• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[9.80-9.86] The Forgotten Server v0.2.15 (Mystic Spirit)

Talking about the map?

Its just a small map been in the TFS for years without updates on the map, download and import another map from the download section.

O, is there a tutorial on "download and import another map from the download section" for this server?

@otibianerd it is bad form to spew questions like that. If you are going to ask people for help, take some time to investigate and provide as much information as you can to help solve your problem. Did you make the map yourself? Did you make the NPCs yourself? Did you modify their scripts? Do you know where they're supposed to be at? Have you ever seen them ingame before? Can you call them with Gamemaster commands? If you can't answer these questions, we should start with how to answer those and move forward.

Anyways, the source code links lead to a dead end... is that on purpose? Are they still available? I am looking for v0.2.14 source code specifically, but I would take settle for v0.2.15.. is anyone willing to hook me up with a link?

Can someone please point me in the direction of how to get this server running on a windows xp machine as the links in marks posts are broken.

Thanks

Sorry for being a noob, but is there any place to put mods into the server?

Being new isn't a bad thing, as long as you're searching for knowledge and not hand outs : ).

What kind of "mods" are you trying to add? I don't really know much about self contained mods that can be attached to a server.. but there are many things that you can do to edit the game play produced by your server:

Generally, the easiest modifications you can make are by editing ".xml" and ".lua" files found in your servers directory (for me these files are found in C:\...\Mystic Spirit 960\data\). MOST of the tutorials out there are for this kind of editing. If you are a beginning programmer, editing these files is all you really have the capability to do. The things you can edit here include editing/adding monsters, spells, vocation stats, item stats, actions in game, and many other things.

If you want to edit some game play function that is outside of these .xml and .lua files... you will have to download the source code for your server and edit the rather complicated code there. There are very few comprehensive guides to modifying the server source code. Modifying the source code requires much experience in the C++ programming language. Asking around, I was told how to get the source code for this server:

The source code can be downloaded using Subversion from this URL:
svn://svn.otland.net/public/forgottenserver/tags/0.2.14/

You will have to do research on what Subversion is and download a Subversion client in order to get the source code. Once you have the source code, you will have to read through it and understand how it works in order to modify it. Once you have (hopefully correctly) modified the source code, you will have to compile it. There are tutorials available on how to compile the source code for various "The Forgotten Server" versions.

Finally! If you want to edit how the client (i.e. Tibia.exe program) looks, you will need to look into programs like resource hacker and see what is possible. Client editing is extremely difficult as CipSoft does not distribute source code for their client. You CAN go another route and use the open-source otclient found on this forum, but it will take lots of time to understand the source code (just like it will take much time to understand server source code).

If you want to add some feature into your server/client. It is best to state what feature you want to add, and people on this forum can tell you whether it's a simple edit or involves some complex source code modification that most people don't have time to figure out themselves.

Opps! My previous post references 0.2.14 when this thread is about 0.2.15. The information should be valid for both server versions, just remember that if you choose 0.2.14 you will only be compatible with tibia clients up to 9.60/9.61.

I am struggling with a problem that makes the application crash when started, but I can't see what it is because it shuts down immediately. It is something with my database, I can read that.
I just downloaded the distribution and have only changed dbtype to mysql and the password. The applications doesn't crash with sqlite.

@mayel If you're using windows:

1. Open up MS Paint
2. Try and run the server, when it loads up, press "Print Screen" on your keyboard at exactly the moment the error happens (just before the server closes itself).
3. Click on the MS Paint window and press Control+V to see if you managed to capture a screen shot of the server's reason for crashing.
4. Repeat steps 2 and 3 until you have a screenshot of the error line that crashed your server.
5. Tell us what the error is.

:D

@lord321

The source code can be downloaded using Subversion from this URL:
svn://svn.otland.net/public/forgottenserver/tags/0.2.14/

You will have to do research on what Subversion is and download a Subversion client in order to get the source code. Once you have the source code, you will have to read through it and understand how it works in order to modify it. Once you have (hopefully correctly) modified the source code, you will have to compile it. There are tutorials available on how to compile the source code for various "The Forgotten Server" versions.

07.jpg
08.jpg

@lord321
I like this 0.2.15 and 0.2.14. They are both stable and similar.. 0.2.14 is just for 9.6/9.61 instead of 9.8/9.81 like 0.2.15.

Hey guys, if I'm having trouble to compile, more specifically with the
Code:
#include "otpch.h" 
#include <libxml/xmlmemory.h>
$(CPP) -c ../actions.cpp -o obj//actions.o $(CXXFLAGS)
Strings, respectively at actions.cpp , otpch.h and makefile.win files.
What should I try? I really don't know what to do...

Account.cpp file not found ; depot.cpp file not found ; depot.h file not found... are those files really missing?

Back