• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Questions about current state of openTibia

zbizu

Legendary OT User
Solutions
Reaction score
Hello everyone.
To those who don't remember me, I used to contribute here with scripts and tools.
Some were working, others were bugged, but all of them gave you lots of examples of what you can do in TFS solely with Lua.

Since I got a bit bored of LoL after unlocking all champions and defended my thesis about hamiltonian graphs I'm looking for another thing to do. One of things I consider is going back to scripting if the target audience is still big enough. Before I make a decision I want to ask you a few questions so let's begin.

1. Is the scripting community still alive?
I get plenty of notifications from my old threads, but I want an estimation how many of us are still around.

2. What are current tibians client preferences?
It used to be 7.6, 8.6 and newest. How does it look like now?

3. Are custom servers dead?
Is it all real map now?

4. How many client versions relative to global are RME and TFS master branch behind?
just tell me newest tibia version I can run on RME and TFS

5. Do people still use ipchanger for tibia11.x?

6. How big is the international playerbase?
Does it still make sense to create a server in english?

7. Are TFS devs still active?

Is the scripting community still alive?

I would say yes

- What are current tibians client preferences?

Still 7.6 and 8.60 and now 10.98.

- Are custom servers dead?

Not at all but kinda if you ask me

- How many client versions relative to global are RME and TFS master branch behind?

Cant answer

- Do people still use ipchanger for tibia11.x?

If im not wrong they still use ip changer ye also Otland Ip changer

- How big is the international playerbase?
Does it still make sense to create a server in english?

For sure ye

- Are TFS devs still active?

No idea :D

1. Is the scripting community still alive?
its most people spamming for support still, there is not many experienced coders.

2. What are current tibians client preferences?
now mostly oldschool servers come out, popular servers are either oldschool or otclient, and even some oldschool servers use otclient

there are a few custom popular servers but they all use systems to encourage people to have as many characters at the same time online, so it looks like they have lots of players so more players are inclined to join. this year only new custom servers i can remember are cyntara (dead), ascalon (dead), erpgia (dead), shadowrealm (seems alive, but also is the newest and encourages everyone to mc tons of characters and the other servers didnt do that)

4. How many client versions relative to global are RME and TFS master branch behind?
10.98, but it will be bad because 10.98 has missing features inside client that are not inside tfs. and players do not want 10.98, if u make new protocol u want otclient, butt guess what? using 10.98 on otclient is very buggy and u need to fix those issues to make it smooth, only big servers like shadowrealm, cyntara and archlight has these fixes

5. Do people still use ipchanger for tibia11.x?
tibia11 only suits for real map servers and servers that are close to real, it's very bad to edit and add custom stuff too, because most of the new features are hardcoded in client and we still dont have ways to edit them

6. How big is the international playerbase?
brs is probably the biggest playerbase but u can still have an english succesful server

7. Are TFS devs still active?
no, not at all. there's no new updates and pull requests arent even being added in most cases

10.98, but it will be bad because 10.98 has missing features inside client that are not inside tfs. and players do not want 10.98, if u make new protocol u want otclient, butt guess what? using 10.98 on otclient is very buggy and u need to fix those issues to make it smooth, only big servers like shadowrealm, cyntara and archlight has these fixes

I can write workarounds for missing features. Is branch 1.2 stable enough to run a standalone server?

edit: holy shit we are two years behind

Last edited:
I can write workarounds for missing features. Is branch 1.2 stable enough to run a standalone server?

edit: holy shit we are two years behind
Yeah, we are, because tfs devs dont want to update tfs, because otc is outdated and tfs should be even with otc.

The best thing that we could do is fork tfs 1.3 and update it till tibia 11.x imo.

Yeah, we are, because tfs devs dont want to update tfs, because otc is outdated and tfs should be even with otc.
Exactly how and why is OTC outdated? I mean what's the main/underlying cause?

Exactly how and why is OTC outdated? I mean what's the main/underlying cause?

OTC is very very pooor for the client that tfs is made for. The "new" (they are old now) walking animations are very bugged in otclient, there's a thread about this in otclient section where you can see the differences and it makes the client not feel smooth at all. But for older clients, the default otclient feels very good now I think. But it still needs to be fixed for new protocols, so it will actually work good with this current tfs! Things like idle animations are also not even playing at all, and this is also 2+ year old feature. Then all of the new features that current tibia client has are not even implemented, but i do not think this is necessary, we just must fix the smoothness for newer protocls,,, some servers has this fixed and i have tried contacting most of them and they are not willing to share even for money, 1 guy from cyntara did give me some tips but i couldn't solve it still

so now u are kinda stuck with using tibia 10.98 or using a bugged otclient if u want to use tfs 1.x :/

Last edited:
Is it all real map now?

We still alive :) but it's rather dificult for new custom servers these days, but if you have a large team & think big picture enough, theres still a big market for 2.5d players, just not sure if cipsoft graphics will do the trick for the long run (after initial year).

Seen a couple projects coming up that are very largescale and they seem to be getting alot of attention, however the reward for the time & investment & risk is very little compared to many other avenues someone could persue.

Can you tell me more about this?
I'm working on a really custom TFS 1.3 using OTClient and I want to know if these are serious problems.

Can you tell me more about this?
I'm working on a really custom TFS 1.3 using OTClient and I want to know if these are serious problems.
There is a serious decay bug (see issues). Not sure if it happens in 1.2 as well. They also messed something up with RSA.

Back