• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Necronia - Discussion

Hey everyone!

A new update has been released on Necronia featuring a new area available for the testers: Mt. Irrudar, so I wanted to share the news here as the article has many interesting things in it.

Those daring enough to peek behind the walls of this mountain will find 3 new creatures, a ton of ores, and a boss/quest!

mxHEKD6.png

Beware though!
The giants in these caves will show you no mercy at all.
See what our testers have to say about their first encounter with these ruthless giants:

04:16 Young Knight [41]: nice area for teamplay
04:16 Young Knight [41]: or hlvl

03:28 Orcadan [52]: they are scaring the **** out of me
03:28 Orcadan [52]: Dude i'm so scared of dieing that i'm shaking
03:28 Orcadan [52]: jesus
03:28 Orcadan [52]: whats wrong with me

03:28 Allan [41]: Yeah haha it's real scary, got me killed :c

04:38 Hisoka [42]: my god
04:38 Hisoka [42]: that drone is a monster

Find out what terrified these players for yourself!
We have also implemented a ton of new equipment into the game, some of which is lootable even in this new area, and most of which will be added as new blacksmithing products in a day or two.

jsXoZia.png

yvhT7ho.png

ytqF9m4.png

Our website's library section has also been updated with new information about game mechanics, so check that out if you're interested in what else Necronia has to offer next to dreadful creatures and exciting quests.

ERxlmP5.png

So, what can you expect in the following few days?

Fixes for distance weapons, nerfs for shadowstrikers, changes to Necromancer and their usage of Necromancy (resource), less lag due to some engine changes that will take place as soon as possible, new blacksmithing recipes, and 2 brand new areas with more quests and monsters related to them, including a mine with ores and more choppable trees outside of it.

We have also received some support in terms of improving our client, so in the next client update, you can probably expect the client to use a lot less RAM and we might even be bringing map marks back among other things.
We are coming closer to the release every day, and as soon as we sort out these bugs we're speaking of, we can push out new content even more frequently and complete this beast of a continent that is Avernum.

We hope to receive feedback on the mentioned changes, and as always, thank you for your support!
ZycQ6rY.png

nteam.png

Hey everyone!

A new update has been released on Necronia featuring a new area available for the testers: Mt. Irrudar, so I wanted to share the news here as the article has many interesting things in it.

Those daring enough to peek behind the walls of this mountain will find 3 new creatures, a ton of ores, and a boss/quest!

mxHEKD6.png

Beware though!
The giants in these caves will show you no mercy at all.
See what our testers have to say about their first encounter with these ruthless giants:

04:16 Young Knight [41]: nice area for teamplay
04:16 Young Knight [41]: or hlvl

03:28 Orcadan [52]: they are scaring the **** out of me
03:28 Orcadan [52]: Dude i'm so scared of dieing that i'm shaking
03:28 Orcadan [52]: jesus
03:28 Orcadan [52]: whats wrong with me

03:28 Allan [41]: Yeah haha it's real scary, got me killed :c

04:38 Hisoka [42]: my god
04:38 Hisoka [42]: that drone is a monster

Find out what terrified these players for yourself!
We have also implemented a ton of new equipment into the game, some of which is lootable even in this new area, and most of which will be added as new blacksmithing products in a day or two.

jsXoZia.png

yvhT7ho.png

ytqF9m4.png

Our website's library section has also been updated with new information about game mechanics, so check that out if you're interested in what else Necronia has to offer next to dreadful creatures and exciting quests.

ERxlmP5.png

So, what can you expect in the following few days?

Fixes for distance weapons, nerfs for shadowstrikers, changes to Necromancer and their usage of Necromancy (resource), less lag due to some engine changes that will take place as soon as possible, new blacksmithing recipes, and 2 brand new areas with more quests and monsters related to them, including a mine with ores and more choppable trees outside of it.

We have also received some support in terms of improving our client, so in the next client update, you can probably expect the client to use a lot less RAM and we might even be bringing map marks back among other things.
We are coming closer to the release every day, and as soon as we sort out these bugs we're speaking of, we can push out new content even more frequently and complete this beast of a continent that is Avernum.

We hope to receive feedback on the mentioned changes, and as always, thank you for your support!

ZycQ6rY.png

nteam.png

Could you link where i can buy a key? Didn't manage to find it. :(

While that seems cool, that may turn out bad. What happens if you kill a monster and someone blocks/covers the body? What about wipes?

Your items are not stored in the monsters but are put "on hold" by the server, and once the Disarm timer passes, they're returned back to you.

Could you link where i can buy a key? Didn't manage to find it. :(

Here you go.

I think u should change the character page that one is little boring haha i dont say i didnt like it

OxmtUaQ.jpg

While the specific features of our website (except the Library) are really on the bottom of our priority list, I'd be interested to hear why you think it is boring and what we can do to improve it.

I quite like the way it generates and tells a little story about the character without revealing any unnecessary information. One thing we'll add there in future is a displayer for the badges and ingame achievements, but other than that, I see no need for some other "famous" futures like the EQ or Skill percent displayer on the website.

I got a defender now played him pretty long now really like it its a cool voc but I noticed some stuff that could be buffed like the passive its 3% out and 4,5% in fight all 4 sec why not all 3 sec 5% in fight and out 3% all 4 sec?

I also think that you should let the ppl keep there basic spells like headbutt and weaponswing for warrior

'I dont wanna compare necronia with any other games but mostly the basic spells stay with the voc and theres a spell that cost 65 mana and makes quite no dmg and i used it on all mobs on bawfuria :D seriosly and thers no big difference

I dont think that it needs dmg I just think 65 mana for my only atk* spell for lvl 20 since I also played spearman that had huge mana cost on spells I recommend you to check the vocs spell costs. if i was lvl 100 its ok when spell cost 65 mana but with lvl 20 :D its bit too much its like 1 mana pot for 1 spell and the spell makes around 40-50 dmg or less not really usefull I also tought about upgradeing "shell after you choose defender from ur first voc (warrior) like it works like a Thornmail example you have 300 barrier power if u get attacked each barrier power minus- = 1dmg to the attacker or is there a spell already that works like that? would make defender more unique

And about the headbutt weaponswing spells If they would stay Id say they have mana and stamina cost since headbutt could be something like u run to someone and crack his nose :D that takes stamina and weaponswing also since you have a mighty weapon that weights alot and u swing it :p

I also think that you should let the ppl keep there basic spells like headbutt and weaponswing for warrior

'I dont wanna compare necronia with any other games but mostly the basic spells stay with the voc and theres a spell that cost 65 mana and makes quite no dmg and i used it on all mobs on bawfuria :D seriosly and thers no big difference

Before elaborating, I will that the cost of "Crush" will be changed soon and incorporate a stamina cost with a slight reduction of its mana cost. Now let me explain to you why this spell (that replaces your warrior spell) is the way it is.

1. As a defender, you will notice that your survivability is much better than before, and much better than other vocs, but your damage output stays fairly moderate. Why is this?
Because you choose to play defender! With that said, of course it will be possible for you to hunt and kill too, but you will not do it with the same ease as some other damage-dealing vocation will. You can read more tips & tricks and our vision of defender in our library. The mana cost is higher than before too, not just because you're a defender, but because this spell provides a very good damage support for other fellow party members to follow up on. See why below.

2. Crush is a significantly different spell from Weaponswing because it deals bonus damage based on the target's max. HP. This means, the stronger the monster you're fighting, the more damage you will have.
Sure, it deals much less damage on an earthcrawler, but in a 1v1 fight, it would take that same earthcrawler about 1 hour to kill you if you didn't have any sources of regeneration and mediocre defender gear.
I think that's fair. Now let's compare the damage of these 2 spells, not counting the enemy's armor:

Weaponswing:

On level 25 with skill 30, with a weapon of 20 attack weaponswing will do:
50 to 67 damage +65% chance to do 10-15 more

-----------------------------
Crush:

On level 25 with skill 30, with a weapon of 20 attack crush will do the following damage:
On a monster with 300 HP:
50 to 67 + (11 to 13) => 61 to 80 damage (This is your regular noobie monster)

On a monster with 500 HP:
50 to 67 + (19 to 23) => 69 to 90 damage (15-20ish level monsters)

On a monster with 1000 HP it will do:
50 to 67 + (38 to 46) => 88 to 113 damage (many mainland monsters)

On a monster with 2000 HP it will do:
50 to 67 + (76 to 92) => 126 to 159 damage (stronger monsters)

As you can see, Crush becomes much more powerful outside of Bawfuria where monsters are a bit stronger. Reminder of top of it all - you will not be able to promote on Bawfuria on the regular server.
You also get to keep Shell , a powerful defensive spells that gets even better on higher levels, and other warrior classes do not.

some stuff that could be buffed like the passive its 3% out and 4,5% in fight all 4 sec why not all 3 sec 5% in fight and out 3% all 4 sec?

I am not ruling the possibility out if we receive a lot more feedback & complaints on this matter, but I definitely think their passive is an effective tool for their durability as it is right now and shouldn't be changed. Do keep in mind that this is supposed to last you the entire game, not just on your current level, which means with every new level you advance to, it gets stronger. On top of it all, you also have Shell and some other spells & tools to increase your barrier. You might not realize it, but on a character with 1000 hp, that means you regenerate 45 barrier per 4 sec (11,25 per sec). So, in 2 ticks of this regeneration (that is forever free and without cost for you) you've regenerated an amount of barrier equal to what some health potion (without lupol bonuses) would heal you. This literally means you save yourself 1 potion per 8 seconds. If we buffed this any more, it might become OP, especially when you reach HP amounts of 2000+ where you will regenerate 90 barrier per tick and more.

I also tought about upgradeing "shell after you choose defender from ur first voc (warrior) like it works like a Thornmail example you have 300 barrier power if u get attacked each barrier power minus- = 1dmg to the attacker or is there a spell already that works like that? would make defender more unique

There is already a spell similar to that called Mirror Block but you don't have it on lower levels.

I hope this explains some things, took me 15 mins to write the reply ;-;

Before elaborating, I will that the cost of "Crush" will be changed soon and incorporate a stamina cost with a slight reduction of its mana cost. Now let me explain to you why this spell (that replaces your warrior spell) is the way it is.

1. As a defender, you will notice that your survivability is much better than before, and much better than other vocs, but your damage output stays fairly moderate. Why is this?
Because you choose to play defender! With that said, of course it will be possible for you to hunt and kill too, but you will not do it with the same ease as some other damage-dealing vocation will. You can read more tips & tricks and our vision of defender in our library. The mana cost is higher than before too, not just because you're a defender, but because this spell provides a very good damage support for other fellow party members to follow up on. See why below.

2. Crush is a significantly different spell from Weaponswing because it deals bonus damage based on the target's max. HP. This means, the stronger the monster you're fighting, the more damage you will have.
Sure, it deals much less damage on an earthcrawler, but in a 1v1 fight, it would take that same earthcrawler about 1 hour to kill you if you didn't have any sources of regeneration and mediocre defender gear.
I think that's fair. Now let's compare the damage of these 2 spells, not counting the enemy's armor:

Weaponswing:

On level 25 with skill 30, with a weapon of 20 attack weaponswing will do:
50 to 67 damage +65% chance to do 10-15 more

-----------------------------
Crush:

On level 25 with skill 30, with a weapon of 20 attack crush will do the following damage:
On a monster with 300 HP:
50 to 67 + (11 to 13) => 61 to 80 damage (This is your regular noobie monster)

On a monster with 500 HP:
50 to 67 + (19 to 23) => 69 to 90 damage (15-20ish level monsters)

On a monster with 1000 HP it will do:
50 to 67 + (38 to 46) => 88 to 113 damage (many mainland monsters)

On a monster with 2000 HP it will do:
50 to 67 + (76 to 92) => 126 to 159 damage (stronger monsters)

As you can see, Crush becomes much more powerful outside of Bawfuria where monsters are a bit stronger. Reminder of top of it all - you will not be able to promote on Bawfuria on the regular server.
You also get to keep Shell , a powerful defensive spells that gets even better on higher levels, and other warrior classes do not.

I am not ruling the possibility out if we receive a lot more feedback & complaints on this matter, but I definitely think their passive is an effective tool for their durability as it is right now and shouldn't be changed. Do keep in mind that this is supposed to last you the entire game, not just on your current level, which means with every new level you advance to, it gets stronger. On top of it all, you also have Shell and some other spells & tools to increase your barrier. You might not realize it, but on a character with 1000 hp, that means you regenerate 45 barrier per 4 sec (11,25 per sec). So, in 2 ticks of this regeneration (that is forever free and without cost for you) you've regenerated an amount of barrier equal to what some health potion (without lupol bonuses) would heal you. This literally means you save yourself 1 potion per 8 seconds. If we buffed this any more, it might become OP, especially when you reach HP amounts of 2000+ where you will regenerate 90 barrier per tick and more.

There is already a spell similar to that called Mirror Block but you don't have it on lower levels.

I hope this explains some things, took me 15 mins to write the reply ;-;

Ty was just suggesting :p would be great to have spells from vocs in library :) to check em out

Shiva, crush is disappointing, it looks so much better with your formula ...
Do cyclopses have THAT much defense, or is something wrong with level 37, 20 attack weapon, 33 club skill, dealing about 100 damage...
I still prefer using immobilizing throw all the time (lower cooldown, lower mana cost, no soul cost, about the same damage), so it would be nice if defenders had some reflect damage a bit earlier on.
Also, the barrier is based on max barrier, not health :p You would need to be level 67 to have 1005 barrier ~,~
The stronger heal that takes a lot of mana is way too weak, it heals for 200 while my normal heal does 80-120.
Shell should work with weapon defense as well, what is the point of two-handed defender weapons if shell doesn't work with them?

I just want to say that every color of butterfly has a corpse of that color. If you kill any butterfly right now it goes straight to rotting corpse phase 2.

Err anyways. I just started a new character and I got to say that the beginning is a lot better than it was early beta. Server is definitely going the right direction. Rats drop a good amount of loot to keep you hunting for the full duration of the first quest. Lets hope I don't ragequit at the crabs again. ^^

Why did you made an "potion cd" when u use them? lol

http://necronia.com/changelog.php

- While this timer lasts, every time you use a potion, the cooldown to use another one will increase.

1st use -> 1 sec. cooldown 'til next use.
2nd use -> 1 sec. cooldown 'til next use.
3rd use -> 2 sec. cooldown 'til next use.
4th use -> 2 sec. cooldown 'til next use.
5th use -> 3 sec. cooldown 'til next use.
6th use -> 4 sec. cooldown 'til next use.

Why did you made an "potion cd" when u use them? lol

http://necronia.com/changelog.php

- While this timer lasts, every time you use a potion, the cooldown to use another one will increase.

1st use -> 1 sec. cooldown 'til next use.
2nd use -> 1 sec. cooldown 'til next use.
3rd use -> 2 sec. cooldown 'til next use.
4th use -> 2 sec. cooldown 'til next use.
5th use -> 3 sec. cooldown 'til next use.
6th use -> 4 sec. cooldown 'til next use.
We did this because we noticed that potions were a bit overpowered. In PvP it would come down to who had the most potions, something we wanted to avoid. Rather than decreasing the amount they healed, we added a cooldown to help balance it out. This way potions won't become useless and a money sink. I know that after a certain time the cooldown timer will decrease to its usual one second cooldown.

Back