• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

RealOTS

Status
Not open for further replies.

rxrob

Reaction score
I have received a lot of emails about people wanting the server. I have declined 99% of the people and have only thought about selling it once. I am going to just give the files to the community, selling the files for 1,000 usd is basically a joke. Since I don't need the money I am going to put a link within the next 48 hours with the files to everything. (It will be by Friday)

The files need alot of work, so those gifted in Linux, this is a gift for you. Hopefully you can reestablish a old community.

As an old tibian, I give my regards.
Rob

Trimera 2003
Hail FoulSouls

Last edited by a moderator:
O_O................Monster files can be in hand for me, like really handy :)

However my server will beat to any RealOTs server out there if I get to have a community of course.

Hopefully this time it isn't a joke, Nottingster might be peeing himself up right now.

Out of everyone having the files, only one person will be decided to host one, it's hard, It took TibiaNic around 6 months (?) to do get a stable distribution to work.

Can't wait to see monsters files!!

Last edited:
O_O................Monster files can be in hand for me, like really handy :)

However my server will beat to any RealOTs server out there if I get to have a community of course.

Hopefully this time it isn't a joke, Nottingster might be peeing himself up right now.

Out of everyone having the files, only one person will be decided to host one, it's hard, It took TibiaNic around 6 months (?) to do get a stable distribution to work.

Can't wait to see monsters files!!
Your server will never be 100% to the real thing, there is too many little things to do. I doubt you'll even be able to 100% replicate the monster AI.

Your server will never be 100% to the real thing, there is too many little things to do. I doubt you'll even be able to 100% replicate the monster AI.

It will be the best OpenTibia replica.

@Topic.

I don't get it, why wait 48 hours?

Last edited:
Daaayyymm! I can't belive this. Hope you're not saying this and then not doing it as you did last time :) Anyway, best decision ever made!

Daaayyymm! I can't belive this. Hope you're not saying this and then not doing it as you did last time :) Anyway, best decision ever made!

Tony32, I highly doubt he is really releasing anything, 2 months passed since he said he was going to, but I'm just doubtful, let's wait till tomorrow and hopefully it's true this time, not that I care that much anymore since my recreation looks like the real RealOTs all I'm interested in, is seen how a big company can develop a MMORPG and more interested since it's CipSoft !!

@rxrob:

Robert, hopefully it's true, also I would like to point out some points to everyone believing this is great for a long time server.

@Points:
  1. You can't increase regeneration rates (It's all server based).
  2. Spells are hard coded everywhere on the server.
  3. You can't edit the map unless you've knowledge to dissasemble it and recreate the old Bit maps editor.
  4. You can create NPCs and place them directly by editing the .npc home variable inside it, this way you can add a free money giving NPC or extra quests you'll like!
  5. You can give free premium to everyone (website based as I can remember).
  6. You can create new monsters, though only through Raids can be summoned or spell based, since game spawns are coded inside the binary compiled and not resetted map.
  7. Since the server was stolen from a live server, the map is filled with items everywhere, no Idea if the complete map reset works as every 6 months in this distribution.
  8. You need to put long hours of maintenance in the server once it's running.
  9. There is a small chance you will get a save failure sometimes.
  10. It took Konrad 6 months to get his TibiaNic version of RealOTs up :)
That's all the information I've so far.

Tony32, I highly doubt he is really releasing anything, 2 months passed since he said he was going to, but I'm just doubtful, let's wait till tomorrow and hopefully it's true this time, not that I care that much anymore since my recreation looks like the real RealOTs all I'm interested in, is seen how a big company can develop a MMORPG and more interested since it's CipSoft !!

@rxrob:

Robert, hopefully it's true, also I would like to point out some points to everyone believing this is great for a long time server.

@Points:
  1. You can't increase regeneration rates (It's all server based).
  2. Spells are hard coded everywhere on the server.
  3. You can't edit the map unless you've knowledge to dissasemble it and recreate the old Bit maps editor.
  4. You can create NPCs and place them directly by editing the .npc home variable inside it, this way you can add a free money giving NPC or extra quests you'll like!
  5. You can give free premium to everyone (website based as I can remember).
  6. You can create new monsters, though only through Raids can be summoned or spell based, since game spawns are coded inside the binary compiled and not resetted map.
  7. Since the server was stolen from a live server, the map is filled with items everywhere, no Idea if the complete map reset works as every 6 months in this distribution.
  8. You need to put long hours of maintenance in the server once it's running.
  9. There is a small chance you will get a save failure sometimes.
  10. It took Konrad 6 months to get his TibiaNic version of RealOTs up :)
That's all the information I've so far.

ye i don't think the server itself will be worth much, jus the files and being able to accurately recreate everything into an OT is the good part about this release

ye i don't think the server itself will be worth much, jus the files and being able to accurately recreate everything into an OT is the good part about this release

Exactly, and I hope people to do so, since hosting a RealOTs is just a failure, every RealOT fails because of the high about of limitations and complexity, it's better to go off recreating everything Like I did, that's just my advice !! It isn't hard task really.

Just download the OTBM CipSoft transformed map from 2007.
Start to recreate NPCs in OpenTibia format from the real NPCs.
Add a TODO thing after everything you do in the server, and after everything you miss on one of the NPCs so you can add later on in case it's a quest like Postmans.
Start to add everysingle game quest (The transformed CipSoft map actually contains all this for you to help you out, the blank items in the map are actually special-actions in the map, look for some of them and you will realize they are placed where Quests should be, special switches, or quest corpses).

etc... etc....

Reactions: e.e
Exactly, and I hope people to do so, since hosting a RealOTs is just a failure, every RealOT fails because of the high about of limitations and complexity, it's better to go off recreating everything Like I did, that's just my advice !! It isn't hard task really.

Just download the OTBM CipSoft transformed map from 2007.
Start to recreate NPCs in OpenTibia format from the real NPCs.
Add a TODO thing after everything you do in the server, and after everything you miss on one of the NPCs so you can add later on in case it's a quest like Postmans.
Start to add everysingle game quest (The transformed CipSoft map actually contains all this for you to help you out, the blank items in the map are actually special-actions in the map, look for some of them and you will realize they are placed where Quests should be, special switches, or quest corpses).

etc... etc....
Looking forward to your server :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back