• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Take advantage of OX Project Cancellation And Make A New Server

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Mark literally the reason the owners quit the ox server was the dumbest reason i have ever seen in my life, they quit the server because they didn't like the amount of players they got on the beta when they didn't advertise because the owners think there beasts and are headstrong. They literally had 400 ppl on the NA server and 200 on eu and still shut it down.

off of your topics now.

1. I don't know what you are even talking about here about your community not liking what you do, 75%(the haters) of your community atm are all botters that didn't even play the server so they don't count. The other 25%(THE ONES WHO MATTER) are people who have played manual or semi-manual(using a bot healer or smth) and I personally feel a lot of them appreciated what you did when you were working on the server. But I feel over the year or so since you did a major update to your server it had led them to not appreciate what you do to your server because they see all these cool updates to tibia and a server owner who used to be the best of the best at updating his server within a day or two of the update on rl tibia and it probably upsets them to see you just sit here and do nothing because you have a balanced server of 800 botters...

2. the link didn't work for me so I couldn't see what you were showing. But also even if they couldn't give 1/5 of there time to do it that doesn't really even matter because even if they gave 1/10 of the time to do it, it still would eventually get done. And as seeing your already 1-2 years behind rl tibia I see nothing wrong in just slowly working your way through the updates to get semi close to rl tibia(literally just add roshamuul, and oramond and your server will be 100000x better already)

3. I personally don't care if you are in it for the money or not, but just sitting here doing nothing for years as your community slowly dies is just unbearable to watch. Over the years of me playing shadowcores and lunarforce you have been a pretty decent owner since you update to what your players want, like the ssa exhaust and ring exhaust, or the spells do less damage when pvp, hell you even basically killed off your server decreasing players levels and skills because they wanted you to. So I ask you now, why won't you just add roshamuul and oramond to your server because your people want it? It just doesn't make since to me.

Now after this long ass fucking speech i just wrote, IF YOU ALREADY KNOW WHAT WILL MAKE YOUR SERVER BETTER, THEN DO IT MARK!

Last edited:
Literally laughing out loud @Mark's post

double post.

@Mark literally the reason the owners quit the ox server was the dumbest reason i have ever seen in my life, they quit the server because they didn't like the amount of players they got on the beta when they didn't advertise because the owners think there beasts and are headstrong. They literally had 400 ppl on the NA server and 200 on eu and still shut it down.

off of your topics now.

1. I don't know what you are even talking about here about your community not liking what you do, 75%(the haters) of your community atm are all botters that didn't even play the server so they don't count. The other 25%(THE ONES WHO MATTER) are people who have played manual or semi-manual(using a bot healer or smth) and I personally feel a lot of them appreciated what you did when you were working on the server. But I feel over the year or so since you did a major update to your server it had led them to not appreciate what you do to your server because they see all these cool updates to tibia and a server owner who used to be the best of the best at updating his server within a day or two of the update on rl tibia and it probably upsets them to see you just sit here and do nothing because you have a balanced server of 800 botters...

2. the link didn't work for me so I couldn't see what you were showing. But also even if they couldn't give 1/5 of there time to do it that doesn't really even matter because even if they gave 1/10 of the time to do it, it still would eventually get done. And as seeing your already 1-2 years behind rl tibia I see nothing wrong in just slowly working your way through the updates to get semi close to rl tibia(literally just add roshamuul, and oramond and your server will be 100000x better already)

3. I personally don't care if you are in it for the money or not, but just sitting here doing nothing for years as your community slowly dies is just unbearable to watch. Over the years of me playing shadowcores and lunarforce you have been a pretty decent owner since you update to what your players want, like the ssa exhaust and ring exhaust, or the spells do less damage when pvp, hell you even basically killed off your server decreasing players levels and skills because they wanted you to. So I ask you now, why won't you just add roshamuul and oramond to your server because your people want it? It just doesn't make since to me.

Now after this long ass fucking speech i just wrote, IF YOU ALREADY KNOW WHAT WILL MAKE YOUR SERVER BETTER, THEN DO IT MARK!

if they really closed the ox server because of the numbers at BETA, was really dumb, because alot players, including my team wouldnt play at beta, why should we? wtf, the server would be reset in 20 days... I think the server could be great, alot teams and alot players would join at ox server... low stages, good staff, updated map, retro pvp (no twist of fate), well, anyway... like i said a million times, shadow;lunar r already dead, the only decent server now is Mortera/Morta and Eldera and the another, retro pvp, updated map, hehe.

Majority of you guys are crying (like always) about shadowcores future updates blablabla. If you know read English, you can see that Mark will not move anything atm about the server so, if you don't like this ot, stop playing here lol it isn't difficult at all...

Nobody of us is playing actively on shadowcores, we just want one stable ot where people can get to for war

give me 15x chars of 300 lvl's+ and i will fix team , many of my ppl doesnt have the feeling to exp in a server that ppl's has already 400 lvls.
I dont know why you ALWAYS cry about lvls + the SSA delay can't be even better it's really good. Even this bombel team started to fight us on 200 lvls and they gave us a 'decent' fights, they didnt cry like you but they were botting and after 3 weeks they are nearly all 280. Levels its not an excuse because 400 doesn't tank like past days but opposite it dies quick.
P.S - "many of my ppl doesnt have the feeling to exp in a server that ppl's has already 400 lvls." I am not suprised if you guys play on OSH OTs where there is 100x exp on 300 level.

I dont know why you ALWAYS cry about lvls + the SSA delay can't be even better it's really good. Even this bombel team started to fight us on 200 lvls and they gave us a 'decent' fights, they didnt cry like you but they were botting and after 3 weeks they are nearly all 280. Levels its not an excuse because 400 doesn't tank like past days but opposite it dies quick.
P.S - "many of my ppl doesnt have the feeling to exp in a server that ppl's has already 400 lvls." I am not suprised if you guys play on OSH OTs where there is 100x exp on 300 level.

but what the fuck i was asking people about what they think about join lunar and fight there , after ask 10 ppl exactly 9 of them said fuck it and the other one was like go who cares but he said he was not going to exp anymore so why i should make a team of 15 ppl that wont be even active.

idk why u love so much lunarforce but i can say for sure that shadowcores and lunarforce are over we need another ot to start like 6 or 7 teams from 0.

but what the fuck i was asking people about what they think about join lunar and fight there , after ask 10 ppl exactly 9 of them said fuck it and the other one was like go who cares but he said he was not going to exp anymore so why i should make a team of 15 ppl that wont be even active.

idk why u love so much lunarforce but i can say for sure that shadowcores and lunarforce are over we need another ot to start like 6 or 7 teams from 0.
So yous don't want to exp but you want a new OT that will start from 0. Yea that makes sense. Lunarforce if prob the best OT atm and it will be for a long time so I dont know whats the problem to bot chars FULL AFK for a few weeks and have a nice fights. There will be always excuse even if there will be a new OT people will still find something wrong with it and XLOG.

Last edited:
av5mVJg.png

sell old magwall offert pls
kkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

Last edited:
So yous don't want to exp but you want a new OT that will start from 0. Yea that makes sense. Lunarforce if prob the best OT atm and it will be for a long time so I dont know whats the problem to bot chars FULL AFK for a few weeks and have a nice fights. There will be always excuse even if there will be a new OT people will still find something wrong with it and XLOG.
because it is better to start on a new OT than start on OT where everyone has 400 levels, 50 bp cc, 10x full sets, etc. its better to play on new OT where everyone has same chances, levels, money. Where noone has any adventage, and fights are much more interesting than 400 levels fights. I think that make a new server is really great idea, people and teams want it. A lot of people are disappointed about closed OX. Look on ambera for example. TBH it was really great OT 1k + people on start, and it kept for some weeks. The reason why people stopped playing there is that GM a) didn't give a shit about server, b) people had laggs (inb4 that was server issue, not people's connections), c) a lot of bugs, that he probably couldnt repair, d) he was repairing things like "tarantula respawn on port hope works", that werent very importnant at that moment. TBH there isn't any good server to fight atm.

can't understand why u cant get it, many of those ppls u say that cant exp already has 250 lvls + but they dont wanna play in 'best server atm' with a hundred players average and fightiny always with same ppl on same places without any other feeling that ot must give.
Its not important the thing of bot char , the most importat how ppl feels if they need to start again to fight in lunar, shadow ... if u ask some1 that used to play old times on shadow lunar about come back and play they will answer : Are u crazy ? whats the point into waste time on this ots that is dedek ot will be dedek in 2 days again ? Gg Wp for twifysoft team cuz they made good ot's but its time to make new one PPL SO FUCKING TIRED ABOUT THIS!!

The main reason we stopped development on The OX Server had nothing to do with money, Joshwa534, Syntax, and I all have good paying jobs. As soon as we launched the North American BETA server, we had 400 players log in. Within just a few hours, that number dropped to 25 because it wasn't a Shadowcores copy. We stated from the beginning that we wanted a Tibia copy, not a copy of another OT server, but players didn't care.They were angry that they had to do quests to access Yalahar, or that they couldn't buy blessings in the temple, or that we didn't offer Twist of Fate or Fair Fight reduction, or that we wouldn't give them levels and gold (even though the test server assistant NPC was giving both of those things out, including skills, for free), among other things. It came down to the fact that we weren't a Shadowcores clone, and, no offense to Mark, that's not what we wanted. We wanted our own thing. If it were about the money, we'd host the servers, put gold and major items in the donation shop, and just sit back. But that's not what we're about. The Tibia community as a whole no longer want to work for things, they want it handed to them (and CipSoft is caving in as you can see). So the OX team is moving on to other games, and leaving Tibia behind. We were hoping we could launch a great OT server for people to enjoy, but we spent months working on the engine and data pack for 95% of our players to hate that they actually had to work to get anywhere in the server. We apologize to those who were really looking forward to playing the server regardless of what others said, but, like Mark said, anyone is capable of making and hosting a great OT server.

Regards and good luck,
The OX Team

Jo3Bingham,

Before this post I hadn't said a single word on OTLand regarding the OX server; sometimes it's better to say nothing rather than say something mean.
I wish you the best of luck and appreciate your contributions to Open Tibia.

Red

The main reason we stopped development on The OX Server had nothing to do with money, Joshwa534, Syntax, and I all have good paying jobs. As soon as we launched the North American BETA server, we had 400 players log in. Within just a few hours, that number dropped to 25 because it wasn't a Shadowcores copy. We stated from the beginning that we wanted a Tibia copy, not a copy of another OT server, but players didn't care.They were angry that they had to do quests to access Yalahar, or that they couldn't buy blessings in the temple, or that we didn't offer Twist of Fate or Fair Fight reduction, or that we wouldn't give them levels and gold (even though the test server assistant NPC was giving both of those things out, including skills, for free), among other things. It came down to the fact that we weren't a Shadowcores clone, and, no offense to Mark, that's not what we wanted. We wanted our own thing. If it were about the money, we'd host the servers, put gold and major items in the donation shop, and just sit back. But that's not what we're about. The Tibia community as a whole no longer want to work for things, they want it handed to them (and CipSoft is caving in as you can see). So the OX team is moving on to other games, and leaving Tibia behind. We were hoping we could launch a great OT server for people to enjoy, but we spent months working on the engine and data pack for 95% of our players to hate that they actually had to work to get anywhere in the server. We apologize to those who were really looking forward to playing the server regardless of what others said, but, like Mark said, anyone is capable of making and hosting a great OT server.

Regards and good luck,
The OX Team

You do realize no one was really that interested in playing a BETA right? You guys had more than enough time to fix bugs etc from what I saw the beta should've been at maximum a day or two... I had 3 teams waiting to join the USA version as soon as the real version launched, and that's usa teams only. Add 4 more teams to the count if you want to include latinos / brs.

Josh said that you guys had no expectations what so ever coming into the server, so why were you disappointed at the beta number?

What you guys decided was childish, nothing more. It was basically your ego taking form and displaying itself to everyone. Sad to be honest, but oh well.

I really wish you guys would re think your choice, not for the community, but for your reputation. This will leave quite a big stain on your rep, Think about it. "These guys cried and canceled their project because they didn't get what they expected when they had no expectations.."(??) Who would want to higher people that act like children that counter their own sayings and cry when things don't go their way?

I listened to Josh's stream the other night, I respect maybe 75% of what he said and the other 25% I would like to forget about.

My respect for you guys as a team won't drop, I wish you guys the best of luck in your new game and Xeno scripting.

You do realize no one was really that interested in playing a BETA right? You guys had more than enough time to fix bugs etc from what I saw the beta should've been at maximum a day or two... I had 3 teams waiting to join the USA version as soon as the real version launched, and that's usa teams only. Add 4 more teams to the count if you want to include latinos / brs.

Josh said that you guys had no expectations what so ever coming into the server, so why were you disappointed at the beta number?

What you guys decided was childish, nothing more. It was basically your ego taking form and displaying itself to everyone. Sad to be honest, but oh well.

I really wish you guys would re think your choice, not for the community, but for your reputation. This will leave quite a big stain on your rep, Think about it. "These guys cried and canceled their project because they didn't get what they expected when they had no expectations.."(??) Who would want to higher people that act like children that counter their own sayings and cry when things don't go their way?

I listened to Josh's stream the other night, I respect maybe 75% of what he said and the other 25% I would like to forget about.

My respect for you guys as a team won't drop, I wish you guys the best of luck in your new game and Xeno scripting.

It looks like you only read the first two sentences of his post. Going in we knew we could be making something a lot more profitable than an Open Tibia Server.
We gave it a chance not because we thought we could make tons of money on it and have 10k players, but because it was the most fun compared to developing anything else.
It quickly became not so fun once the Beta launched and we realized how the majority of the population would act. This was not a haste decision, if you truly think we would give up that much work
without thinking it through then you can stop reading here since I have nothing left to say to you.

Why would we continue a project we no longer had heart in, people call us greedy, but honestly launching a server we know we won't want to work on seems like the most greedy thing to do.
I agree with @Mark's first point about the community, it's incredibly demotivating, and this isn't specific to the Open Tibia community, we deal with it in the Tibia botting community all the time,
we were hoping it would be a fresh change, but unfortunately it was not.

It started out as hobby development. We are all professionals in our field, but since Tibia is in our roots we didn't mind wasting our time on our hobby.
But it quickly became a job, at that point the server was doomed. No matter how successful the server may have been, it would have never made the money we could make
using our skills professionally, I'm sorry if that sounds egotistical, but it's the truth.

TL;DR
We were fine with the limited playerbase IF the server was going to be fun to make.
Since the server became not so fun to make, we might as well make something more worth our time.

Kind Regards,
The OX Team

It looks like you only read the first two sentences of his post. Going in we knew we could be making something a lot more profitable than an Open Tibia Server.
We gave it a chance not because we thought we could make tons of money on it and have 10k players, but because it was the most fun compared to developing anything else.
It quickly became not so fun once the Beta launched and we realized how the majority of the population would act. This was not a haste decision, if you truly think we would give up that much work
without thinking it through then you can stop reading here since I have nothing left to say to you.

Why would we continue a project we no longer had heart in, people call us greedy, but honestly launching a server we know we won't want to work on seems like the most greedy thing to do.
I agree with @Mark's first point about the community, it's incredibly demotivating, and this isn't specific to the Open Tibia community, we deal with it in the Tibia botting community all the time,
we were hoping it would be a fresh change, but unfortunately it was not.

It started out as hobby development. We are all professionals in our field, but since Tibia is in our roots we didn't mind wasting our time on our hobby.
But it quickly became a job, at that point the server was doomed. No matter how successful the server may have been, it would have never made the money we could make
using our skills professionally, I'm sorry if that sounds egotistical, but it's the truth.

TL;DR
We were fine with the limited playerbase IF the server was going to be fun to make.
Since the server became not so fun to make, we might as well make something more worth our time.

Kind Regards,
The OX Team

You guys keep on mentioning a profit and make x money or we can go to x game and make more, whilst saying you guys are not in it for the money, but no one here is interested or even mentioned money. I listened to Josh say you guys were not in it for the money, which I completely respect.. But.. He also started saying how much you guys make and how much he makes and how OX isn't worth it because of how little the profit would be etc etc.

I agree you guys are all professionals in your fields, but wouldn't it also be nice to be professionals in your fields and have a professional attitude towards things? If I was a random and checked into Josh's stream of read some of your guys' posts I'd question you guys being "Professionals" at all. It's honestly cringe worthy.

Again, I for one do not mind you guys not putting up the server. It sucks, but that decision is for you guys to make. All I wanted to say is that you guys shouldn't base the Tibia Community solely on OTLand. OTLand is filled with a bunch of idiotic, childish people (Minus a few people that I know). More than 80% of your thread are posts made by people from Twifysoft servers. But Twifysoft and OTLand are only a small portion of OT players. Yes it may seem like its bullshit, but, Servers like OX are the types of servers to make people come back. Look what Mortera and Morta did.. It was basically OX Servers with more changes (Better changes) and higher EXP Rate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back