• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[Official OtLand Mapping Contest] August - City Gates

Which piece was your favorite?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Scarlet Ayleid

Advanced OT User
Senator
Reaction score

Official OTLand Mapping Contest
*( * Had to remove the logo because there were too many images =( * )

Rules for Voting
You may only vote once, anyone found to have used multiple accounts to vote on their favorite
piece will have their votes disqualified.
(Note this does not disqualify the contestant).
If the contestant is discovered to have told other people to vote for him/her, or has voted for himself, they will be
disqualified without warning, and not allowed to participate in another Official Contest for 3 month.
If you know who mapped what just by style, do not post saying who it is. You will receive an infraction for doing so.

Things to keep in mind when voting:
The theme, look at how close the mapper followed the theme, e.g. Lighting, details etc.

Contestant's Works

53375636.png
39460470.png
84021323.png

8h8QixB.png
ySTttpl.png

9UwTJ.png
JO6aSDP.png

3Ij3-dx.png
Ol-madk.png

2zpP_3g.png
PoDx414.png

jI3xKnM.gif

LVwmI.png

2BELxn.png
zZerK3t.png

aMRn8iD.png
htULuT.png

qMZtLxe.png

PVjJKsj.png

9Dn1V.png

8. DISQUALIFIED
2uf975j.jpg

BbD1chW.png

2zi39zr.png

c6IcHgH.png

30cuctk.png

1: Img 1 | Img 2 | Img 3
2: Img 1 | Img 2 | Img 3 | Img 4
3: Img 1 | Img 2 | Img 3 | Img 4 | Img 5
4: Img 1
5: Img 1 | Img 2 | Img 3 | Img 4 | Img 5
6: Img 1
7: Img 1
8: Img 1
9: Img 1
10: Img 1
11: Img 1
12: Img 1

Poll Fixes
Scarlet Ayleid - Changed Vote from 7 to 11
Luffy1255 - Changed Vote from 6 to 11
norse123 - Changed Vote from 3 to 12

Last edited:
many entries are really nice, but I have problems finding the gate (or the special thing about it) on most of them :ninja:

Bogart, what are you doing in number 3's pictures?
TWICE?!

hard choice, I really have at least 1 problem with each:
1 - Acceptable, but looks more like the entrance to a castle
2 - 1 useless pic, Huge mess imo, too spammed in some pictures
3 - 3 useless pics and imo fits more the theme of a bridge then a City Gate
4 - I don't mind the black to the left, but its too simple imo
5 - 3 useless pics, the last one would be enough, too many styles were mixed together, wood, stone, brown framewall, wood with railings, could have been better if it would be made with just 1 or 2 styles
6 - Good, I like the entrance, but the surrounding area was unneeded imo
7 - Acceptable, but I think there was too much nature :/
8 - The opposite of 5, too plain
9 - That looks more like a sewer entrance imo :/
10 - If the theme would have been a castle, it would have been perfect!
11 - Good, this one's pretty good actually, and I don't really have much to point
12 - Acceptable, but it looks like its more of a fortress gate(because of the arrows and the dead bodies) then a City Gate

tl;dr
Out of all these, I have to go with 6, it has a good balance of nature and actual city, even though I still think the surrounding areas was unneeded
I'm going with 11, it has an awesome vibe about it!

Last edited:
tl;dr
Out of all these, I have to go with 6, it has a good balance of nature and actual city, even though I still think the surrounding areas was unneeded
Maybe he made the surroundings because he's using it for something he's working on.
Or he has the mapperssyndrome, like most mappers have. You cannot fucking control yourself, once that motherfucking RME is open there is no way closing it.
One way in, no way out. :ninja:

Maybe he made the surroundings because he's using it for something he's working on.
Or he has the mapperssyndrome, like most mappers have. You cannot fucking control yourself, once that motherfucking RME is open there is no way closing it.
One way in, no way out. :ninja:
Maybe, but he could have just taken the picture of the area of interest :p

I like it too, don't get me wrong!
But for the actual contest, I think it was too much (the same with every other piece that has unnecessary pictures, like the first, second and the fourth pic on Entry 5)

You know, there are cities and castle cities, in which there are outer and inner walls, both are viable imo.

And I love number 9, even tho it looks like a sewer, it looks very sexy. Lets just say that its a wow-like undead city entrance, and it fits well.

Im still proud for my pic i dont care if no one votes it or anything :)

You know, there are cities and castle cities, in which there are outer and inner walls, both are viable imo.

And I love number 9, even tho it looks like a sewer, it looks very sexy. Lets just say that its a wow-like undead city entrance, and it fits well.
True, but I really didnt get a feeling of a city from the ones I said were castle-like)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back