• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Polish mourning

Status
Not open for further replies.
Due to the tragic accident near Smolensk, Russia, where Polish president, Lech Kaczyński together with his wife, Maria and part of government staff (including most of Polish Army chief generals, priests) lost their lives due to aeroplane crash we, OtLand staff want to share the pain with you, as there are many of you between us. 96 people were flying on government's Tupolev 154M, all of them died.

Most of you just won't understand it, because you don't know what Katyn is and what Katyn gonna be now.
Kaczynski, has been traveling with a Polish delegation to Russia for the 70th anniversary of the Soviet massacre of Polish prisoners of war in the village of Katyn. Around 25,000 Poles, including soldiers and civilians, which were the "elite" of Poland, were executed there during World War II.
Though this is an OpenTibia community, we keep to believe in those mature members, which can understand this tragedy.

OtLand staff.
zaloba_04.gif

PS
I am very sad I've wrote this news by myself, but Talaturen, our head admin has no words to comment this.

Last edited:
In my opinion, it should be posted here. Remember, we aren't robots, we're humans too. I understand why you think it shouldn't be posted here, but please respect my opinion as well.

It was a topic orginally posted by paxton in chit chat, it was locked and we were told to go to announcements ;p. I think it should be posted here because it's history, this has never happened before. As for Haiti, it should have been posted here.

How is it history?
Is it because it's the first political leader to die in an aircraft? That's not history, that's tragedy. And this has never happened before? Many political leaders have died in aircraft accidents before. Some information about that can be found here: political leaders that die in aircraft accidents

No, it's the same as 10000000 other people that die everyday. But when it comes to popularity and whoever did the best deeds for the world, that person is more important. Which is why I picked Michael Jackson over 96 unknown/unpopular people (in world perspective, not polish).

You think michael jackson did more for the world? I can't believe I missed this post. 96 unknown/unpopular? Maybe to your little pea brain. You're a waste of my time. I didn't see world leaders coming together for jackson's funeral.

You think michael jackson did more for the world? I can't believe I missed this post. 96 unknown/unpopular? Maybe to your little pea brain. You're a waste of my time. I didn't see world leaders coming together for jackson's funeral.

Why would world leaders have to join his funeral?

How is it history?
Is it because it's the first political leader to die in an aircraft? That's not history, that's tragedy. And this has never happened before? Many political leaders have died in aircraft accidents before. Some information about that can be found here: political leaders that die in aircraft accidents

I'm talking about a whole branch of government. Don't make stupid posts when you don't know anything. Go listen to your Michael Jackson music, and keep idolizing a wacko.

I'm talking about a whole branch of government. Don't make stupid posts when you don't know anything. Go listen to your Michael Jackson music, and keep idolizing a wacko.

It has never happened before because those countries are damn smart to use separate planes. End the Michael Jackson scenario, it's old, it's pointless, it was only used for one of my points, not a continuous matter.

-.- Ya'll are kinda offtopic. BTW point is Dixter that people die everyday, we don't have to post the depressing shit here at otland when people can find out themselves, some people don't wanna see it, it causes arguments like this. And btw, I never heard of those Polish people but I heard of Michael Jackson so I suppose so yes it was a pretty important death that shook the world but it still didn't make announcements. OPEN TIBIA NEWS ONLY. This time is excused.

ps Dixter: having a recursive argument is a bad way to lose a debate.

Did I say Jackson's death wasn't important? No I didn't. I'm saying he didn't really do anything for the world, and let's be honest, with no disrespect to Jackson, when we hear about him, it's not usually in a good way.

Quality, not quantity counts.

These people did more for the world. As I said before, in my opinion tragic accidents such as this should be posted here, and I have a right to my opinion and you should respect it, like I respect yours.

Michael Jackson memorial service - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

According to official news sources around the world, the event exceeded 2,5 billion viewers, making it the most watched live television broadcast of the history of humanity worldwide, surpassing the level of viewing in the television broadcast of the Apollo 11 space mission in July 1969, until then considered the live television broadcast with higher worldwide audience.

LMFAO did you just say the quality of the death counts over the quantity!?!

"Every man is created equal" -ftw words.

And no I don't respect your opinion because you don't have a right to one because you have no idea how to back it up, you keep on about Michael Jackson when we aren't even talking about him directly, its a point, stop talking in circles. So first learn how to express your opinion and gives me some good reasons and then I'll respect it.

You wanna read about the real world and death? Go here: LiveLeak.com - Redefining the Media

Michael Jackson memorial service - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

According to official news sources around the world, the event exceeded 2,5 billion viewers, making it the most watched live television broadcast of the history of humanity worldwide, surpassing the level of viewing in the television broadcast of the Apollo 11 space mission in July 1969, until then considered the live television broadcast with higher worldwide audience.

Let's see some of those sources. In case you don't know there's 6 billion people in the world. As somebody said earlier, thats being a fan, not a patriot. Michael Jackson did nothing for the world, he's not respected by most people. Quality not quantity counts.

LMFAO did you just say the quality of the death counts over the quantity!?!

"Every man is created equal" -ftw words.

And no I don't respect your opinion because you don't have a right to one because you have no idea how to back it up, you keep on about Michael Jackson when we aren't even talking about him directly, its a point, stop talking in circles. So first learn how to express your opinion and gives me some good reasons and then I'll respect it.

You wanna read about the real world and death? Go here: LiveLeak.com - Redefining the Media

I didn't start talking about michael jackson, lostboy did. I backed my opinion up in multiple posts, if you bothered to read them. What I meant with "Quality not quantity counts" is that many people may know you, but they don't respect you. Fewer people may know about another person, but they respect him a lot. I would rather have 100 people respect me, than have 1,000,000 people know me, but think I'm a pedophile, or crazy.

It should be posted here because it's announcements. Since many of us are polish, it affects us, it also affects the world. Like I said, we're not robots. And if you don't respect somebody's opinion, then I don't respect you. Everyone has a right to their opinion. Voltaire once said "I may not agree with what you are saying, but I will fight to the death for your right to say it". I suggest you learn from that. You're not worthy of my time. I stand by my opinion, and until you learn to respect that, I will dismiss any further attempts to persuade me to see things from your perspective.

I didn't start talking about michael jackson, lostboy did. I backed my opinion up in multiple posts, if you bothered to read them. What I meant with "Quality not quantity counts" is that many people may know you, but they don't respect you. Fewer people may know about another person, but they respect him a lot. I would rather have 100 people respect me, than have 1,000,000 people know me, but think I'm a pedophile, or crazy.

It should be posted here because it's announcements. Since many of us are polish, it affects us, it also affects the world. Like I said, we're not robots. And if you don't respect somebody's opinion, then I don't respect you. Everyone has a right to their opinion. Voltaire once said "I may not agree with what you are saying, but I will fight to the death for your right to say it". I suggest you learn from that. You're not worthy of my time. I stand by my opinion, and until you learn to respect that, I will dismiss any further attempts to persuade me to see things from your perspective.

Syntax is right, I told you that I will stop using Michael Jackson, I only used him as a point, but instead you kept bringing him up.
And about the bold in your quote; That's an opinion, not a fact, just making sure you knew that.

It's fact idiot. Poland's economy is rapidly growing, we are in Iraq and Afghanistan. It is also in Nato. Representatives of poland, military and government officials died in the crash. So yes it does affect the world, politically and militarily. I mentioned this before, you must have a short memory.

The death impacted no one in the war. The only the that is being affected militarily is Poland. Losing the military officials is pausing Poland in the war. Other countries are still fighting their own way under their own military officials. Most countries don't depend on Poland economically. NATO isn't the world.

Maybe you meant affection as in sorrow.

Reading the media; people are saying Lech refused to land during harsh conditions.

No not sorrow moron. It doesn't stop the world, it still affects it. Many countries trade with Poland. The death of military officials affects the war itself idiot. You're really just too stupid to understand what happened.

No not sorrow moron. It doesn't stop the world, it still affects it. Many countries trade with Poland. The death of military officials affects the war itself idiot. You're really just too stupid to understand what happened.

How does it affect the entire war?
Don't tell me I'm so stupid when your saying things without any information behind it.

Woot, 100th post in the world's most pointless and ridiculous thread on a gaming forum.

That may be so, but I got the 101st post on the world's most pointless and ridiculous thread on a gaming forum. :p

You know what forget what I was going to say. You see this is why stuff like this shouldn't be posted here, shit gets outta hand.

This does affect the world you moron. Poland is in NATO, and the European Union. It's troops are also in the war in Iraq. Poland's votes count as much as any other country in the european union, a polish representative is also the head of the european union. You americans are just so, how do I say this lightly, conceided and ignorant(btw ignorant means uneducated, or misinformed in a certain area, it doesn't mean rude). You think you're the best and the smartest, hate to break it to you, but compared to other countries around the world, the average american is among the ones with the least intelligence. I'm a polish immigrant and have been living here for 12 years, so I know. Poland is part of NATO and the EU which means it is part of a union and when many people from that union die it affects everybody but ofcourse americans are too immature and "cool" to grasp that concept

I didn't come here to argue about politics and I don't intend to.

Thanks for explaining what ignorance means, it's not like we americans are fluent in english (i hope you realize that that comment insulted your own intelligence).
Did I claim once to be the "best and the smartest"?
Quote me on it if I did because I don't recall.
You just made a broad generalization about an entire group of people.
That makes you a hypocrite because that is one of the best examples of ignorance.
It's thinking like that has caused some of the worst tragedies in human history (slavery, the holocaust).

I know how educated I am. Is it the children's fault that our country puts more emphasis on corporate bailouts than it does on education? No, and that is sad indeed.
I do completely agree with you on that point. Education in my country is being repressed by our political leaders and that is very wrong.
It is because the uneducated are much easier to control.
But if you have lived here for twelve years and aren't sympathetic towards the American people in that matter than you are one of the most insensitive, conceited people I have ever met (or just a hypocrite for being as equally unintelligent as the majority of the American people).

I never claimed that America is better than any other country, I have seen too much of the world to believe that. I hate President Obama and I don't think he has done anything for this country, or the world that deserves praise. But he is still the President of the United States which makes him one of the most influential people alive.

And of course this tragedy affects the world, but not significantly enough for anyone but the Polish people and some high-ranking military officials in the war (none of which are members of this forum) to be troubled by it. (oops, forgot I wasn't going to go into politics)

But do you think your country would be where it is today if it wasn't for us?
No. It wouldn't.
You would all be speaking German.

Last edited:
@real thread topic, why didn't they take separate planes o_O? It's not entirely smart to put every important person of Poland on one single flight.

@fake thread topic, please move back to chit-chat section.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back