• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Take advantage of OX Project Cancellation And Make A New Server

Status
Not open for further replies.
lunar died because of retarded rates.

Death penalty is absolutely disgusting, you must killa player 3 times if you want him to drop a single level.

It´s pointless to fight on a server like that, the reason why it is still online is ebcause botters are getting lvl 300-400 and buying premmy scrolls ( mark is happy ) to transfer their chars to no the no pvp version of lunar also known as shadowcores

The main reason we stopped development on The OX Server had nothing to do with money, Joshwa534, Syntax, and I all have good paying jobs. As soon as we launched the North American BETA server, we had 400 players log in. Within just a few hours, that number dropped to 25 because it wasn't a Shadowcores copy. We stated from the beginning that we wanted a Tibia copy, not a copy of another OT server, but players didn't care.They were angry that they had to do quests to access Yalahar, or that they couldn't buy blessings in the temple, or that we didn't offer Twist of Fate or Fair Fight reduction, or that we wouldn't give them levels and gold (even though the test server assistant NPC was giving both of those things out, including skills, for free), among other things. It came down to the fact that we weren't a Shadowcores clone, and, no offense to Mark, that's not what we wanted. We wanted our own thing. If it were about the money, we'd host the servers, put gold and major items in the donation shop, and just sit back. But that's not what we're about. The Tibia community as a whole no longer want to work for things, they want it handed to them (and CipSoft is caving in as you can see). So the OX team is moving on to other games, and leaving Tibia behind. We were hoping we could launch a great OT server for people to enjoy, but we spent months working on the engine and data pack for 95% of our players to hate that they actually had to work to get anywhere in the server. We apologize to those who were really looking forward to playing the server regardless of what others said, but, like Mark said, anyone is capable of making and hosting a great OT server.

Regards and good luck,
The OX Team
No offense but who would like to make 'Yalahar Quests' on BETA server when it will be restarted anyway. Think about it 400 people joined BETA TEST SERVER which is insane. It was an obvious that people will join BETA just to see if its laggy and thinks like that. You havent even tried the officials.
P.S - NO OX NO LIFE. BYE

I think we can compare Shadowcores with the Barça of Guardiola , they was best in their time but they arrive to an a lvl that is hard to keep for many years and finaly they went both went down.
Now Barça changed the project with new coacher and more or less mark should make the same , fix a new motivated staff that wanna make great things and just mark can help them giving them what they need (things with map , scripts and others).

With the money they make they are the real madrid between ots hahah

You guys keep on mentioning a profit and make x money or we can go to x game and make more, whilst saying you guys are not in it for the money, but no one here is interested or even mentioned money. I listened to Josh say you guys were not in it for the money, which I completely respect.. But.. He also started saying how much you guys make and how much he makes and how OX isn't worth it because of how little the profit would be etc etc.

I agree you guys are all professionals in your fields, but wouldn't it also be nice to be professionals in your fields and have a professional attitude towards things? If I was a random and checked into Josh's stream of read some of your guys' posts I'd question you guys being "Professionals" at all. It's honestly cringe worthy.

Again, I for one do not mind you guys not putting up the server. It sucks, but that decision is for you guys to make. All I wanted to say is that you guys shouldn't base the Tibia Community solely on OTLand. OTLand is filled with a bunch of idiotic, childish people (Minus a few people that I know). More than 80% of your thread are posts made by people from Twifysoft servers. But Twifysoft and OTLand are only a small portion of OT players. Yes it may seem like its bullshit, but, Servers like OX are the types of servers to make people come back. Look what Mortera and Morta did.. It was basically OX Servers with more changes (Better changes) and higher EXP Rate.
We only mention money because a lot of people made the false accusation of that being the reason for our decision. Maybe not in this thread, but there was a lot of it on this forum, and elsewhere.

I don't believe the majority of the players who joined the BETA launch were from OTLand, otherwise, it would not have been as discouraging as it was. 99% of our in-game bug reports, private messages on forums, etc. after the two server launches were all complaints (read my first post for examples of these complaints) about how they could do something in another OT, but they couldn't do it here. It is extremely demoralizing when you're spending 80+ hours a week, for 3 months straight, working on something only to have 99% of your customers complain because it's not the way they want it, or because they actually have to play to get something.

We really didn't want to have a 2-3-4 week BETA test, we really wanted it to be as short as possible. 2-3 days would have been great if people would have actually taken the BETA for what it was, but you would be surprised at the number of people who logged in and thought it was the actual launch.

But this extends well beyond the OX server. If you've ever heard of tpforums (tprogramming; the original bot forum for Tibia), you would know that I am one of the more famous programmers there; I've been around since Tibia 7.4. That forum used to be one of the most busy, and community-drive forums I've ever been a part of. People actually gave to the community without expecting anything in return. Then, slowly, it turned in to a place where people just wanted things handed to them without even trying to do it on their own. Today, there might be one new post every week, that's it. Then you can move over to XenoBot's forums where I'm an admin; the same thing happened there. It used to be a busy place, where people were making scripts and sharing with the community like crazy. Now it's mostly people criticizing what script makers are left because they won't just hand them things. Same with CipSoft's community, and what's left of the Open-Tibia community. OTLand used to be a great place like the other forums I've mentioned, but today you only see the same few people giving to the community, and the rest just have their hand out. Heck, I kept someone else's map tracker up-to-date so that the OT community would at least have some form of map tracker, I got constant complaints about not releasing my source code, and when I did most people wanted me to tell them how to update it. There were a few that actually put it in effort, but the majority of them hadn't, they just wanted me to tell them how to do it. And while I applaud the ones who actually tried, most of them couldn't grasp that teaching them how to update it wasn't a 2 minute lesson.

So, as you can see, it's not just the OT community, but the Tibia community as a whole that has dwindled too far. Mark even mentioned it in his post, he knows exactly what we're talking about. Unfortunately, we have no plans of further developing the OX server, but I do thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and feelings.

No offense but who would like to make 'Yalahar Quests' on BETA server when it will be restarted anyway. Think about it 400 people joined BETA TEST SERVER which is insane. It was an obvious that people will join BETA just to see if its laggy and thinks like that. You havent even tried the officials.
P.S - NO OX NO LIFE. BYE
The whole point of the BETA was for bug testing. We had ALPHA testers doing quests, and trying to find bugs as best they could, but 10~ people can only test so much. One person might have been able to do Yalahar access quests, but the next person might have had an issue. If you were a programmer, you would understand that. We repeatedly mentioned that we would like for people to actually test the BETA from the day we announced the server, to the day the BETA was launched, so that we could launch a server that was as bug-free as possible. How can we test Yalahar access quests on BETA if no one is willing to test it? I agree, 400 players as soon as we launched the server was crazy, but I'd rather 25 people actually testing quests and reporting bugs, than 400 people complaining.

Like I said, we asked (basically pleaded) that people would actually test the BETA server by doing quests, PvP, etc., but 99% of the people who logged in only wanted to complain.

Reactions: Red
The whole point of the BETA was for bug testing. We had ALPHA testers doing quests, and trying to find bugs as best they could, but 10~ people can only test so much. One person might have been able to do Yalahar access quests, but the next person might have had an issue. If you were a programmer, you would understand that. We repeatedly mentioned that we would like for people to actually test the BETA from the day we announced the server, to the day the BETA was launched, so that we could launch a server that was as bug-free as possible. How can we test Yalahar access quests on BETA if no one is willing to test it? I agree, 400 players as soon as we launched the server was crazy, but I'd rather 25 people actually testing quests and reporting bugs, than 400 people complaining.

Like I said, we asked (basically pleaded) that people would actually test the BETA server by doing quests, PvP, etc., but 99% of the people who logged in only wanted to complain.
Hmm.. Id say ppl deserve a second chance! Is there any hope that you guys will launch it again or not at all? There is a huge amount of people that wanted to start again and play there!

The main reason we stopped development on The OX Server had nothing to do with money, Joshwa534, Syntax, and I all have good paying jobs. As soon as we launched the North American BETA server, we had 400 players log in. Within just a few hours, that number dropped to 25 because it wasn't a Shadowcores copy. We stated from the beginning that we wanted a Tibia copy, not a copy of another OT server, but players didn't care.They were angry that they had to do quests to access Yalahar, or that they couldn't buy blessings in the temple, or that we didn't offer Twist of Fate or Fair Fight reduction, or that we wouldn't give them levels and gold (even though the test server assistant NPC was giving both of those things out, including skills, for free), among other things. It came down to the fact that we weren't a Shadowcores clone, and, no offense to Mark, that's not what we wanted. We wanted our own thing. If it were about the money, we'd host the servers, put gold and major items in the donation shop, and just sit back. But that's not what we're about. The Tibia community as a whole no longer want to work for things, they want it handed to them (and CipSoft is caving in as you can see). So the OX team is moving on to other games, and leaving Tibia behind. We were hoping we could launch a great OT server for people to enjoy, but we spent months working on the engine and data pack for 95% of our players to hate that they actually had to work to get anywhere in the server. We apologize to those who were really looking forward to playing the server regardless of what others said, but, like Mark said, anyone is capable of making and hosting a great OT server.

Regards and good luck,
The OX Team

Why do you think it dropped to 25 players? I got kicks 24/7 but mmmkey.

People leaved from the ox server because was a BETA SERVER, and you put the msg that the ot will be reset in 20 days, so why would we play a bugged ot for 20 days and then be reseted? wtf.... Everyone in my teamspeak said to eachother: we would play other ot until the real ox server opened, then we would go...

Why do you think it dropped to 25 players? I got kicks 24/7 but mmmkey.
We didn't have a single complaint about lag. The server restarted twice for some quick engine fixes I made.
so why would we play a bugged ot for 20 days and then be reseted? wtf....
Like I've stated over-and-over, the whole point of the BETA launch was to find and fix bugs. We knew a lot of teams didn't want to play on the BETA server because it would have been a waste of their time. And we understand that because that's not what the BETA server was for, it was for finding bugs. But what if we said screw it, released the official server, and it was riddled with severe bugs? Then people would have been pissed that we kept rolling back to server save because of bug fixes. That was the whole point of the BETA test. Unfortunately, you can't please everyone.

Lets be honest. Mark just sent the GI- Joe Special Force Task to "convince" them to quit the project.
Sadly the OX Team had only empty PIZZA boxes instead of guns, meanwhile someone of them lives in america. Sad but true story bro.

-----------------
WHY SO SERIOUS ?

We didn't have a single complaint about lag. The server restarted twice for some quick engine fixes I made.

Like I've stated over-and-over, the whole point of the BETA launch was to find and fix bugs. We knew a lot of teams didn't want to play on the BETA server because it would have been a waste of their time. And we understand that because that's not what the BETA server was for, it was for finding bugs. But what if we said screw it, released the official server, and it was riddled with severe bugs? Then people would have been pissed that we kept rolling back to server save because of bug fixes. That was the whole point of the BETA test. Unfortunately, you can't please everyone.

Im sure if you make a good ot there will be many teams playing the question is can u make a stable server on tibia 10.70+?

Might just have been in my case but I would definately play the BETA if I wouldn't have connection problems. I was playing it and then it crashed and closed forever. So you can't really blame me or anyone dedicated enough to play the beta and finding bugs for you.

A OT server where you gotta do fucking yala quest to play ?

If you think people will waste their time playing a non oficial version of tibia that is basically identical to the original version than you should not open a server

Your server had 400 players while people though it would be a intelligent project, not a copy of something everybody already knows

A OT server where you gotta do fucking yala quest to play ?

If you think people will waste their time playing a non oficial version of tibia that is basically identical to the original version than you should not open a server

Your server had 400 players while people though it would be a intelligent project, not a copy of something everybody already knows
stfu idiot id rather play a server with access quests, makes it so ppl arent botting all the hard spawns to get to. Why dont u take your negativity and gtfo loser

is not that the OX server was canceled because they quicieron cancel your project ... say things like Mark, say that you and your team with otserverlist. they closed the server nukeando and fucking her system to OX and threatening because they knew very well that Shadowcores going to die faster than it already is ... well you know that the OX Server was 99% higher than Shadowcores ... Shadowcores not have anything to compete with the OX server because ShadowCores is DEAD .........

No Update.

Already last about 1 Year Christmas background with Web-Shadowcores hahaha something that can be changed in less than 2 minutes.

are things like this that make me think who bought this server who do not have the capacity and an open mind to be upgrading a server to the beat. real world .... Shadowcores online continues for shame ... because this mega dead.

Marcos anything you do not have to be saying that if they do not like shadowcores ... not criticize and vallemos us to play another server ... remember that you rather than you should thank us because thanks to all the people who play your server and donate .. is that you have money and keep the best online server .. thanks and tries to please you are giving life ..

Dead Shadowcores !!!!!!!!!!

Instead of crying, it is better to begin play on RealTibia(retro).. You will have"rpg, update, low rates, new cities, old pvp and more..." During this time, when everyone is waiting for new Ots, arise powerful guilds.. Nobody would complain ..

Instead of crying, it is better to begin play on RealTibia(retro).. You will have"rpg, update, low rates, new cities, old pvp and more..." During this time, when everyone is waiting for new Ots, arise powerful guilds.. Nobody would complain ..
bror i think if you need to start from 0 is pointless to play rl tibia , if you have nothing to do u can go but its a waste of time.
95% on retro pvp are just retarded ppl rpg's and when they die dont try to search them more on the battlefield.
Also i can say that only 5% of ppl or even less are good pvp the rest are just randoms.

lunar died because of retarded rates.

Death penalty is absolutely disgusting, you must killa player 3 times if you want him to drop a single level.

It´s pointless to fight on a server like that, the reason why it is still online is ebcause botters are getting lvl 300-400 and buying premmy scrolls ( mark is happy ) to transfer their chars to no the no pvp version of lunar also known as shadowcores
stfu

avaaavavavavavav
avaaavavavavavavavaaavavavavavavavaaavavavavavavavaaavavavavavavavaaavavavavavavavaaavavavavavavavaaavavavavavav
avaaavavavavavav

bump xinn make ot in 3 weeks gajs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back