• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Why do you hate that ?

Lucian

Reaction score
Hello,
I have saw many comments that people didn't prefer EVO OpenTibiaServer for many reasons and it's a trouble for me because my next project is an EVO OpenTibiaServer, So i gonna ask you two questions wish you answer them.

At first :- Why do you hate EVO OpenTibiaServer ?
Secondly :- What would gonna attract you to play EVO OpenTibiaServer ? / What features if you found in EVO OpenTibiaServer it gonna break your hate against it ?

Hope you guys to answer me, To help me not destroying all i develop just editing it.

*** why do you always saying EVO doesn'/t worth any CUSTOMS and i shouldn'/t spent my hard work on EVP project ?

Thank you.

1. I don't hate it, but most evo have orsh exp, and map from otland.
2. What? Low stage (max level 800-900), new map, without downloading from otland. Shortly - good maps, good stage and good balance.

i started also once a evolution server but in those times it weren't that popular anymore..

However i just dislike the 9year old temple mappings, same scripts same maps all downloaded from otland, they are all the same.
we like to see creativity, making art of your work instead of running money pulling and crying for scripts here instead of learning the things you should know and put everything in your server your brain comes up to!

Evo servers have a bad name cause of people that just download the datapack from otland and putting it online without changing anything...

If you make an evo with some cool new scripts and some new maps people will try it :) just don't have too high exp rates and maybe make exploring a part of the server even tho there are tps.

good luck

Most if not all Evo's are just a downloaded datapack where they edit the temple and a few other things..
I mean sure, the very first time I played an Evo server it was alright but then they were all the same and sooooooooooooooooooooooooooo boring.
It's like people don't have any creativity or maybe they are just lazy as hell.
If people actually put in new custom monsters, items, quests, etc.. it would be decent.
The exp should also match the content of your server.. most Evo servers you can do everything in like a week. Then what?

Why I hate that?

1. I hate it because it takes no skill to open it.
2. Evo servers are used to make money (ONLY CAUSE)
3. No effort will be put into it.
4. 999999999999999999999999999999x exp.
5. 1000000 donation items which you NEED to keep playing.
6. Map is made in 5 minutes.

There are probably more reasons to hate Evo servers. But cba to come up with more. Good night.

Why I hate that?

There are probably more reasons to hate Evo servers. But cba to come up with more. Good night.

@Neon Omg you are the most one i saw, hate evo :O
What if there is no more donations / server base on collecting gold and minning / full upgrading items system "crafting"
New treaure hide in the map, tp room, quest room, not 999999999x the highest player.after 4 months will be 2.5 k
No loot just jewellery and gold and materials
4 New Systems have not seen brfore iam sure
2 New Events + local events such as LMS, CTF, etc
Evo map + custom edition ( at north there are 3 towns / south new caves ( not local dragon cave )

Last edited:
square maps.
teleports everywhere so it breaks the RPG style so its no more MMORPG but only MMOTRASH
its no skill as friend said
F1 F2 F3 F4 is only hotkeys you need sometimes just F1 F2 [ manarune + spell attack OP]
no interesting quests either labirynths or kill monsters for whole hour to get to one place
literally 13 yrs old kids everywhere
get boring after 1 day

Why I hate that?

Hah...

1. It dosen't require any major skills to open any server, just look at otservlist, 99.9% of the servers has pretty much everything from the otland download boards.
2. Not really, its easier to make money via an rlmap - download printers project, follow some tutorial on how to set it up on linux and installing lighttpd etc.
3. And all other servers types are so much better? There is pretty much no server type that always is good.
4. Same thing here, there are a crap load of evo's - atleast has been that had a max lvl of 400-500.
5. That is true, but the same thing goes for all other smaller servers thats online atm.
6. I would really like to see you make an evo server map in 5 min, really. If you can "waste" 5 min of your time and make a video of it I would really like to see what you come up with.

Just look at swev(after Rufus sold it the server went down but ye), Tibera(died out afters years of online time), Centera went good till he released it on otland.
I can go on and on..

Hah...

1. It dosen't require any major skills to open any server, just look at otservlist, 99.9% of the servers has pretty much everything from the otland download boards.
2. Not really, its easier to make money via an rlmap - download printers project, follow some tutorial on how to set it up on linux and installing lighttpd etc.
3. And all other servers types are so much better? There is pretty much no server type that always is good.
4. Same thing here, there are a crap load of evo's - atleast has been that had a max lvl of 400-500.
5. That is true, but the same thing goes for all other smaller servers thats online atm.
6. I would really like to see you make an evo server map in 5 min, really. If you can "waste" 5 min of your time and make a video of it I would really like to see what you come up with.

Just look at swev(after Rufus sold it the server went down but ye), Tibera(died out afters years of online time), Centera went good till he released it on otland.
I can go on and on..
What if there is no more donations / server base on collecting gold and minning / full upgrading items system "crafting"
New treaure hide in the map, tp room, quest room, not 999999999x the highest player.after 4 months will be 2.5 k
Evo map + custom edition ( at north there are 3 towns / south new caves ( not local dragon cave )

is it gonna be a good thing ?

1. I don't hate it, but most evo have orsh exp, and map from otland.
2. What? Low stage (max level 800-900), new map, without downloading from otland. Shortly - good maps, good stage and good balance.
that what i did on my server :d but level will be 3-4k and i made full map city/hunting/quests/new sets/new monsters everything :) i'll open it as soon as :D

is it gonna be a good thing ?

If you ask me anything above level 700 as max level is to much, the servers are always unbalanced and they tend to have crazy donation items.
It dosen't matter what is told in this thread, if you search you will find alot of them. The only way to get the best ot is to test it, make one thing ASK THE PLAYERS, change to what they want and keep doing that.
There is no way to make the perfect ot from day 1, all servers has had problems... even shadowcores had alot of issues when it first started and had like 30-80 players the first months till the server bumped to the 1-2k numbers.

If you ask me anything above level 700 as max level is to much, the servers are always unbalanced and they tend to have crazy donation items.
It dosen't matter what is told in this thread, if you search you will find alot of them. The only way to get the best ot is to test it, make one thing ASK THE PLAYERS, change to what they want and keep doing that.
There is no way to make the perfect ot from day 1, all servers has had problems... even shadowcores had alot of issues when it first started and had like 30-80 players the first months till the server bumped to the 1-2k numbers.
so it must be a beta version or discussion thread ?

so it must be a beta version or discussion thread ?

What? Im talking about that you will never start the perfect server right away, you need to listen to the players and do what they want. Otherwise the server will go down in a couple of days..

Back