• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Please, don't come to Brazil World Cup 2014

FIFA confirmed that WC won't be stopped because of riots. Also I planned to go here but after this video I am still thinking.

FIFA confirmed that WC won't be stopped because of riots. Also I planned to go here but after this video I am still thinking.

We're still approximately a year away. They have confirmed AT THIS POINT, that it is not cancelled.

Venezuela is in a a much worse situation and nobody cares or helped at all, but lately our people is no that active so I assume they get what they deserve, but I'm totally supporting this and spreading the word around my people, I just hope that even though we are not that known worldwide as Brazil just like Brazil is receiving the world help we (Venezuela) get the chance to be helped someday.

I think everybody should come to Brazil, not just for the WC, but to visit and see our country. But forget the international cities (Rio de Janeiro and São Paulo), these are masked lol, they only show the beautiful parts to foreigners.
Our country is beautiful, our people is receptive, but we just have some major problems with our administration which we are trying to solve or atleast make better.

I think everybody should come to Brazil, not just for the WC, but to visit and see our country.

I totally agree with this, i dont think the FiFa will cancell the WC because of this problem unless the governement says : no we dont want the world cup (and they wont do that)

But i fully support this video, from the things ive read and seen on the news and read on various other internet sites things cant go on as they are and this video is a good way to get the story out there and show people the real truth whats going on there.

The only thing i dont get is why it discourages people to go to brazil (to the WC) , they invested so much money allready that it would be illogical to not advertise the WC and get some of the money spend on it back

The only thing i dont get is why it discourages people to go to brazil (to the WC) , they invested so much money allready that it would be illogical to not advertise the WC and get some of the money spend on it back

Because it will be good only for some people (markets, restaurants, etc), but most of the money, is going to the government and won't be invested where it should.

As a matter of fact, Brazil's economy is growing because of other countries. We are borrowing money so we can grow.
Brazil is growing 2% per year, but our debts grow 4%. The public titles (national treasury, etc) are due in 2 years, wait for the worst, because there is no money to pay who bought them. The inflation will get worse, the current government is just hiding the facts until the next election (next year).

Brazil's economy isn't "growing", afaik right NOW it's decreasing from what Lula did, right? Anyway, you don't seem to get where I'm trying to get.

1. It isn't all that bad, let alone corruption, Lula's legacy is still there, Brazil has the 6th highest PBI! I just don't understand what all this anger is about, you havn't been carrying 5 or 6 years of BAD administration, just 1 or 2. I just read that the president will pass a law so petrol money goes to education and health, we'll see how that goes.

2. The money has already been wasted, stopping the world cup would be IDIOTIC, it wouldn't make any freaking sense, the investment has already been done, and knowing Brazil I know most of the population would love to have it, get some profit out of it, cancelling it would be stupid.

Because it will be good only for some people (markets, restaurants, etc), but most of the money, is going to the government and won't be invested where it should.

Wait and see, I don't think all of the government has bad intentions, a lot of the money will surely be used so Brazil can economically start growing again, and don't forget the olympics the next year.

Back