• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

What pushes players to pvp?

sokku

Reaction score
Pvp is one of the things what makes tibia interesting right? Quests, map spots, monster hunts are all great but player hunts are a little special. It keeps the world fresh. You never know when you might get ganked.
So why do you think players pvp? Is it for the exp, items or something else?
And also, what is your preferred pvp system?

Tibia players want to be "known". They do it to gain respect or to get leverage (get hunts/exp).

It's seriously the same reason people fight IRL... To show dominance and get respect. Or people like me that just like to cause wars because of the fact that I like to pvp

That's easy.

There are 2 reasons why I think people PvP:
  1. Money - Some people PvP to steal hunting spawns, Get loot (Players used to drop the best loot), and control the best areas of the map.
  2. Challenge - PvP is the most challenging style of combat possible in games. Once you beat AI in any game, you can basically always beat that AI. But players evolve, and are unpredictable. So it is much more fun and challenging.
You can use this when making a server. For example, if you have 50 players, and you COULD make enough hunting spots for all 50 players. Well... Why not making 2 really good hunting spots, and then a few worse hunting spots etc. This will force players to compete for the best hunting spots. Which to me, is some of the most fun game-play in Tibia.

Respect, money and bitches.
That's a nice idea flatlander. Too many spawns can also make a map too stretched out and make it empty. Smaller map = more player interaction.
I think that tibia would suffer from the same problems most multiplayer games have right now - untill players beat the content it's all good, but after they do there's not much to do. Unless you level up to level 500 and be the most overpowered character on the server but it can get boring too i guess.
So I thought about implementing a system where there is a max level and after you reach it you can only gain experience by killing players. The skull system has to be changed somehow to make that work. Players would get punished less for attacking other players (reduced skull time and frag count to get red skull?). What do you think?

Respect, money and bitches.
That's a nice idea flatlander. Too many spawns can also make a map too stretched out and make it empty. Smaller map = more player interaction.
I think that tibia would suffer from the same problems most multiplayer games have right now - untill players beat the content it's all good, but after they do there's not much to do. Unless you level up to level 500 and be the most overpowered character on the server but it can get boring too i guess.
So I thought about implementing a system where there is a max level and after you reach it you can only gain experience by killing players. The skull system has to be changed somehow to make that work. Players would get punished less for attacking other players (reduced skull time and frag count to get red skull?). What do you think?
Very interesting idea.... The highest player can only gain exp by killing other players.

Well with that, you would have to make a server were one player can solo other players, and also make it so that they cannot cheat by getting "free kills". (A way to do this would be make it so you can only get exp from a player once every 48 hours or something. So killing one player over and over isn't beneficial, and you'd basically need to be a mass murderer lol.

Well, player killing which would net you "kill points" or experience have to be restricted somehow. Maybe it can count only if you kill a player with a level diffirence of 10 or 5.
The experience lvl would stay the same so the first kill would be the hardest. The more players you kill the more "kill points" you get - you can enhance some of your abilites or get a hp boost if you wish so.. or anything you can think of. Or just gain more experience by killing. This way you'd get more powerful anyway.
If there was one player murdering the others then there will surely be hunting parties to stop the massacre. It really would be just one massive massacre.

I kill people in my spawn, or if their mexican/br/polish any of that rubbish race
^ I actually like people like this.

It adds to the RPG aspect of games. It is WAY more fun when people kill for a reason, rather than "I'm bored lets go kill random anybodies everywhere"

Back
Top Bottom