• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Suggestion Rule for Advertisement/Download threads

Limos

Senator
Premium User
Solutions
Reaction score
The last couple of months I've been involved in a case where someone stole an entire custom server map from an other server by tracking it. The person who stole the map refuses to delete the map from his server.
Because of this alot of people got really demotivated, including ofc the person who got his map stolen.
A map is one of the most important things that makes a custom map server unique and with the map being used in other servers all value and rpg feeling of discovering new areas will be gone.

So my suggestion is a rule for advertisement/download threads (and maybe also for showoff threads).
If there is enough proof (like other advertisement threads or mapping threads) that the map belongs to someone else and the owners of the map say they don't allow this person to use/release the stolen map,
the thread should be closed or deleted (depense on the situation).
If the person decides to remove the stolen map it could be reopened.

I also think it should be the same for sprites or anything else that can be proved it's made by someone else.

Last edited:
Why does that matter, stealing is still stealing, no mather if with is by map tracking, taking sprites from a client/project thread or hacking. If the owner doesn't want it to be used in others servers, then it shouldn't be used.
I dont think Cipsoft approves OTs? So therefor we should close all ots? Right?

Look at my edit I made 10 seconds after I posted it.
Allrighty, I can see the problem you are talking about, but for me it sounds like if thepiratebay didnt allowed pirate copy of their own movie. You understand what I'm saying?

Actually I don't agree with that, since ots is something totaly different then real tibia, same as any other fanmade server from other games, they are not on the same level and can't be compared like 2 ots.
But lets keep it ontopic now, since this is not a discussion about cipsoft. It's about people who use and advertise or release stolen work from other servers, because such things have only demotivated people and I think stealing someones work like that is just wrong in any way.

Last edited:
I've logged in solely to sign this.
Anyone who has created content for the sake of gamedesign, whether it's scripts or maps, rather than money-milking/showoff stuff and that creation gets stolen, knows how it feels.

There is a difference between stealing Cipsoft's map and someone else's map/script in the OT community.
First and foremost, Cipsoft is a company who makes big profit (compared to us) from their game meanwhile we are on our own.
While the detriment isn't that big for Cipsoft, it's possibly an entire effort of one singular person you're taking away by stealing in this community.

Honestly, this community is gone to shit for reasons. This is one of them. If anything, this can only benefit the future of Open-Tibia.

/signed for sure. If anyone puts time and effort in something people should respect it!

Hehemidu

Such threads will be deleted if the copyright holder (usually the author unless rights have been passed over to someone else) can prove that it was stolen and posted/used without his/her permission. Note that it is not easy to provide such proof, but a mapping showoff thread that was posted (and not edited) before the event should be sufficient.

If you can't prove it to us, it doesn't stop you from taking legal action against the server/website where the content is uploaded if it is not removed. We're not a court, but if your proof is good enough we might be able to delete the content from OTLand.

Thanks everyone, the thread with the stolen map is deleted.

Have fun playing court OtLand, I'll be sitting with popcorn enjoying the discussions whether x or y person is the author or not :D.
There was never a discussion if Extrodus (the person who stole the map) was the author of the map, he said he tracked the map. The problem was he refused to delete the stolen map and kept advertising it on otland.
If there is enough proof, then there is no discussion.

Last edited:
I dont think Cipsoft approves OTs? So therefor we should close all ots? Right?
CipSoft can't say a shit.
Everything they started with came from other games. CipSoft are thieves as well..
I can still today, find some sprites in the latest tibia client, that belonged to Ultima Online....

New updates about the stolen map case.
Extrodus said he removed the stolen map from his server and he didn't. He also advertised the stolen map as one of the 3 new unique cities in his server.
The thread has been removed because there was enough proof. People, including a global mod went online to see it.
Now Peroxide undeleted the thread and said Extrodus was unaware about the fact that it was still "accessable", but he will remove it in the future.

Extrodus broke his promise again, as he said he removed the stolen maps. Now he is still using them.
http://otland.net/threads/usa-blazera-real-map-8-6-spring-refresh-4-4-14-daily-wars-events.212420/

New updates about the stolen map case.
Extrodus said he removed the stolen map from his server and he didn't. He also advertised the stolen map as one of the 3 new unique cities in his server.
The thread has been removed because there was enough proof. People, including a global mod went online to see it.
Now Peroxide undeleted the thread and said Extrodus was unaware about the fact that it was still "accessable", but he will remove it in the future.

Extrodus broke his promise again, as he said he removed the stolen maps. Now he is still using them.
http://otland.net/threads/usa-blazera-real-map-8-6-spring-refresh-4-4-14-daily-wars-events.212420/
There was never a promise made. The maps have been made unaccessable for now, will be removed at a later date. I don't see why this is a problem.

So this message is to let you know, I have removed all map sections in the Greenshore Update that were part of E7.
It's been removed, that's that.
Quotes from the conversation.
There was never said anything about making it unaccessable, especialy if you think about the fact that removing a map would only take a few minutes.
Instead of that he added the stolen maps as 1 of the unique cities he advertised.
His thread was deleted because he is using a stolen map, he is still using the stolen maps and the thread should be deleted again.

Quotes from the conversation.
There was never said anything about making it unaccessable, especialy if you think about the fact that removing a map would only take a few minutes.
Instead of that he added the stolen maps as 1 of the unique cities he advertised.
His thread was deleted because he is using a stolen map, he is still using the stolen maps and the thread should be deleted again.

That quote in the first one by @Extrodus does not state anything about the rest of the map.
However, you could interpret my response in any particular way you wish.

Removing a map the size of E7 could take a little while, you have protection zones/house tiles to worry about aswell as caves and other things.
As far as the map goes, yeah it's not removed entirely (the main continent that was E7 is no longer reachable) and the areas that were in Greenshore etc have been removed (boom, shows @Extrodus is doing something about removing it).

So in time the entire map should be removed but as of now it's not, it's just unaccessable which is fine imo, no one can reach it and thus no one else can track it.
Obviously Extrodus isn't going to release the map, he could so easily have done so by now and who would that F*#$ over? @Ashtar especially.

@Limos, at least be glad he's keeping it private and taking the time to remove it bit by bit.
If nothing gets done then I have my plans on what to do next to counter @Extrodus, unfortunately this would also F*#$ over @Ashtar thus it's not something I would do easily, however if you continue to behave like this then it's a pretty big likelihood. You're the only one here who hasn't exactly dropped this. @Extrodus is taking the time to remove it, slowly yes but we're busy people.

So @Limos, take a trip down to the pub get yourself a beer or something, relax. It will be removed and for now it's just unaccessable.
take a chill pill.

/this is my last comment on the discussion.
//Peroxide

I will repeat myself again, no mather what kind of exuses you come up with, he is still using the stolen map, the reason why his thread got deleted in the first place.
If he is going to "take his time" to remove it, then the thread should stay deleted till then. The thread wasn't deleted so he could create a new one and still using the stolen map and remove it in the future.
Removing pz zones really doesn't take that long, they are added in the dp and temple, so that will take about 3-5 minutes? Same goes for houses, about 10-15 minutes.

The reason for not releasing the map is because he will be banned if he does, I already said that.
And what are you talking about dropping it? I'm helping people here who are a victim of map tracking and are unable to use their map as intended because of this.

house tiles create protection zones if I recall correctly, even if you remove the house tiles.
If you're here to help victims of map tracking then help the hundreds who have lost their maps due to it.

And I am actually beginning to get tempted to release my parts of the map. Can't be banned because of that because they're rightfully mine.
But I wont do that. Either way as you can't seem to get your head around it there's no need for the thread to be deleted again since the content is not advertised and is not reachable, thus it's invisible to players, they don't even know it's there.

So like the old school room blackboard punishment I repeat 7x for you.
IT WILL BE REMOVED AT A LATER DATE...

Yes, it is my intention to help victims of map tracking, that's why I made this thread with a suggestion for rules for it.
If you would release the parts you sold, that would make you a scammer, as I already said.

He had 4 months to remove the stolen map, I think that is enough for removing a map part that will take about 20 minutes.
And again, the thread was deleted because he used a stolen map in his server, not to create a new one and remove it in the future.

Limos, calm down. Read what Pero wrote, @Extrodus has obviously clearly said he is removing it.
I think you really need to calm down on this issue, since he is removing it.

It's been 3 months since you've first used the Zoltyum map for Blazera. You've had 3 months to remove it. I don't think anyone is that busy to be unable to remove some maps in such a long period of time.
Not to mention that if you are not willing to put effort into your server, you shouldn't own a server. Definitely if it's just a plain 8.6 real map server.
Also, the thread has been deleted before because you stole from Ashtar. There were still parts of the map on your server when you relaunched the server and thread. I don't think that's coincidence.

So you stole the map and after a lot of effort we got you to 'remove' it. A month later you use all my stuff again and your thread gets deleted YET you think it's okay to relaunch both your server and thread knowing there are still map parts in there from the Zoltyum map.
Inaccessible or not, you've had plenty of time to remove the map yet you keep using it. If you honestly gave a singular shit about your server, you would have made sure that everthing was okay to relaunch.

I call complete bullshit on the "we're busy" argument. I call complete bullshit on the "calm down" argument, because Extrodus has been wasting all of our time for long enough now.
(I have talked to Alex on skype, I'm glad that the area is inaccessible but it's still there.)

Back