lol

But that's pretty crazy 10.000! I'd buy a beast PC and a season pass for Black ops 3 the rest I'll drop on my bank.
i would buy 10 000 black season-pc and drop my bank on the crazy beast

Back