• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Warcraft III DOTA OT

fellesh

Swe, hun, eng, fr transla
Reaction score
Actually, playing Warcraft III DOTA, and idea poped up in my head. And that is to create a DOTA tibia server.
You have 2 teams, the Scourge and the Sentinel, and each of them have a base with many creeps spawning. And then the players would be heroes and you would have the same magics as in DOTA and the same items.
How it would work : You have your hero with no eq, or just basic equipment, and then you've got a bp with let's say 5 books, and the books are the spells, and at each levelup, you can chose in which magic you want to add.
And also, the buildings would have lives, so you can destroy them and so on. The items you buy can be put in the backpack, but it has only 6 slots. The healing stuff ingame would be potions.
There should be many many servers if we get a great number of players, and scourge login with 1/1, and Sentinel with 2/2, and then they can chose their hero, but you cannot login while game has started.
There should be a night/day system, like some servers already have, so i know it is possible.
And what would we need to create a server like this :
-People that know DOTA really good
-People that know the DOTA map and knows how to use a map editor
-People that are really good at scripting

Here is a little map to show you how the Dota map looks, it isn't so big after all:
DotaMapRoutesSecretsmall3.jpg
And also, there shouldn't be any custom sprites, because that would make even more work, and would be just more complicated.

So my question is : What do you people think of this idea?

i like Dota but i only like it cuz it's a GOOD AOS fir for Wc3, coverting this to tibie i think won't be a good idea. some reason's:

1. Dota is warcraft and not realy loved by many
2. it reminds people directly of warcraft and i don't think we want to confuse Tibia whit warcraft do who?
3.people in tibia tend to not like this kind of games since you can just rush your team towords the enemy statue and easily kill it; look at the many castle defense maps there are on tibia.

Dota is a good AOS but converting it to tibia. i say no.

There are also people who think it's a good idea..

I think it will be very funny, because of a load of crazy scripted spells and so on

To point 3: You can just make a script, which replaces the "main bulding" monster with an invincible monster till the towers are dead since there is a "onKill" script..

Code:
2. it reminds people directly of warcraft and i don't think we want to confuse Tibia whit warcraft do who?
--> There are enough people playing on dragonball ots and I think if it is a nice server there is no thing of being confused.
Why should they be confused even if it is about Warcraft?

I am ver interested in it..
I play dota every day, but I never can decide what I should play Dota or tibia so do Dota in Tibia xD

I will ofc try to help u if you need help..

Back