• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[Nicaw 7.6] Prevent Certain Names?

xSable

Reaction score
Trying to figure out how to make it so that when people make new accounts they can't make characters with certain "illegal" names.

Like Admin, GM, GOD, Gamemaster, Tutor, etc.

Also certain vulgar names. How would I go about doing this, because I've searched and I can't seem to find anything.

config.inc.php
# Banned names
$cfg['invalid_names'] = array('^gm','^god','admin','fuck','game master','gamemaster', 'owner');
If you're going to make your ot public please create antibot client or it will be worst than 8.6 server. Can I know where are you going to host it?

I don't have a file called config.inc.php, but it's fine. I figured it out in functions.php.

How do I create an antibot client? Honestly there is one bot I want to allow, because of the speed and attack rate of the monsters I have. I'll be hosting it on a home server. I did it once before a few years ago, the server I had then ran fast with a bit more than 100 players online at once, so this one should do fine.

You need to change RSA key and Port if you want but rsa is needed, there are tutorials for that.
Where do you live then?

Back