• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Solved Paypal IPN settings

DonHagman

Chill'Reward2014
Reaction score
Hello!

I have some serious troubles making my server to give donation points automaticly. I know this is a subject that pop up alot around here, but I have not really found any solution for this - for a long time!

I have enabled the IPN on the Paypal website, but not absolute sure if I've done it right. I'll explain short how I have done so far.-

In the IPN settings at paypal's website I've set my own website in the "Website for messages" setting. "
Have I done that right? Or should I set any other adress there instead?
Should it instead be http://192.168.0.10/paypal_report.php, or am I wrong even there?

In my paypal config I saw this lines:-

$paypal_report_url = 'http://192.168.0.10/paypal_report.php';
$paypal_return_url = 'http://192.168.0.10/?subtopic=shopsystem';

Is that correct? I got a small feeling that it isn't, but I have absolute no real idea what else should be there..

I would Really appreciate if someone could explain a litle how I should do this in the right order. I've got this troubles for years now without findning any really working solution, seriously. :eek:

Peace out!

Last edited:
Solution
What Thosh said and it you can use either:
Code:
ip.com/index.php?subtopic=paypal_report
or
Code:
ip.com/paypal_report.php

The second one links to the first link anyways.

Edit: oo 3000th post :p
Thats wrong. You are linking to an internal IP Adress. That report url notifies your server, that a transaction has been completed by user xxx and that return url, returns the user after the payment to an specific url. Means: replace that 192.168.0.10 with your IPv4 Adress or an Domain Name.

Code:
or
Code:
ip.com/paypal_report.php

The second one links to the first link anyways.

Edit: oo 3000th post :p

Solution
Thats wrong. You are linking to an internal IP Adress. That report url notifies your server, that a transaction has been completed by user xxx and that return url, returns the user after the payment to an specific url. Means: replace that 192.168.0.10 with your IPv4 Adress or an Domain Name.

Code:

I don't know how to thank you guys, for real! I've had this problems for a real long time. Never ever found a real solution for it, until now.

Thank you!! :):cool::rolleyes:

It didn't work. You sure I add that to the integrate ipn part on PayPal.com? Do I have to change anything else?
Enter that link and see if everything works, should give you some error saying you are not paypal ~

Enter that link and see if everything works, should give you some error saying you are not paypal ~
I typed it in and it brought me to my servers homepage. I just have to get my friend to test it out.
Also for some reason when I do !shop in game my I don't receive my items. it was working yesterday..

EDIT: Figured it out.

Friend still doesn't receive his points on my site. I did what you said and nothing happened. I received the payment on PayPal and it says it will take 3-5 days before it will post to my account. Does that have to happen before he gets his points? I feel like it should be automatic. Am I supposed to edit anything else in the PayPal section in config.php? I changed it from false to true, and added my PayPal address.

Last edited by a moderator:
I typed it in and it brought me to my servers homepage. I just have to get my friend to test it out.
Also for some reason when I do !shop in game my I don't receive my items. it was working yesterday..

EDIT: Figured it out.

Friend still doesn't receive his points on my site. I did what you said and nothing happened. I received the payment on PayPal and it says it will take 3-5 days before it will post to my account. Does that have to happen before he gets his points? I feel like it should be automatic. Am I supposed to edit anything else in the PayPal section in config.php? I changed it from false to true, and added my PayPal address.

You need to setup the account, if I remember correctly you need to use an approved card or send a picture of your id or something like that.
Better if you google or email paypal about that or do a serach here on OTLand.

But yes, you will have to approve the payments otherwise and then the API should be called by paypal.

I a
You need to setup the account, if I remember correctly you need to use an approved card or send a picture of your id or something like that.
Better if you google or email paypal about that or do a serach here on OTLand.

But yes, you will have to approve the payments otherwise and then the API should be called by paypal.

I already have a PayPal account. I got my API credentials now though and enabled automatic payment. What do I do with my API credentials?

I'm using znoteacc

Jesus.. so why did you bump this gesior thread insted of creating a new one? xD
I got pretty much 0 knowledge of Znote AAC so I can't tell you what you need to do or how it's supposed to be, sorry.

Back