• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[Switzerland] [8.7] Ascalon | custom MID-EXP RPG with unique gameplay

I'm not pointing out that you are bad. I am pointing out that Bica is bad and a sad kid.. So anyway...

I just started developing a server since every server got so many downsides... I made a large todolist.. And the time I need to finish all of it would probably be atleast 6 months.. But what did I do in my To do list?

I set it up like

Important:

Not so important:

If I have time:

and inside I put what takes most time at the bottom and what takes lesser on top.. so example

Not so important:
Fix manaregen - Takes 2 minutes
Too many cyclops up the stairs at x:100 y:100 z:5 -- Takes 4 minutes to fix on map editor.

Yeah indeed having enough money for next payment for dedicated is very important.. But I seriously doubt anyone would buy 10cc lol.... You should sell event tokens instead.. way more worth it.

My todo list isn't a huge mess and impossible to read..

If I am stuck... (don't know which one I should work on)
I just pick whatever takes less time.

Indeed fixing mana regen might not be as important as adding donation so you can pay your next bill so server can stay alive.. But I mean seriously instead of trying to make a long patch note on stuff that takes like 1 year work each.. now thats retarded.. cause it will take you loooong time to update the server..
And also.. Everything in a todo list helps the server in some way. Its better to add a little thing instead of adding nothing for so long time.

Edit:
And honestly.. trying to do everything by yourself is also stupid.... My server isn't even online so I don't even care how long it takes to finish it... I might not even put it online, just a hobby lol..
Try to find someone that can help you even in most simple stuff.. Or ask someone to fix your todo list? XD So you don't have to read a Todo list that looks like a madhouse XD
One simply cannot make a server alone.. Get someone to help you.

Last edited:
Fare don't waste your time with this prick.
He will keep complaining no matter what you do. He does not realize that base mana regen does not change anything if you are above level 10.
If he would like your server even a little he wouldn't be so offensive and would give some normal feedback without raging like a kid.
So just ignore him as he just wants to flame you, you did a great job so far.

could atleast update the minimap giving false info

At least? AT LEAST? GOD DAMN. Honestly, the only false info which I am informed, is that it says Goblins in place where are Scoundrels, and actually there was a note about this on minimap. And well, sources of flash for minimap were lost, so there is no way to fix that, aswell as building a new minimap is very time-hungry. I am going to add that note back, to stop misinforming people.

Fare don't waste your time with this prick.
He will keep complaining no matter what you do. He does not realize that base mana regen does not change anything if you are above level 10.
If he would like your server even a little he wouldn't be so offensive and would give some normal feedback without raging like a kid.
So just ignore him as he just wants to flame you, you did a great job so far.
I'm raging? XD Probably seems like it because of the way I write. I am just giving suggetstions.. And hey you can't say I am wrong on it.. if he has a todo list with 600 lines and he reads it from the end.. he wil never be able to do thoose on the top.. In what way is that smart? new suggestions pops up daily by people. And also feedback, good or bad doesn't matter. I am guessing he has the same thing written atleast 3 times.

I am a prick cause I am the only person that actually dares to say something to the devs to improve their server? Sure lol whatever mister pro.
If you fucking play the server you will see how much basic mana regen helps.. I bet you don't even play the damn server.... You realize that most spells takes 50x the mana you get from regen? People are paying 10k + for grade 1 and 2 items with mana regen on cause the mana regen is beyond broken on the server...
I do like the server... But when the stuff I like is 40% of the server and the other 60% is completely retarded shit.. it takes the fun out of it. Atleast think about what you say before you say anything.. you even say it takes 2 days to get lvl 200 while it took people over 1 week.. just proves me how much you have played the server... Stop being so nazi seriously.. You aren't even worth my time.

When people in lvl 100+ have to use grade 1-2 items at that lvl because thoose has manaregen and its impossible to roll mana regen on grade 3-4.. It just proves how bad the mana regen really is... I am currently using a grade 3 item with 60 mana regen on one of my chars... and guess what? some guy offered me 265k for it....

Last edited:
You wish to see the TO-DO file.
Over 600 lines of work.

GG go sleep.
sure send me it and I can do you a favor and fix it so you can work faster and better I guess :)

I go play smite :D cya later XD

just to point out i played alot servers of tibia ... (OT's ) and this is one of the best and ive played ALL the kinds Pokemons DBZ and all shit bleach whatever , RL Tibia , all kind of Customs .... dont know what ur fighting for Xedite like Fare said but this is an amazing server even with the botting ppl that as fare said almost impossiable to get rid of all botters , this is awosome server one of the best....so just shut up n play or just leave becus ur spamming for noting and its annoying

You were suggesting Fare to increase the base mana regen or make it differ for each vocation, but now you swapped to mana regen items -.-?
Ofc they are good, on most non-weapon items the passive / upgrade is much more important than the grade, that's why lower grade items get used.
Let's state this in a very simple way: basic regen != mana regen items (because those are not basic)

I am 250 and I do not think that basic regen has any use because you are spamming pots all the time as Fare told, neither do my mates 270+ think that.
So stop claiming that I don't know what I am talking of as you are the one who seems like he never actually played.

Last edited:
This guy obviously has no idea what he's talking about... Coming from an 'actual' fellow developer, great job Fare, this is one of the best servers that's been around for a good minute. :)

I cannot resist to answer this retardedness.
You were suggesting Fare to increase the base mana regen or make it differ for each vocation, but now you swapped to mana regen items -.-?
Ofc they are good, on most non-weapon items the passive / upgrade is much more important than the grade, that's why lower grade items get used.
Let's state this in a very simple way: basic regen != mana regen items (because those are not basic)

I am 250 and I do not think that basic regen has any use because you are spamming pots all the time as Fare told, neither do my mates 270+ think that.
So stop claiming that I don't know what I am talking of as you are the one who seems like he never actually played.
I dont know what I should say.. dude I said that people had to use mana regen items instead of damage and armor items because the mana regen is so sad...
What world do you live in? I am archer and I have to spam hp pots.. I can't spam mana pots so my mana runs out very fast... Dude I don't want to write anything anymore cause you obviously are too concentrated on self instinct thinking you are always right.. I mean seriously you can't even read.. Not worth writeing anything
Since when did I fucking change subject? I was still talking about how bad the base manaregen was and I still am.. Why you gotta be a nazi? can't you atleast read before talking? seriously the amount of shit coming out of your mouth is beyond imagination.. Didn't really expect someone like you to be that retarded.

At least? AT LEAST? GOD DAMN. Honestly, the only false info which I am informed, is that it says Goblins in place where are Scoundrels, and actually there was a note about this on minimap. And well, sources of flash for minimap were lost, so there is no way to fix that, aswell as building a new minimap is very time-hungry. I am going to add that note back, to stop misinforming people.

why you taking offense? im just saying due to the fact that there are a couple things wrong which affect us (the players) and they havent been addressed

I dont know what I should say.. dude I said that people had to use mana regen items instead of damage and armor items because the mana regen is so sad...
What world do you live in? I am archer and I have to spam hp pots.. I can't spam mana pots so my mana runs out very fast... Dude I don't want to write anything anymore cause you obviously are too concentrated on self instinct thinking you are always right.. I mean seriously you can't even read.. Not worth writeing anything

Since when did I fucking change subject? I was still talking about how bad the base manaregen was and I still am.. Why you gotta be a nazi? can't you atleast read before talking? seriously the amount of shit coming out of your mouth is beyond imagination.. Didn't really expect someone like you to be that retarded.

Sorry, to bother you. You are right in every point you stated. Too bad 99% have another opinion.
Bye

Last edited:
@up - For everone
I really do not know if Xedite knows "how to build a server from scratch? I mean starting a server from 0%"
bcus he talks alot, but i dont see any work.

@up - For everone
I really do not know if Xedite knows "how to build a server from scratch? I mean starting a server from 0%"
bcus he talks alot, but i dont see any work.

I actually started from 0% not long ago... And I am pretty sure I am better than you. 25% of the server done already.. Unlike you I atleast do something on the server I work on :)

Knowing you, you will probably start asking useless questions so imma just write as much as possible to avoid them

http://otland.net/f18/8-60-forgotten-server-0-3-6-crying-damson-v8-147913/
I'm using that distro and I have recompiled like 3 times already.. and if you actually download it you can see that there is basicly nothing coming with the server..
I will probably have to recompile it again soon.. To get trainers working the way I want it to.

Get some levels before you start complaining about stuff. Nobody wants to read the stuff you spam here. Gtfo please.

Patch 1.04

You may notice there were no 'huge' features released this patch. I can admit that I spent most of my time for pre-making of 2 major features which most likely will be fully released next week. First one, is long awaited 'Dungeons'. Dungeon is a place which being randomly generated depends on the team who enter the location. Monsters there are pretty much dependant on their levels, higher level monsters unlocking new spells and abilities, aswell as there will be randomly spawned bosses with custom behaviors which are going to drop unique items(such as new items which can be combined into sets). There will be more details about how they are working anytime soon. Right now, this feature is actually in-game, however as its not yet fully done, its being disabled...but we will surely run a few test-runs with a teams of level 300+(yes, dungeons are only for late-game levels).​

Patch notes:

• All damage dealt in PvP lowered to 75%.
  • Archers manashield was changed to block 30% of damage instead of 20%.
  • Diving healing formula was lowered, however now its being maxed on level 300(was 250).
  • Ultimate healing formula was lowered.
  • Health gain from spirit runes was lowered by 50 health.
  • Some optimization to guardian angel passive, most likely fixed rare bug when player wasn't revived after death. Guardian Angel passive now has 60 minutes cooldown, however cooldown not being reset on logout(means you can wait 30 minutes of cooldown, logout, login back and wait another 30 minutes). Also guardian angel now refills mana on revive and resets your mute state.
  • Fixed crash on magic walls duration displaying, so that feature is being added back.
  • Properly remade house payments and premium time updating(it wasn't working like it should when server stayed online for more than 24 hours). Since now, all those operations being made at 10:00 global save.
  • Fixed magic level bonus from outfits.
  • Fixed jester's staff disappearing, if someone lost his staff and haven't received new one, drop a private message to Fare or write a forum post.
  • Fixed Priest's enchanting spells range.
  • New talkactions: !news - to check latest news, !gc - broadcast to your guild members, !go - change outfit colors for your guild.
  • House commands were changed to their text equals(!housebuy, !housesell, !housekick, !housedoor, !houseguests, !housesubowners, !leavehouse)
  • Fixed an issue when house owner wasn't updated properly if player wasn't online for long time(Reminder! You're losing a house if you are being offline for more than 7 days.)
  • Players are not losing items anymore if they die by white or red skulled monsters.
  • Some changes in monsters AI.
  • Stacked peoples are now limited to 5 players per tile.
  • Now its possible to search for NPC's and boss monsters("Werewolf", "Widow Queen", "Lizard High Guard", "Hellhound") using exiva. Also boss spawning time was lowered to 15-30 minutes from 40-60.
  • Fixed bug when universal mana rune wasn't properly adding mana when used not by hotkey.
  • Fixed the bug which caused healing and true damage being lowered by targets resistance.
  • Fixed magic level bonus from outfits.
  • Fixed some items prices being set wrong.
  • Increased experience for 235+ level monsters.
  • Lowered cap for mana runes.
  • Guardian angel recipe from Prisoner quest is now G7(you can use crafting hammer on item, to get back the recipe, to use on another item). I am sorry for crafting ingredients all wasted.
  • Fixed description on sniper gloves, vambraces(they are vocation based), also fixed a bug when it were not possible to equip gloves while you have bow/crossbow equipped.
  • Fixed wizard's 260 and 310 lvls AOE spells.
  • Capture the Flag event is now being automatically rotated, and is being split to two level groups(80-200 and 200+).

Some sneak-peek about what we are waiting for:
dungeons.gif

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom