• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Solved Server did work but can't login anymore now! ._.

L

LordVissie

Hey guys, 2 days ago I was on my server with another guy out of brazil. (Wich I didn't know but just came on my server due I set the server on Otservlist for a hour for testing.) Before that I used the no-ip.org site to mask my IP. Then next day I wanted to turn up the server and it gives no errors or something but nobody can't login in my server (I can't login either). I've no idea what happend. The only thing I can find in my server startup log is this.

[15/08/2015 11:28:43] >> Checking software version... failed checking - malformed file.

Is this normal?

I'm using TheForgottenServerV8.2 on 8.60. I downloaded the files again and started all over but it still doesn't go on. I can login when I use 127.0.0.1 but when I set in my IP adress into the config file at connection I can't login.

I was so glad that everything worked and suddenly it broke.

I'm desperate, Does anyone know whats the problem? I'll give rep++.

Already thanks.

Hey guys, I've an other question suprising isn't it ? :p

But this question is more about scripting. Currently I've 1 custom spell in my server (Apocalypse) I changed the name to "Flame Breath" and I changed the dmg a bit higher. But I wanted to have another Custom spell. I found a Custom Spell Maker (I think on otland.net) but when I try to import it into my server but then I'm kinda stuck :p

This is supposed to be my custom spell script :) :

Code:
-- SpellCreator generated.

-- =============== COMBAT VARS ===============
-- Areas/Combat for 0ms
local combat0_Brush = createCombatObject()
setCombatParam(combat0_Brush, COMBAT_PARAM_EFFECT, CONST_ME_TELEPORT)
setCombatParam(combat0_Brush, COMBAT_PARAM_TYPE, COMBAT_ENERGYDAMAGE)
setCombatArea(combat0_Brush,createCombatArea({{0, 0, 1, 0, 0},
{0, 1, 0, 1, 0},
{1, 0, 2, 0, 1},
{0, 1, 0, 1, 0},
{0, 0, 1, 0, 0}}))
function getDmg_Brush(cid, level, maglevel)
    return (50)*-1,(100)*-1
end
setCombatCallback(combat0_Brush, CALLBACK_PARAM_LEVELMAGICVALUE, "getDmg_Brush")

local con___combat0_Brush = createConditionObject(0+CONDITION_FIRE)
setCombatCondition(combat0_Brush, con___combat0_Brush)
local dfcombat0_Brush = {CONST_ANI_ENERGYBALL,1,1,-1,1,-1,-1,1,-1,2,0,-2,0,0,2,0,-2}

-- Areas/Combat for 400ms
local combat4_Brush_2 = createCombatObject()
setCombatParam(combat4_Brush_2, COMBAT_PARAM_EFFECT, CONST_ME_ENERGYAREA)
setCombatParam(combat4_Brush_2, COMBAT_PARAM_TYPE, COMBAT_PHYSICALDAMAGE)
setCombatArea(combat4_Brush_2,createCombatArea({{0, 1, 0},
{1, 2, 1},
{0, 1, 0}}))
function getDmg_Brush_2(cid, level, maglevel)
    return (100)*-1,(150)*-1
end
setCombatCallback(combat4_Brush_2, CALLBACK_PARAM_LEVELMAGICVALUE, "getDmg_Brush_2")local combat4_Brush_3 = createCombatObject()
setCombatParam(combat4_Brush_3, COMBAT_PARAM_EFFECT, CONST_ME_ENERGYHIT)
setCombatParam(combat4_Brush_3, COMBAT_PARAM_TYPE, COMBAT_PHYSICALDAMAGE)
setCombatArea(combat4_Brush_3,createCombatArea({{1, 0, 0, 0, 1},
{0, 0, 0, 0, 0},
{0, 0, 2, 0, 0},
{0, 0, 0, 0, 0},
{1, 0, 0, 0, 1}}))
function getDmg_Brush_3(cid, level, maglevel)
    return (100)*-1,(150)*-1
end
setCombatCallback(combat4_Brush_3, CALLBACK_PARAM_LEVELMAGICVALUE, "getDmg_Brush_3")

-- =============== CORE FUNCTIONS ===============
local function RunPart(c,cid,var,dirList,dirEmitPos) -- Part
    if (isCreature(cid)) then
        doCombat(cid, c, var)
        if (dirList ~= nil) then -- Emit distance effects
            local i = 2;
            while (i < #dirList) do
                doSendDistanceShoot(dirEmitPos,{x=dirEmitPos.x-dirList[i],y=dirEmitPos.y-dirList[i+1],z=dirEmitPos.z},dirList[1])
                i = i + 2
            end     
        end
    end
end

function onCastSpell(cid, var)
    local startPos = getCreaturePosition(cid)
    RunPart(combat0_Brush,cid,var,dfcombat0_Brush,startPos)
    addEvent(RunPart,400,combat4_Brush_2,cid,var)
    addEvent(RunPart,400,combat4_Brush_3,cid,var)
    return true
end

And it should look like this https://imgur.com/zskn5rg Made it a bit shorter for faster uploading.

But how do I make this an actual spell?

So I need to Add this script into spells.xml or do I need to create a .lua file and put this script in it and change this

<instant name="Hells Core" words="exevo gran mas flam" lvl="60" mana="1200" prem="1" exhaustion="2000" selftarget="1" needlearn="0" event="script" value="attack/hells core.lua">
<vocation id="1"/>
<vocation id="5"/>
</instant>

To for example:

<instant name="Destruction" words="Massive Destruction (For Example)" lvl="250" mana="500" prem="1" exhaustion="1000" selftarget="1" needlearn="0" event="script" value="attack/destruction.lua">
<vocation id="1"/>
<vocation id="5"/>
</instant>

and put this under Exevo gran mas flam?

Hey guys, I got another question. I would like to have 3 commands in my server: !aol, !bless and !spells. I found a site with the scripts for but when I add the script and the talkaction somewhere in talkactions.xml it doesn't work.

Script:
Code:
juanspada escribió:function onSay(cid, words, param)
if doPlayerRemoveMoney(cid, 10000) == TRUE then
doPlayerAddItem(cid, 2173, 1)
doSendMagicEffect(getPlayerPosition(cid), CONST_ME_BATS)
else
end
return TRUE
end

And I putted this in my Talkactions.xml : <talkaction words="!aol" script="aol.lua"/>

The .lua file name is aol. I don't know why it doesn't work but maybe the problem is the first line there is a name does that need to be there?

yeah remove that juanspada escribo: before function.. its most likely causing the error.
If removing that part still causes errors post the error your receiving.

yeah remove that juanspada escribo: before function.. its most likely causing the error.
If removing that part still causes errors post the error your receiving.
Works, thanks :)

So I already have a new question :)

Does someone know how to add Text effects wich pop up after 2 sec then fade out and then pop up again. I want that on my TP's :)

Don't really know how to explain hope you understand :p

Thanks already.

Last edited by a moderator:
Code:
function onThink(interval, lastExecution)
pos = {x = x, y = x, z = x}
doSendAnimatedText(pos, 'x', math.random(256))
return true
end

So this is the script I need but where do I need to place it and how do I add the Text to it? and does it needs to be a .lua file?

Tarek1337, I don't have a Effects file in Globalevents. I see that I've a file called "animatedtext.lua" in Talkactions/scripts

Hey guys, I found out another bug on my server. If you have a skull or PZ you still can just logout. :confused:
I searched trough my files but can't really find it.

Who knows a solution? o_O

On that account, You have a gamemaster character?
No, wait on that account yes but It wasn't the GOD character just a normal character sorcerer or druid ect. Oh I logged in with my other account and I couldn't logout :p

Thanks for helping ! :)

No, wait on that account yes but It wasn't the GOD character just a normal character sorcerer or druid ect. Oh I logged in with my other account and I couldn't logout :p

Thanks for helping ! :)
Keep the group_id in the table accounts to 1, only change the one in players, else you get that players on that account can logout after battle.

Keep the group_id in the table accounts to 1, only change the one in players, else you get that players on that account can logout after battle.
Oki, thanks! :p

Do you maybe also know my question about animated text? ;)

Sry if I ask too much questions :p

That's ok, if you don't know something you can always ask :p
You can just add such a script in globalevent.xml and make the interval a few seconds.
If you look for "teleport text" or "talking signs" or something similar to see how it can be done with a table.
https://otland.net/search/902507/?q=teleport+text&o=relevance&c[node]=82
https://otland.net/threads/text-and-effects-over-teleports.165366/
I tried it but it gives me an Error:

[16/08/2015 18:11:22] [Error - LuaScriptInterface::loadFile] data/globalevents/scripts/effectile.lua:1: unexpected symbol near '['
[16/08/2015 18:11:22] [Warning - Event::loadScript] Cannot load script (data/globalevents/scripts/effectile.lua)
[16/08/2015 18:11:22] data/globalevents/scripts/effectile.lua:1: unexpected symbol near '['

I removed already removed some "[" and "]" from the script but (Not all tho) but it keeps giving me this error.

My script currently looks like this :

Code:
[code=lua]local config = {
positions = {
[ Monsters! ] = { x = 996, y = 1002, z = 7 },
[ text here ] = { x = xxx, y = yyy, z = z },
},

effects = {
CONST_ME_MAGIC_BLUE,
CONST_ME_MAGIC_GREEN,
CONST_ME_MORTAREA
},

colors = {
TEXTCOLOR_WHITE,
TEXTCOLOR_ORANGE,
TEXTCOLOR_GREEN,
TEXTCOLOR_BLUE
}
}

function onThink(cid, interval, lastExecution)
for text, pos in pairs(config.positions) do
doSendMagicEffect(pos, config.effects[math.random(1, #config.effects)])
doSendAnimatedText(pos, text, config.colors[math.random(1, #config.colors)])
end
return TRUE
end
[/CODE]

code tags already existed btw, but the lua tags don't exist anymore, same goes for xml, sql and cpp, so if you see anything with that around a script, just remove it or don't copy it since it's not a part of it.

Back