• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Quick questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
1) Bypassing a blocked link isn't against the rules, why do people get infracted for doing it? At most their posts should be edited or removed, or add this pseudo-rule to the official rules
2) Why is everything regarding pyot censored or against the rules?
3) According to the rules posting "dangerous material" is against the rules, what is dangerous material exactly? Pictures that hurt your eyes?

Regards

Dangerous materials such as Spyware, Virus, Malware, Adware, Keyloggers or anything that holds the such, there are webpages that contain that and Pyot, idk what it is, if it's a website it's probably been flagged as a malware site.

Dangerous materials such as Spyware, Virus, Malware, Adware, Keyloggers or anything that holds the such, there are webpages that contain that
Alright thanks.
and Pyot, idk what it is, if it's a website it's probably been flagged as a malware site.
It's a Tibia server made in Python I think, it's been anticipated for quite a while now there were a couple threads about it in here but then suddenly all of them were deleted and every post related to it was deleted as well, not sure what happened

1) It should be common sense if you are trying to bypass something that is censored, you're doing something wrong. If it isn't for you, then you're lucky you learned this way instead of after an infraction.
2) It's not. It's about a URL in the PyOT package that is censored, if PyOT is moved to another domain and links in the package are updated it won't be censored. I would've uploaded it on another domain myself if it wasn't for the fact that PyOT is useless to the end users of the OT Community. I'd say the only ones who benefit of it are the developers learning how a Tibia server is developed. TFS (OpenTibia) is superior to it in many ways (not saying Python doesn't have its benefits, but they're much less significant here). If I were to rewrite my scripts and work on a rewritten engine, it would be to OpenTibia's revscriptsys.
3) was already answered

Talaturen give some examples in what TFS is superior.

1) It should be common sense if you are trying to bypass something that is censored, you're doing something wrong. If it isn't for you, then you're lucky you learned this way instead of after an infraction.
2) It's not. It's about a URL in the PyOT package that is censored, if PyOT is moved to another domain and links in the package are updated it won't be censored. I would've uploaded it on another domain myself if it wasn't for the fact that PyOT is useless to the end users of the OT Community. I'd say the only ones who benefit of it are the developers learning how a Tibia server is developed. TFS (OpenTibia) is superior to it in many ways (not saying Python doesn't have its benefits, but they're much less significant here). If I were to rewrite my scripts and work on a rewritten engine, it would be to OpenTibia's revscriptsys.
3) was already answered
Thanks for replying. Now my question is, why is that URL in the pyot package censored? And I'm curious as well as to how TFS is superior.

Edit: I also have another question, if one person is found to be a scammer or thief ("selling" scripts but not giving them after getting the money for example) is the thief banned? Or do mods stay away from businesses between posters?

IMPORTANT! The owners of OtLand will not be held responsible for any scamming attempt. Buying/selling is at your own risk.
We don't take any sort of responsibility over what happens on the Marketplace

Talaturen give some examples in what TFS is superior.

This thread is not about that, I just brought up why I wouldn't waste my time uploading it for the community without the censored URLs and since you and your friends rather try to make fun of it instead of understanding why PyOT isn't superior to TFS I doubt your IQ is high enough to understand even if I explained it to you.

Thanks for replying. Now my question is, why is that URL in the pyot package censored?

1) they allow their users to sell copyrighted material (CipSoft's map), which I believe is going too far. We haven't had any issues with CipSoft, and we don't want to start problems with them.
2) after I talked to Stian about 1) he started posting leaked revisions from our private subversions on his website, so he made it into two reasons.

Stian was stealing code and introduced a lot of stupid things and bugs to TFS while he was working on it, even though Python is a great language I wouldn't expect much from PyOT. I'm running a server with over 1300 players being active and online at the same time, I know where the bottlenecks in OT are and they're definitely not solved by starting from scratch in Python. These issues are not solved by non-blocking SQL queries or by a lazy loaded map (lazy loaded map may save a lot of memory, but makes the engine significantly slower).

This thread isn't going to turn into a PyOT vs TFS thread though because I don't have time to argue with kids who are brainwashed by Stian, so I'm closing the thread. If you want to discuss it further with me, you can message me on QuakeNet (my nick is Talaturen) and I might respond if I find time to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back