• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Remere Map Editor palette problems

MikeOT

Solutions
Reaction score
Ok, so I've been doing a partial resprite for my server (tfs 1.2, 10.98)

I've recreated tons of new sprites and added them to my items.otb and xml file.

They work great in the server (by spawning the tiles)

The problem I'm running into is trying to figure out how get them into the map editor. I've found a tutorial on adding new palettes but it is either missing something, or I'm an idiot. I'm probably an idiot. Also, it assumes you know what certain values are for. I do not know what "Chance" is for nor what to set it to, and for the life of me I can't find any docs for those types of things.

Anyway, I can't seem to make it work.

How does one add new items (new ground tiles, items, walla, etc) to remere map editor?

I've spent somewhere in the neighborhood of 10 hours trying to make this work to no avail, it just either don't show up or bugs out giving me an orc warlord sprite on what's supposed to be a ground tile for no obvious reason that I can find.

What is the correct, efficient way to add new sprites to RME?

Specifically, how could one create a new section just for the new sprites?

Thanks

Back