• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Thronar - Alternate Tibia Server (New more organized thread)

Siegh once the server is up and running I insist you looking into hiring some people to help you out. I would like to see a lot more content, items, monsters, spells, dungeons etc.. and if you're working solo it will take a longgggggggg time to get stuff done.

I'll roll a marksman then :D was just worried there would be a use for them in teamhunts later on.

or priest..... :p still havent decided

Siegh once the server is up and running I insist you looking into hiring some people to help you out. I would like to see a lot more content, items, monsters, spells, dungeons etc.. and if you're working solo it will take a longgggggggg time to get stuff done.

The truth is, with all the "basic" systems made (spells, masteries, professions, craft, quests, equipment) it doesnt take too long to create new content. What really hinders me is sudden lack of creativity and/or mapping, which I want to maintain the style and quality level. Aside from technical support, there is not much someone else than me can do in developing Thronar, if I want it to keep being itself.

you can always ask people to come up with ideas for quests/places and you deside if you want to use it or not :)

but i understand that you want to keep the same style, its what makes this server unique

you can always ask people to come up with ideas for quests/places and you deside if you want to use it or not :)

but i understand that you want to keep the same style, its what makes this server unique

I do ocasionally, but most people comes up with ideas that wouldnt fit thronar's universe and storyline, style or whatsoever.
For example: an orc fortress with a dragon guarding a treasure inside.

First, there are no orcs in the current region players will be situated. Second, why the fuck would a dragon submit to the orcs, or why wouldnt it break free, or where did the orcs even found a god damn dragon, which is extremely rare, powerful and unique being on Thronar? And why would the orcs, a race that find pleasure solely in raiding and spreading havoc would ever bother storing up any treasure?

I have my storyline, and even tho the players wont interact too much with it, its solid, and I cant simply put anything there just to create new content. The scenario wont allow it.

I just wanna see a lot more items, monsters, spells, more quests, puzzles dungeons and it's going to be slow progress with just you working, but I completely understand your reasoning, if you want sometime done right do it yourself. At least let us give you ideas :p

@edit There are some who pay attention to the storyline, I think it would be pretty awesome if you made hidden quests and riddles within the story line, would make it more fun and interesting!

Last edited:
When the server opens up, he can just make a Proposals board and filter what is worth using and what's not :p

When the server opens up, he can just make a Proposals board and filter what is worth using and what's not :p

That sounds like could happen, tho I will keep the suggestions secrets, since its no fun if everyone knows what may be coming up.

I'll be sending you a whole essay of ideas and suggestions soon so be prepared! ^_^

i'll be sending some thoughts aswell ^^

any update? i'm pretty bored so cant wait to play :p

Im performing a small intern test with a few friends to search deeper for bugs. If everything runs well, it will be online really soon.

But, for some time already Ive been thinking about creating a new class, and today, while playing Dark Souls, Ive had the idea of a really unique and different class... the Deprived! The ones who really like a hardcore challenge and unique customization with a wide array of skill options, should take this class.

The main concept is, you start extremely weak, you evolve extremely slow, but in exchange, you are able to equip anything, you are able to learn any skill and/or spells with the restrictions of spending mastery points in which area you want to evolve into, that including gaining higher health, mana, speed, learning sword skills, fire magic, beast summoning, anything!

What do you think about this idea? Would you play a Deprived instead of one of the regular classes?

Hmm interesting, I think I would fine with it as long as you can't excel to MUCH in any 1 skill, and make sure there isn't any op combos. For example, someone could do full tank, and then learn the cleric mana regen spell, get the best priest healing spell and then be invincible, that's if I understand your idea of the class correctly, also would thier hp/mana be same or could you also customize that? I was also had an idea, I remember how some items had special effects but there was no way of knowing what they actually did, we had to ask you or old old players whom knew it, I think that you should put like information in libraries, quests, chests hidden around the world that tell you about items, and what kind of hidden stats they give, maybe what certain monsters can drop, etc..

Hmm interesting, I think I would fine with it as long as you can't excel to MUCH in any 1 skill, and make sure there isn't any op combos. For example, someone could do full tank, and then learn the cleric mana regen spell, get the best priest healing spell and then be invincible, that's if I understand your idea of the class correctly, also would thier hp/mana be same or could you also customize that? I was also had an idea, I remember how some items had special effects but there was no way of knowing what they actually did, we had to ask you or old old players whom knew it, I think that you should put like information in libraries, quests, chests hidden around the world that tell you about items, and what kind of hidden stats they give, maybe what certain monsters can drop, etc..

Depriveds will have the ability to pick which kind of skills and equipment they want to wear, the higher level they are, more options they will be able to unlock, and with that more spells and skills will be avaliable. But, naturally, their skills will grow slower than other classes, even their experience will be slower. And, yes they will have the ability to customize their health and mana.

My point basically is that in the very early game, they will have an extreme difficulty to grow, but in the long run, you will have created a class of your own.

About the effects, even tho I liked the idea of items with hidden effects, the current version doesnt support hiding their basic effects. Some may still have hidden effects in different ways, but thats yet to come.

You still didn't anwser my question :( I know you're saying that early game it will be hard but all you have to do is go hunt with a friend and you're fine. I just don't want this class to be OP, it's going to be stupid if they can get the best healing spells, cc spells, tank spells, I feel like it will just outrule the other classes and give them no point. Also, say someone went deprived and decided to go full tank, they shouldn't be able to tank better than swordsman or it just completely ruins the point of a swordsman. I'm not hating on the class, I just don't want it to be OP.

You still didn't anwser my question :( I know you're saying that early game it will be hard but all you have to do is go hunt with a friend and you're fine. I just don't want this class to be OP, it's going to be stupid if they can get the best healing spells, cc spells, tank spells, I feel like it will just outrule the other classes and give them no point. Also, say someone went deprived and decided to go full tank, they shouldn't be able to tank better than swordsman or it just completely ruins the point of a swordsman. I'm not hating on the class, I just don't want it to be OP.

To create a system that wont allow that is the challenge Im taking right now, I will post more information about it soon.

Glad to hear you're aware of it at least, I hope you can figure out a solution. But depending on how long it takes, would be nice if you could release the server first and then work on the deprived because we've all been waiting so long ^_^

Personally I don't think it's something you should have at launch, add that as a later update once the game has grown roots. That way people have a better understanding of everything and you have a good flavor of data to balance it on.

I would choose a better name instead of Deprived, anyway it's up to you.

Let us know if you open a public test hosted in Brazil or USA, I don't like to play servers hosted in Europe. You'll know what I mean once everything starts :)

I would choose a better name instead of Deprived, anyway it's up to you.

Let us know if you open a public test hosted in Brazil or USA, I don't like to play servers hosted in Europe. You'll know what I mean once everything starts :)

The name Deprived is to be kept as a tribute to Dark Souls, one of the best games ever made.

And I suggest you to try even if its hosted in europe, I know what you mean just fine, but I played today without problems while being hosted there.

Personally I don't think it's something you should have at launch, add that as a later update once the game has grown roots. That way people have a better understanding of everything and you have a good flavor of data to balance it on.

While I do agree I should focus more on fixing the current content, Id actually love to have this class at the release... it would create such a disparity and competitiveness between hardcore and more casual players.

Anyway, Im focusing on whats more important now, fixing a bug in every corner.

Hopefully it will be done soon, also it would be nice if a day before release you gave some kind of countdown to when it's going to be up so we know around when to expect it.

Back