• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Monster Outlines : Help me develop

Elementz

Reaction score
hey, so i am a pretty good spriter, i can make from rocks to castle walls but something that i can just never get right
is monster outlines. it has been a really immense challenge and id like some tips, as i progress and get better ill post them
here. also if you'd like to help me through msn shoot me a PM.

ill start with this weird robed bunny ^^
bunny.png
lol i made it cuz it was the first thing that came to
my head (i know right, weird shit goin in my head) and it seemed pretty basic

Most important thing about making monsters is get the perspective right. Best is to take a real tibia monster as example that looks the most like the monster you want to make. Then use the same the style (perspective, outlines and shading) and compare them.

thx limos will try that right now and edit/make a new post later

Edit :alright i tried making kind of a ninja type of dude out of a monk

Untitled.png

Edit N2 : i tryied altering his stance a little

u2OD3.png

i filled them in so ud know where everything goes

Last edited:
@up imo these are pretty bad (don't take this the wrong way) there is potential.

I, my self am not decent with monsters, it is hard to keep the perspective right, since it is at a very weird angle. It is best to use cipsoft sprites and edit like you did to learn the perspective abit, my advice is start small.

For example, add a cross or holy book in the monks arms. Then add things like swords, spears to minotaurs.

Things like this will help you improve at alot faster learning curve than going all out and recreating/starting from scratch to make a monster sprite. The outline is not so much the problem. The perspective of the outline is.

I made some lines to show the perspective.
outfitvoorbeeld.jpg
The upper 2 red lines show the position of the head.
The purple line the position of the hands.
The green line the position of the body next to the legs.
And the lowest 2 red lines show the position of the feet next to the legs.

Hope this helps.

Edit: If you have problems getting the perspective right you can also practise on this outfit (without addons), its not hard to use because it barely has any extra stuff.

Last edited:
@up i was gonna do a similar thing but nice limos :) if you have any questions elementz we will gladly answer them

I remember Hunter Killer back in the days, the good old OT days on OTFans.
Hunter Killer = King of sprites, Colandus = King of LUA, Ruly = King of servers, MMB = King of mapping

Not that bad. One important thing about spriting is that you can't use black lines in the sprites (only the outlines), unless the sprite is black/really dark. Also try to shade it a bit more :p

im mainly focusin on just shapin :p

i made a rasta looking dude. he lost his arm in the 3rd world war started by russia in 2155

demon warrior.png

Last edited:
Rasta? no dreadlocks? No spliff? White?

xd nice anyway your are getting better, maybe a bit "thicker" and more 3d

Hmm not bad, perspective seems slightly out and shading could be better on legs/chest so it looks more "smooth". But much better than my first creature sprite so gz!

Face needs to be put into perspective and the shoulder on the right needs to be lowered to match the left. But nice try!

Keep going! :D

ive been experimentin :p this is for an upcomin project :

View attachment 13813

^He told you which parts should be improved.

So you might want to make the shoulder part in to one line so it wouldn't look so crippled. You know everything but along with practice you'll get a decent feeling about it. ;)

This shall help:
outlinezoomrt6.png (Thanks to Slurpy for the outfit example)
Everything must be in the same parallel line: The feet, knees, arms, shoulders, hands etc. The head should have the shape of an oval, not round. If the diagonal red line goes from back of his left eye, to his little toe of his left foot, then the perspective should be right.

Last edited:
Back