• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[United Kingdom] Harry Potter Online -Custom Client-

slight delay with the big map update... kinda hungover as hell yesterday and got a really bad chesty cough today... urgh! lol
but it should be tonight or tomorrow =)

ok -still- dying from chest infection =/

update coming possibly Boxing Day

I can breathe!!!
I never knew how important it was until I couldn't do it properly for a few days lol

I now have nothing of importance to do until New Year's Eve, so until then it's time to crack on with the update. I've been playing around with several ideas for the server, including re-vamping the melee system to remove all weapons but have wands take less mp for attacks so even battlemages will be competent in battle. I will also be re-distributing some spells to specific vocations, but 99% of the spells will remain usable by any vocation.

The big update is most certainly on its way though, this update really will change the entire game, I'm holding back several new areas of the map especially for this update.

The main storyline quest has also begun, see if you can find the Horcruxes, you'll need to collect all seven of them to take part in the finalé. I won't spoil too much as there's still 4 more Horcruxes to put into the game before the final stage is available. But completing this quest will give you some very special stuff indeed.

Hopefully tonight's update will include updates to the Raid system. These raids, for now, will be invasions of animals and attacks by dark wizards on towns around the world.
Also, the apperation spell for premium account players will be enabled tonight. You will be able to cast this spell (it has a long exhaust to prevent abuse) by saying:
apperate "place name
this includes several hunting locations, I will put up a page on the website listing all of the locations, if you have any other locations to request then I'll add them right away (however, you cannot apperate into or out of Hogwarts, without assistance from a house elf or phoenix...)

There will also be several changes to Hogwarts, including the layout and design. I will soon be making it so you have to visit a teacher in Hogwarts to learn spells, or you can learn them from the Book Shop (which in the future will be player-owned). This will include most of the spells in the game, so please be warned before going into combat to check your spellbook to make sure you have the spells you need.

I have to pay for premium on an OT? No thank you.

you're clearly a moron that I'm quite happy to not have on my server. If you perhaps read the first post properly you'd realise the game is perfectly playable without a premium account, the premium account just gives you some bonuses.
Most of the premium-only spells are available on free accounts on this server, I only use the premium system to let people go to extra places and use other stuff such as special shops such as the Wand and Broom shops.
So, yeh, go play your FREE PACC ZOMG servers that take away the whole PURPOSE of a premium account... the PREMIUM part...

Are you using custom sprites? And if yes is there any outfit based on Dobby? If yes then i start playing. XD

More custom sprites would be nice.

As it is now, it seems you've only edited the words for spells and changed the sprites for wands.

I'll give it a chance though.

there's a lot of updates coming, especially graphical updates don't worry
there's a lot of stuff coming, i'm a one-person team at the moment so it's kinda hard to do everything lol

bump:
client and server big update coming around 1st of January, lots of changes to gameplay made :)

agree. first this server need a team. Or one year of work.

I searched for a team, nobody with any feasible skills applied, so I did it alone.

Edit: also, you've not been on in the last 2 hours, so stop pretending to have been playing.

Client Update will be released in the next 2-3 days, I just have a few small changes to make to the .spr and .dat before it's ready.

Also, if you own a Wand of Inferno, Cosmic Energy or Hailstorm rod you can Use the wand to change its type between the three. This is part of the new wand system so don't worry!

The major update is almost ready, only map changes and some small scripts are left to do. This update will include new spells and removal of 99% of the spells that have no real purpose right now.
Expelliarmus - this will cause your opponent (if player) to either have their wand put into their backpack or dropped on the floor below them. A very useful pvp spell.

The new arena, including team wars, will also be available in the update. You get to choose which team you are on, Aurors or Death Eaters, and battle your way against opponents. There will be tournaments so get making teams of 2-3.
Automatic events are also in the works, such as Quidditch (99% complete) and Lotteries (hosted by the Ministry of Magic).

There are so many updates coming I can't list every single one, but I hope this teaser of what's to come will stop you moaning about "omg it's not custom, it's so boring" and crap like that ;)

There's been a bit of a delay as I've been very busy, this project may also be sold depending on if I have the time anymore.

The update is almost ready, for instance you can "Use" your starting wand to change it between fire, ice and energy damage types (already implimented)

I will be adding, for now, an npc that you can buy runes from and mana/hp potions from (due to low population).

I'm just asking you give this server a chance before you say "oh it's shit 'cos nobody plays it".

Back