• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Open Tibia is going down?

Some servers deserve donations but most don't, the people who develop well and can host for long-term (using the donation money raised to pay server costs) are acceptable.
Most servers nowadays are just little kids using Download+Run servers and using the OtLand Support team and other knowledgable members to their selfish advantage.
I don't remember the last time I saw a good custom rpg server, pretty sure it was Kingdom Age so about 2 years ago-ish.

They deserved to have donations for the effort they put in to making the map and scripts.

It's all about server's climate, if first post is true you probably remember how servers looked like between 7.6 and 7.92
No guild points, not much events, everything was simple and funny. Today's otservers doesn't have it. Players chose older protocols which can be better to play eg. 7.6
You probably remember when otservers were made for fun and only 1/20 servers were with donations/vip

I don't remember the last time I saw a good custom rpg server, pretty sure it was Kingdom Age so about 2 years ago-ish.

They deserved to have donations for the effort they put in to making the map and scripts.

TNT is a good custom RPG server, all custom maps and stuff. Its good to see someone doing custom work. I dont know if its allowed here so I wont try to make it look like advertising but anyone can PM me and ill give info. Id like to build a custom myself but being out of it for a while im a little rusty again. Not sure if I wanna go 8.7 or newer

Yeah i do, there were no donations... i hsoted my first server on my pc for 2 years just for fun...
I made many dynamic events, but not because ppl wanted, i did it because it was great fun for me aswell... i have somewhere an screenshot from otservlist wich shows that my server was one of the oldest, when the screen was took.
Many servers are made to gain money, but its fail... cuz if u rent a server, u need money to pay for it... but many hosters are too greedy, the gameplay is restricted for players that are not donating.
The old ots, had no rl map, only lot of custom stuiff, many new ideas, fantasy, and differency. The "rl map" has destroyed an important part of ot... because before the rl map usage, players took their time to learn things on new servers...
I have rented a server some days ago. But i dont want to have any donations cuz:

- Donations from ot, are not legal -> German law,Donation-Organisation must be aprooved first (server is located in Germany)
- The so called Donations are not even donations, they are sale... cuz u give an player points in exchange... its fishy
- Donations keeps new players away from joining your server... Must i donate again??? Oh no...
- Donations makes game unfair! Maybe someone is poor and he is playing an game where he is equal, or not? Rich kid has everything?...its same like in rl life... no point to waste time in a fantasy world, wehere u have same unbalanced conditions like in rl life.

And i will get money from some other projects to pay for the rent.
I want to have an server for fun, not for profit...
Too sad that many hosters dont think so... but they are fools... to get money to pay rent is ok, but they will get never rich with an ot, so they should not be greedy and make everything payable...

The problems are real maps, high exp servers and kids that don't wanna fight for something.

Kind Regards,
Eldin.

Hey yeah! :) It has been long time, nice to see you are still here!
How are u??

Everything is fine. You always have been on the right track regarding OTS, I have trust that you can create something great.

Lol, I remember I "played" on Titanium many, many years ago. It was a good popular ot server back then. I believe it was 7.6. It was a lot of fun making fake cash with dupe method and buy the best stuff really easy :p Also, walls/static objects could easily be removed by converting them in memory to a throwable item and then launching them into a trash bin or water lol. Times <3

No harm was done really, I tested it for fun and the GM's repaid the players, also told the staff about it. Sorry to you guys :p

You hosted Exodus, the 7.6 OT with a custom client? I played that a lot until some GM's made "God Boots" and started killing everyone with UE. That was bullshit, it was such a good server.

And to answer your question: Yes, OpenTibia is dying. The Forgotten Server is the only legitimate distribution available for people to host with, and access to the latest developments of TFS is limited to donators, restricting server owners to remain in their current client version until TFS is released, which in some cases can be more than a year. And to add to that, server owners host servers for the sole purpose of collecting donations. Pretty much everything is about "donations."

A lot has changed.

J.Dre

Last edited:
You hosted Exodus, the 7.6 OT with a custom client? I played that a lot until some GM's made "God Boots" and started killing everyone with UE, that was bullshit. It was such a good server...

And to answer your question: Yes, OpenTibia is dying. The Forgotten Server is the only legitimate distribution available for people to host with, and access to the latest developments of TFS is limited to donators, restricting server owners to remain in their current client version until TFS is released, which in some cases can be more than a year. And to add to that, server owners host servers for the sole purpose of collecting donations. Pretty much everything is about "donations."

A lot has changed.

J.Dre

Heh, yeah, on exodus some shit happend, cuz this was the first time i shared my server with someone who paid for the rent.
While i was on vocation he gave some guys who played the server, the acces to the server(to fix bugs that were not bugs)... to my hard work...
And once i baned(for boting) someone who i knew in rl... visited him once... ... he(the guy who was banned) started doing shit with an hacked gm... cuz he had the access...
Took an hour to fix all, but it was stupid situation...
Some months later. i had no fun with ots because of those incidents... some ppl stolen my server (thanks god not the source of the exe)
And there was many topics on otland about "searching team for an server... cuz we can not understand the scripts" hahaha... of my riped server :)
I was angry but somehow it was entertaining... cuz my coding was awful back then... variable declarations like "a=" "ar=" so no one could understand how the fuck my stuff worked, to edit it... i had the same problem some days ago, when i took my old stuf back into work.

@Tony32
Yeah 7.6 had many bugs... it was not fun to find solution for all the crashing bugs... and it was really allways same shit:
You do host 3th most popular ot... 300(cant remmeber)+ players online.
Crash...
Me: WTF i will loose players... must trow food away, need to fix that as fast as possible
Another Crash
Me: WTF not again... must go "invisible ninja" and stalk players to reproduce bug...

Good that i had so much free time back then... too bad that i was a wannabe programmer...

I remember the one day i woke up... and the stupid walls in Sky island and old Sity was missing... i was in rage.... but there was no damege at shops (the one with rare items) so i thank you for not removing them in that critical places :)

There was another stupid bug in 7.6... where u could change the clientside id of an item.. to fake the trade... and if u changed the id in an corpse.. the server crashed after the corpse was gone ... :p

And i started on working on new server:
http://ot.titaniumworld.de/
Its online but not complete, its still not even alpha(damn many bugs)... i will add the item/monster system that i did developed for not finished Tiablo(Diablo) Project in some weeks!
But if someone has time to kill... take a look at this bugy pice of something :)
I wont reset the characters that are allredy there...
I dident edited the source yet...(ty tfs team for the development, everything is working fine, except the function to set creature light..)

Its generally too sad to see tibia and ots dying... so many nice memories are bound together with tibia...
I hope cipsoft can do a change with the flash client, if they add the game on facebook as app and sites like (russian) "odnoklassniki"

Last edited:
Please try do something with roxor map and scripts, theres no roxor ots for 2 years and many players still looks for that, it will be nice.

Seems there are more members here than ever before, probably because playing real tibia without a bot is completely stupid as the game NEEDS to be botted now... which results in people getting deleted as the detection tool improves...
THUS RESULTING IN

an influx of opentibia players...

It doesn't mean tibia itself is growing/dying it just means players are migrating from real tibia to OT's..
i think

Seems there are more members here than ever before, probably because playing real tibia without a bot is completely stupid as the game NEEDS to be botted now... which results in people getting deleted as the detection tool improves...
THUS RESULTING IN

an influx of opentibia players...

It doesn't mean tibia itself is growing/dying it just means players are migrating from real tibia to OT's..
i think

Tho open tibia community got less players now then before

Back