• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Solved Server did work but can't login anymore now! ._.

L

LordVissie

Hey guys, 2 days ago I was on my server with another guy out of brazil. (Wich I didn't know but just came on my server due I set the server on Otservlist for a hour for testing.) Before that I used the no-ip.org site to mask my IP. Then next day I wanted to turn up the server and it gives no errors or something but nobody can't login in my server (I can't login either). I've no idea what happend. The only thing I can find in my server startup log is this.

[15/08/2015 11:28:43] >> Checking software version... failed checking - malformed file.

Is this normal?

I'm using TheForgottenServerV8.2 on 8.60. I downloaded the files again and started all over but it still doesn't go on. I can login when I use 127.0.0.1 but when I set in my IP adress into the config file at connection I can't login.

I was so glad that everything worked and suddenly it broke.

I'm desperate, Does anyone know whats the problem? I'll give rep++.

Already thanks.

Helllo, did you check if your IP is the same as last time?

Code:
[15/08/2015 11:28:43] >> Checking software version... failed checking - malformed file.
Is a thing they disabled some years ago. ;p

Helllo, did you check if your IP is the same as last time?

Code:
Is a thing they disabled some years ago. ;p
I used my IP from IPchicken and I used my IPv4 adress both don't work. :(

Btw I saw that a thing was wrong with my TibiaLoader it was something with my antivirus but I can connect to other servers so I think that shouldn't be it I suppose.

Thx for your fast comment tho! :)

Use your IPv4 address (in your IP Changer) to login and make sure your IPv4 address didn't change if you restarted your computer.
If it changed you have to setup a static ip.
https://otland.net/threads/port-forwarding-and-connection.230381/
Omg, It worked but I'm sure that my last IPv4 address ended with .8 and now it's ended with .9 I tought it was still .8. I'll try to restart my PC and check it's diffrent. Brb.

I'll give you guys both Rep+ :)

Thank you very much.

--------------------- After Restart from pc ------------------

My Ipv4 adress is still the same but last time it did change for sure cuz the old ipv4 adress was still in my TibiaLoader. And can I use this IP so other people like that guy from brazil can join me on my server? Can I mask this with www.no-ip.com?

Okay atm, I logged in with my new server folder and I got the old map in it wich I had in my old server I didn't changed anything but I'm okay with it. They have the same name tho.

Last edited by a moderator:
If your IPv4 address changes you have to set up a static ip as explained in the link I posted.
This ip is your local ip (from your computer) and is used to open the ports and you can use it to connect from the computer that host the server.
The domain for your global ip can also be used if your global ip changed but mainly people just prefer having a domain than using an actual ip address for people to connect with.

Limos, can I send you a PM (Btw Ik zie dat je ook NL bent :) ) Okay how do I send you a pm. lol I'm quite new here. I want to send you a screenshot but don't know if it contains things other people may not know :p

This is not possible atm (I turned off this option because I got to much support related pms, 10-50 daily, and had no time to answer them all).
But you can just reply here on the thread, this way other people can help aswell and people who have the same problem might find the thread while searching for a solution later.

This is not possible atm (I turned off this option because I got to much support related pms, 10-50 daily, and had no time to answer them all).
But you can just reply here on the thread, this way other people can help aswell and people who have the same problem might find the thread while searching for a solution later.
Oh, I don't really need to PM you I tought the guy in the video was doing setting on the router but he only was getting info :)

Okay I now have a static Ipv4 address good. So I can give this to others or set it on Otservlist and mask it with www.no-ip.com?

Your IPv4 address (local ip) is only for you, to open the ports in your router and to login to your server, in config.lua you have to add your global ip/domain, and other people (from different networks) have to use that in their IP Changer to connect to your server.

Your IPv4 address (local ip) is only for you, to open the ports in your router and to login to your server, in config.lua you have to add your global ip/domain, and other people (from different networks) have to use that in their IP Changer to connect to your server.

So, I need/can use my Ipv4 address but I need to set my Global ip (from ipchicken) in my config file and then I can mask that with no-ip thing then I add that on otservlist and then everything is fine (on the putting online and connection part not mapping :p ) (Its my first OT here ;))

Ur my saviour :rolleyes:

Yes, you can also just add your domain in config.lua instead of your global ip incase it changes.
Okay, Thanks :)

Okay, am I also to login on my server with my Global IP adress? cuz when I put that in my TibiaLoader and Config I can't login. but when I use my IPv4 address I can login well I think that's fine :p. So I now mask my Global Ip address I'll tell you if it worked or not okay? :p

Update :)

Okay got the masking done now I'll give that name/ip mask to a friend of me :)

He can't login in my server. My connection config looks like this https://imgur.com/lUCUNir (under black is my ip from Ipchicken I can login on my Ipv4 address but he cant login on my masked address called "demacia.no-ip.org". I don't understand

No, you should connect with your IPv4 address, only other people from other computers/networks) should connect with your global ip.
If people can't connect you can check if the ports are openen and ask what happens when they try to connect (what kind or error message from the client).
You can use the same tutorial as I linked above for this, which also explains some other things that might be wrong.

No, you should connect with your IPv4 address, only other people from other computers/networks) should connect with your global ip.
If people can't connect you can check if the ports are openen and ask what happens when they try to connect (what kind or error message from the client).
You can use the same tutorial as I linked above for this, which also explains some other things that might be wrong.
My ports are open port 80, 7172, 7171. And I'll ask what error did they get. He said I didn't get a error it just loaded very long. but I'm (almost sure) if he letted it load then it should be a connection error. Can I also try to give them my global IP instead of the masked one or does that not matter? It so strange cause it worked before people could login.

Okay so Cuz my Ipv4 address changed I needed to portforward on the new ipv4 Sry my mistake Really thanks for you help ! :D

Btw do you also have a good tutorial for scripting cuz my NPC Soya doesn't sell anything. and my command !buyhouse doesn't work. Sry for asking so much :d

Soya Error:

[15/08/2015 16:05:56] [Error - Npc interface]
[15/08/2015 16:05:56] (Unknown script file)
[15/08/2015 16:05:56] Description:
[15/08/2015 16:05:56] data/npc/lib/npcsystem/modules.lua:1229: bad argument #2 to 'error' (number expected, got string)
[15/08/2015 16:05:56] stack traceback:
[15/08/2015 16:05:56] [C]: in function 'error'
[15/08/2015 16:05:56] data/npc/lib/npcsystem/modules.lua:1229: in function 'callbackOnSell'
[15/08/2015 16:05:56] data/npc/lib/npcsystem/npchandler.lua:265: in function 'processModuleCallback'
[15/08/2015 16:05:56] data/npc/lib/npcsystem/npchandler.lua:450: in function 'onSell'
[15/08/2015 16:05:56] data/npc/lib/npcsystem/modules.lua:1296: in function <data/npc/lib/npcsystem/modules.lua:1295>

You can use this modules (data/npc/lib/npcsystem/modules.lua).
http://www.4shared.com/file/OsOJDWo1ba/modules.html
Dayum Thank you very much it works! :)

If I have another bug/question you hear it from me :D

So it's already 20 min ago I had my last question so time for another one :p Do you know how I can change the Name of my god character, I had a standard character called GOD Otswa that was automaticly in the server but I don't have a folder with Players so how can I change it?

Thx :)

If you want to use SQLite (it is using this by default), you can use SQLite Manager.
When you added it to Firefox you can find it at Extra.
-robKpbri.png

Then click Database, Connect Database and browse to your server folder to open the .s3db file (all files/alle bestanden search option).
To the left you find a list of tables, in the table players you can edit the name.

If you want to use MySQL, you can follow this tutorial.
https://otland.net/threads/video-tu...ing-ot-server-website-and-shop-system.166818/

So it's already 20 min ago I had my last question so time for another one :p Do you know how I can change the Name of my god character, I had a standard character called GOD Otswa that was automaticly in the server but I don't have a folder with Players so how can I change it?

Thx :)

Your server is probably SQL, so you might try to take a look at your database under the characters table.
You can connect to your database via PHPMyAdmin using http://localhost/phpmyadmin/ if you are hosting on your own machine.

-Edit; Limos was quicker, and probably more accurate too :p

I'm downloading firefox just for the exstantion lawl :p

Omg, It worked I tried the same with a progam from SQL but that was way too difficult man this is quite easy :p Apperently 3 people logged in when I posted my server on Otservlist I only saw 1 lol.

Thank you!

Back