• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

OMFG's spriting thread

OmfgRegister

Reaction score
This is a spriting thread for Camual OT

All custom sprites shown made by OMFG

I'm not showing off mapping, please keep the comments and critique to the sprites... All mapping shown here is just made specially to show off some sprite

Here are some ground sprites I made yesterday.. let me know what you think
2iafmes.jpg

Last edited:
Its by me and Erikas, but yea you got the right OT, diablo based.. when i said made by OMFG i was referring to the sprites to clear things up

Ahhok i helped with that server glad its still being developed :) would like to see alot more :)

Its coming along pretty good, i added a lot of open source sprites I found folders of weapons and armors on another site (all open source) so we have a good amount of custom sprites.. I made a script that makes converting larger images to 32x32 pieces quick and easy.. All of the ground sprites shown in that pic were created in a day. Some aren't perfect but its a start. As for the map we have the first two acts done, with quests. What did you contribute?

I was mapping for a bit idiid some nature etc but because of exams i had to leave. Erikas knows if needs anything i will help so
:)

And this script you have :eek: hows it work

The sprites look pretty cool, I mostly like the stone floor to the north east.

Its a macro, it takes an open paint program that i put in the top left of my screen for consistancy, then it selects the first 32x32 pixels of the picture.. it activates a different paint that i have open.. pastes the 32x32.. crops it.. does a Save As.. types in the sprite name.. hits enter.. activates the original paint program.. clicks off screen and starts all over again it can cut up any size pic and does it the x cordinates first then y, that way its really easy to make it auto align all the sprites in the dat file

Example.. that wood texture you see is comprised of 225 32x32 sprites.. it doesn't repeat until you get 15 tiles out
The grass 98 sprites

Ahh i thought u meant you can get a normal picture made into a sprite through the macro

Well every sprite you see there is a normal picture.. i just re-size and crop it in a size that's divisible by 32, sometimes have to make them tileable.. after i do that the macro does all the 'work'

Since Act II is mostly sand i made a huge sand texture.. it is 35 blocks wide. and 23 blocks high.. composed of a total of 805 sprites

wttzb6.jpg

Back