• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

OtSearch - Search Engine for Open Tibia Websites

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is pretty illogical, i don't get it

What's there to get?
Instead of searching on just one forum (otland) it searches on multiple. 4 to be exact.

Then goodluck, I guess. And adsense the shiznits out of it.

I tried adding adsense, they said that there is "too little content" for ads to be placed.

I can't say anything but that I amazed, every single thing that I searched for always came up in the results.

Excellent job!

Make logo 2-3x smaller, so people will see more results (show 8 per page, not 4?)

Set the website into a 960 or 976 width grid system. Looks too stretched out in a 1080p display. :)

I was actually skeptical like this guy aswell, but when you actually test it out it's not that bad, i can see how it maybe usefull to some people, though i'd recommend setting it so if you search someones name there profile comes up first (If that's even possible), i tried to search afew old members i used to know but it didn't get me very far.

Im sure that this will help a lot of noobs instead of creating threads in the support section

I was actually skeptical like this guy aswell, but when you actually test it out it's not that bad, i can see how it maybe usefull to some people, though i'd recommend setting it so if you search someones name there profile comes up first (If that's even possible), i tried to search afew old members i used to know but it didn't get me very far.

Well it searches by relevance (like everything).

PM me the names, I'll see if I can find them :)

@Talaturen, why didnt you already swap out the default search bar to use this instead? And then maybe increase the size of it?

Smt like this:

I like the red font, it drags attention. In case someone would actually miss it.

Looks like its been taken down for some reason.

Don't know why.

- - - Updated - - -

Looks like my host is down too, should be back up shortly, if anyone even uses it :p

38 comments

=/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back