• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

OtLand dead....?

Guys... After the rain comes the sun! Keep that in mind, something better will come up after this bad period, trust me.

There are currently 522 users online. 186 members and 336 guests
The points is
186 are afk
That's why one post each 30 min
And btw at peak times it's like 1 post each min so Otland isn't dead
Just compare Otland To Otfans

OTFans is dead

OTLand is not dead.

I believe OT's will not die for a while.
Even if flash client comes out, OT's will live on with older protocols.
I think 8.6 is by far one of the best protocols for OT's right now, and I hope they will last.

WHAT CAN BE DONE THEN?

Its quite dead, yeah, even if OtLand is the most active OT forum.
It should be only one forum for all to be and OtLand has a good start for it, but I also believe that things could be done.
More people would need to write and help eachother, another thing is that new persons are often getting to hear "search the forums -.-" when asking questions, nowadays, everyone want everything to go really fast, some are ofcourse morons who wont search, but when I can't even find what im looking for by searching sometimes, how would they? ´

We need more things like maybe an "RL Tibia OT Forum Part?" I want OT to be unique, but that wont happen,
so an RL Tibia Forum Part would as for example have one Forum with Map Releases regarding to RL Tibia ONLY,
and one with actions/movements scripts and one with NPCs etc?

The top sticky ones in those forums should then be links with as for example the best tibia map aswell as maybe downloading seperate parts
like rook, edron or whatever. The scripts would be for Annih (The best one with best explanation), then PoI etc etc.
Their is to many "kinda alike scripts" out there but ALMOST ALL got a bug in someway.

When PoI was new, I searched for it and found many different to download, one seemed to be the best and almost promised to be as 100% as it could be. Once I downloaded it and started to compare with TibiaWiki, I got the answer, it wasent even 25%.
I then made 100-200 SCRIPTS MYSELF to make it COMPLETE, how could that be when I downloaded the BEST ONE?
Another example is the Website Shop, I spent like 2-5 days looking for the right and good one for an X version of TFS,
at every topic, they said different, "this is not safe, this sucks, this aint supporting everything" etc etc, how about making it EASY? :)

Other cool scripts should be sticky, well explained and well made. The best thing with this would be for they who makes custom servers, it will be easier and they might give it a shot! :)
More cool servers that is made should also be given out to the puplic, ofcourse not a big project thats been working on for a long time, but if it dies as for example, give it out to the public!

Let the retards get it easy, let others get it easy and save them time with things already made, help eachother to make everything as 100% real tibia working if you want that, and help eachother to make other scripts working in the best way they can at custom ones.
Another thing that still would be great is to create a new map WITH THE COMMUNITY, let everyone in someway be a part of it, ideas or whatever.
Different people can map different areas or whatever, make it quite big as real tibia and think it trough before starting, this could maybe help the OT to create something custom THAT OFCOURSE WOULD BE RELEASED FOR FREE AS A PROJECT FOR EVERYONE TO HELP UPDATING and we might see less of the real tibia map someday.

We need to get a more community feeling and it can be done if everyone starts to help eachother.

Kind Regards,
Eldin.

PS: I am sorry for the text mess, Im in a hurry.

Last edited:
Tibia otserv will stop on 8.9~ or 9.0, in Flash client. Some pp are saying thats impossible change the IP of the flash client and it has a new criptography and maby a new protocol.

@off
omg, i am android programmer :p

WRONG tibia is still making its normal client Flash isint client its a web page but they said: YOU CAN STILL USE OUR NORMAL TIBIA CLIENT...
so they will be launching it...

I think what it is, is that we pretty much seen it all. We need something new not the same boring stuff over and over again. Not all of us may be capable of doing the amazing stuff. But they/we have pretty much seen it all. Thus making it semi boring. I still enjoy coming on the forums. And being part of a community who are semi helpful and full of conversation. There will be something out there that will eventually spark are interest again. And we will all be back here trolling spamming and swamping the forums with post and questions. And to the person who brought up the flash client. Someone will figure something out and release it lol. Give it time ot's and otland will rise again. WOOT!

Imo bots have destroyed tibia. I don't know when the first bots were released, but they became very popular and everyone was using em. Now that CIP has started banning botters in massive amounts and it's not that easy to get a free non-detectable bot anymore - many people are quitting. The reason is that it's impossible to compete with botters in level, skills etc. and if you have a war you need bot or you're fucked. Also tibia is the kind of game that you play once, complete all main quests pretty fast and you get bored/hunted and quit. And if you play ots you eventually get tired of the endless wars in different servers.

Last edited:
Imo bots have destroyed tibia. I don't know when the first bots were released, but they became very popular and everyone was using em. Now that CIP has started banning botters in massive amounts and it's not that easy to get a free non-detectable bot anymore - many people are quitting. The reason is that it's impossible to compete with botters in level, skills etc. and if you have a war you need bot or you're fucked. Also tibia is the kind of game that you play once, complete all main quests pretty fast and you get bored/hunted and quit, unless ofcourse you find ots where you can have wars and enjoy premium stuff for free. Tho eventually u still get tired.
I agree with you that bots have killed tibia, CIP is just milking Tibia until the payers just don't cover the server and staff costs, but there are always tons of BRs and PLs on Tibia, it'll probably end up being a BR and PL game..

The reason I like OTS is because its a game where I can actually make my own world, other games that have private servers, you usually either can't change maps or its extremelly hard

Its what I like about OTS, the complete freedom you have over your server, you can actually do anything you possibly want

They're wasting their money in each update to make the server better but they are failing. CipSoft is dead and Tibia will be in some years.

Well they have to make something, if they didn't make new content then people would probably get mad aswell =P But yeh they should listen to the community I don't think they have done so with latest updates. Instead they are fighting with the community(OT, bots?). If they just let it be they would have alot more players I think.
Tibia is the oldest RPG made I think so it's nice achievment to still have so much players now. It's probably because it's so unique, I love that u have to actually type with the npc =P and that you can't walk through other players, and that you can own and decorate your own house. Would be a shame if they let it die.

But yeh they should listen to the community I don't think they have done so with latest updates. Instead they are fighting with the community(OT, bots?). If they just let it be they would have alot more players I think.
THIS!!!

... and that you can't walk through other players...
Allow me to introduce Optional PvP :)

Rlly think its dead ?

Most users ever online was 1,003, 22nd January 2011 at 21:15.

people are just more lazy.. all newbies asking how to edit a map.. or how to setup a server etc etc.. They are just fucking lazy to search and do it by themself..

So otland is more dead because ppl post things that they could have searched for?
Trollogic is ftw!!

The problem is a mix of nearly everything here. Tibia itself is dying, therefor the number of people who play the real version and OTs is reduced. OTs have been out long enough that the veterans in the community rarely come around, if they even come back at all. This leads to the forums becoming empty and filled with people who don't know what their doing.

The problem is how the new members are treated. It used to be that curiosity drove people to learn how to make and run OTs, at least that's why I kept around. With tutorials on how to do everything, new members trying to run their own servers right out of the gate, you are skipping an important step: learning through playing. Back around 7.1-7.6 you didn't just join the community and setup a server, you played OTs. Nowadays this step is skipped, leading to the next problem.

Those people who skipped the step of playing then realize that in order to survive they're server needs something extra, and they try and do it themselves such as adding a script. When that goes wrong they come here, with 1-15 posts asking for help like they run the show, and the person helping them kindly tells them to GTFO. That's when you essentially lose a prospected member, because instead of coming back for help the next time, and maybe sticking around to browse the forums and join the community, they just let their server run until it gets no more players, hoping people are stupid to donate to their RealOTs server. And people are stupid.

Tl;Dr

Game is old.
Veterans leave.
Knowledge is too accessible.
Lurkers are shunned after posting for help.
RealOTs ruined everything.
Donations killed good OTs.
People are stupid.

There's my rant,
Leftwing

Back