• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Windows Remere's Map Editor - Housing Problem - All houses from towns set to 'No Town'.

Fablow

Intermediate OT User
Content Editor
Solutions
Reaction score
GitHub
Fablow77
Hello OTLand,

I've been trying to get one of my old projects back up and going. So I downloaded my old server from my cloud, and when I opened the map in Remere's Map Editor, most of the houses set to "No Town", and no door entry.
This project was hosted and everything worked 100%. When I look at my houses.xml file, all the houses are there properly, with the town id, house name and entry coordinates. I have tried the only solution I can find which was to save the map under a different name, and copy and paste the house.xml file into the map I saved to see if it works.

I have also tried Remere's Map Editor 3.2 & 3.3. When I was hosting this project I was using Remere's Map Editor 3.2. I just downloaded the Remere's Map Editor from my cloud, the exact one I was using before while working on the project.

Is there any solution to this problem? I do not want to re-due all the houses because it's literally over 1,000 houses.

My spawns, including my custom npcs and custom monsters are all fine.

Any solutions? Thanks in advance!

All my cities:
Some proper houses:
No housing in Thais:
No housing in one of my custom cities (was working perfect when server was up, same with Thais):
Almost every house in 'No Town':
Picture of my Houses.xml file, all houses have proper names, town id, & entry coordinates:

This happened to me in the past and ended remaking all houses. I'm pretty sure there is some bug (or weird behaviour) when it comes to houses, house exits and house towns.

Never mess with any of those too much.

Im not sure about this one but if the project is too old it could be that house exits were different in the past so instead of the SQM next to where the door is actually placed it used to be the door SQM... but anyway hope you can fix it somehow.

I don't think the project is that old, it's client version 10.99 and the map version is 10.98. I walked away from it a year ago because I was about to have my son in real.

Edit:
I know when upgrading maps the house entry coordinates get messed up. This isn't the case.

I have 27 towns (real map + spawn coordinates for events), ranging from town id 1-40. I added 11 islands/towns, making it 38 in total, town ids ranging from 1-53. This is a Real Map project based on the 10.98/99 client version, heavily modified.

It was hosted and all the housing was fine with all my new areas, now most houses are set to no town.

Back