• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Which engine version is actually best to place new OTServ.

Permamently

Reaction score
Hello, I need help. I have got idea on new diffrent Open Tibia Server but i don't know at all which engine should I choose. I mean that I need engine which has best potential actually + softwares need to edit spr, dat and map are easily to download.
If you want to help me please write:
Engine version: ex. TFS 1.0
Tibia version: ex. 10.10
And why should I choose this engine.

I will be very greatful.
Thanks.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Sorry if it's wrong section but I didn't know at all where should I write because in Support section there is description: "Encountered an issue related to OpenTibia? Ask for support here." so I'm very confused.

latest tfs 1.x
latest tibia version supported by the latest tfs

why?
See the fixes and improvements between the ones above and the rest, but if you are a guy that have the thinking: "but most of servers are 8.6 and bla bla bla players like 8.6 bla bla bla", then disregard everything I wrote above and pretend I didn't exist.

latest tfs 1.x

why?
See the fixes and improvements between the ones above and the rest, but if you are a guy that have the thinking: "but most of servers are 8.6 and bla bla bla players like 8.6 bla bla bla", then disregard everything I wrote above and pretend I didn't exist.
You prefer anything doesn't support 8.6 :p

@Evil Puncker
latest tfs 1.x

why?

I don't really care that most of servers are 8.6. Thanks for your opinion.
Waiting for next.

If you ask me either go with an old server or the latest.
Why get stuck at 1.0, 1.1? I can get that ppl stay with 0.4, 0.3 because there is no 1.x versions out there that supports 8.6(atleast not public).
Go for 1.2, alot more things added, cleaner, more optimized etc.

Depends on many things. Can't say for certain which is best. Best for what? Best in general? Best stability?

I was an avid user of TFS 0.3.x when it was around, and came to love it. 0.2 was around at that time as well, but it was seen as more of a 'developers' distribution. TFS 1.x is based on 0.2, and lacks many of the 0.3/0.4 features I love. So, my solution was to hire someone to combine them and make my own custom version of TFS. I've come to call if TFS 2.0.x White Winter.

TFS 1.x is undoubtedly the most stable distro available, mainly because it has been kept up-to-date, and has always had a single developer behind it who manages the development. When it comes down to stability, the difference between TFS 1.x and TFS 0.3.x can be made negligible if data files are coded properly without memory leaks. Both can be extremely stable. I've seen people leave both online for hundreds of hours. TFS 0.3.x & 0.4 have always been full of features and more "experimental," while TFS 0.2 and 1.x have always been more of a "developers distribution." TFS 1.x was designed to be a foundation or starting point, mainly for good programmers with extensive knowledge and the ability to add whichever features they want. Whether intentional or not, this is how it turned out. I assume this is true because of Talaturen.

Both have pros and cons. Both can be improved. One just happens to be improving while the other is dead (development-wise).

My $0.02. Hope it helps. :cool:

Last edited:
Depends on many things. Can't say for certain which is best. Best for what? Best in general? Best stability?

I was an avid user of TFS 0.3.x when it was around, and came to love it. 0.2 was around at that time as well, but it was seen as more of a 'developers' distribution. TFS 1.x is based on 0.2, and lacks many of the 0.3/0.4 features I love. So, my solution was to hire someone to combine them and make my own custom version of TFS. I've come to call if TFS 2.0.x White Winter.

TFS 1.x is undoubtedly the most stable distro available, mainly because it has been kept up-to-date, and has always had a single developer behind it who manages the development. When it comes down to stability, the difference between TFS 1.x and TFS 0.3.x can be made negligible if data files are coded properly without memory leaks. Both can be extremely stable. I've seen people leave both online for hundreds of hours. TFS 0.3.x & 0.4 have always been full of features and more "experimental," while TFS 0.2 and 1.x have always been more of a "developers distribution." TFS 1.x was designed to be a foundation or starting point, mainly for good programmers with extensive knowledge and the ability to add whichever features they want. Whether intentional or not, this is how it turned out. I assume this is true because of Talaturen.

Both have pros and cons. Both can be improved. One just happens to be improving while the other is dead (development-wise).

My $0.02. Hope it helps. :cool:

Would agree on 1.0, but not 1.2 etc.
Alot of things are actually easier to change now compared to 0.3.
"Problem" is that they renamed everything, ex. a KNOWN and LOVED function was onStatsChange aswell as mayNotMove etc.
The function mayNotMove was removed, onStatsChange got moved into 2 diffrent functions, onHealthChange and onManaChange.

But atleast IMO 1.2 is far better then 0.3, in all aspects.
Not to speak about the code style of all 0.x versions :p

As a new member to OpenTibia, one who has never run a server before, I recommend you avoid putting yourself in this dilemma, where you're unable to decide what server to use because one has this and another has that... Downloading some pre-made data pack and learning how to start it up before getting into dealing with "what's better" and "what should be used" is probably the best place to start. Beginners should just get used to running a server first and learning the basics.

A good server (data pack) to start with is a custom Evolution project. There are a few decent ones available of many client versions. I've searched for some here. It's a fairly small map and doesn't require many system resources to run. And it's also a custom server, so you can have fun experimenting and adding whatever your imagination can come up with.

Learn the ropes. Get used to it. Have fun. ;)

Last edited:
Back