• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Total Economic Meltdown 2016

And then?

Serious posters will come, in time, until then stop trolling and filling the thread with nonsense. Thanks :)

Did you just say to stop filling the thread with nonsense? Bro this thread you made here was BUILT on nonsense

It's not nonsense, it's just an economic theory.
Has legitimate metrics behind it and does have credence - but this forum isn't the right medium for it.

Also, the title 'Total economic meltdown" is very hyperbole.

It's not nonsense, it's just an economic theory.
Has legitimate metrics behind it and does have credence - but this forum isn't the right medium for it.

Also, the title 'Total economic meltdown" is very hyperbole.

Yeap, theory.. and yeap, legitimate metrics behind it and does have credence... and nope, not the right forum for it but I just thought id give it a try and perhaps lift the forum up a bit in terms of the seriousness-level we can have.

Very hyperbole. That's how you make people enter and read though.. ;)

Yeap, theory.. and yeap, legitimate metrics behind it and does have credence... and nope, not the right forum for it but I just thought id give it a try and perhaps lift the forum up a bit in terms of the seriousness-level we can have.

Very hyperbole. That's how you make people enter and read though.. ;)
jajajaja go back to sleep

@Sinth this is a serious question and I want your reasoning as a response, because I have my own theory on why there could be an economic collapse in the near future. Why do you think that

Why all the hating by the way?
People tend to hate what they don't understand or something which challenges their belief system or intellect.

my degree in finance.
If you have a degree in finance why are you supporting yourself with an ot server?
Seems like rather a waste of an education :p

Last edited by a moderator:
If you have a degree in finance why are you supporting yourself with an ot server?
Seems like rather a waste of an education :p
Once you have built a solid foundation (e.g. a university degree) you are empowering yourself to be privileged in so far, that you can "waste" time to do something you always wanted (e.g. travel the world, try something totally different, or w.e.). Of course the defintion of what a "waste" of time is varies from each individuals POV. Going with that it would be totally legit for @Sir Knighter to even be only doing his OTS if that is what he wants to do right now. If it makes him happy and he still can provide for his own living that would be totally acceptable.

Once you have built a solid foundation (e.g. a university degree) you are empowering yourself to be privileged in so far, that you can "waste" time to do something you always wanted (e.g. travel the world, try something totally different, or w.e.). Of course the defintion of what a "waste" of time is varies from each individuals POV. Going with that it would be totally legit for @Sir Knighter to even be only doing his OTS if that is what he wants to do right now. If it makes him happy and he still can provide for his own living that would be totally acceptable.
He knows I do more outside of this server, I think he was just memeing for the follow up stripper joke lols.

But agreed with your statement none the less, always good to see you again mate ;)

If not a meltdown it will be a slow decline over decades.. for the west, that is, ofcourse. I doubt the poor parts of Africa will see either :p

If you don't know that we're, globally, halfway into this decline/meltdown already you should watch and follow the news instead of posting stuff you don't know anything about ;)

What would you prefer btw? A chaotic few years or depressing 20 years? I'm basically pro-meltdown as long as the poor and vulnerable suffer not more than necessary.. unfortunately they are the nr 1 victims of this, ofcourse :( I could be very wrong on this though.. hmm. A slow decline/global adjust might be more preferable to the poor and emerging economies than a collapse actually.. I might have to reconsider what i'm for and against

@Sinth this is a serious question and I want your reasoning as a response, because I have my own theory on why there could be an economic collapse in the near future. Why do you think that

I'd say there's a handful of inevitable factors that all only can end in a collapse. House/property-markets, derivatives.. PETRO-DOLLAR.. fractional reserve lending(!).. extremely blown up stock-markets(More than the FED are printing dollars to buy/prop up their own stock-market).. What card of this house of cards collapse first though is impossible to say and not many experts even dare to make a guess. All we know is that we have a very unstable globe at the moment and there's many, many ways that this can go down.. But it is inevitable that there will be huge chaos when the US dollar is taken off as the global reserve currency. Something China is working extremely hard on at the moment(setting up exchanges all over the world to make their currency the "new"/next reserve-currency.

China might back their currency with gold.. this would basically make everything go apeshit in a second or 2. There's trillions of dollars in Paper-gold(Gold that exists only on paper as an investment but not in reality).. if China would back their currency with gold(So that you can go into a bank and change your paper for gold) all those paper assets would simply disappear and gold-prices would skyrocket overnight

Last edited by a moderator:
Back