• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[Netherlands] Ascalon World [8.70|Custom|RPG|Mid-exp] - IS ONLINE!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fare

Advanced OT User
Reaction score
[Sweden] Ascalon World [8.70|Custom|RPG|Mid-exp] - COMING BACK SOON!

13327-ascalon.png

SERVER IS NOT YET ONLINE!
Hello everyone! Today, I'm glad to present you my long-awaited server named Ascalon![/CENTER]

Ascalon is a custom RPG server with medium exp-rates. We use custom experience formulas which allow you to gain levels quickly but still require you to put some effort into leveling. Our map is fully custom and detailed. Many secrets await to be discovered by players of all levels.

Main Info:
divisor2.png
  • Ip: ascalon-world.net
  • Port: 7171
  • Uptime: 99.9%
  • Host: Dedicated server, 1gbit connection, 8gb RAM, Quad-core.
  • Exp rate: The experience table has been completely changed and you need much less total experience to advance to next levels, but overall it can be compared to a ~25x Tibia server. Exp-rate makes your first levels fast and easy to get, but with time its getting harder and harder. Thats makes you join the server much quicker, but high levels will still be hard to get.
  • Map: Our map is custom and never-seen, but it ALSO contains parts from our previous servers or public donated parts. There is 1 huge city and lots of hunting grounds and quests around. Right now, we have opened hunting grounds suitable for players under level 200 and believe that there are a lot of quests and things to do. Also we prepared a huge map for 200+ levels, which will be implemented into server once we finish all the minor details.
  • Server type: It's really hard to put this server into one category, we tried to include something for every player. Server has enough PvP features to be a PvP server, but it also requires a lot of exploring as in RPG servers.
  • Minimap: minimap.jpg(You can watch full beta-minimap by clicking the image)

Basic Info:
divisor2.png

As we already mentioned, we are using red and black skulls as punishment for unjustified kills. However, punishment is not as harsh as you would expect. As we are not using AoLs(amulets of loss) ingame, normal players have chance to drop any item from their inventory upon death. However you can never drop your backpack as we noticed that dropping it causes a lot of frustration among players. Players are able to buy blessings which lower chances to drop an item. Red and Black skulled players lose one random item from their inventory, no matter what. Black skulled palyers receive additional damage from other players.

Monsters are fully custom and their difficulty had been changed. All monsters have their own level, based on monster type. There is also a chance for a stronger level monster to spawn, which is stronger than normal monster of such type, but also has a better drop chance. Monsters with level higher than yours, will deal additional damage to you, and your damage to them will be lowered.
13321-2.jpg

While rotworms still are something you kill right after joining the game, killing a giant hammerman(cyclop smith) may be a challenge even for quite experienced explorers. But do not worry! To get an edge against the tough monsters, you can use a vast amount of spells and all of them are custom aswell! This gives you an unique feeling while going on a hunt or trying to complete a quest. Right, quests! There are tons of them, spread all over the map.
13322-3.jpg

Items on Ascalon are totally custom and unique. All items are divided onto groups, grades specifically. As your character advances, you will be able to obtain items with higher grade. There are no level requirements on items. The basic equipment stats are armor and resist. Armor protects you against physical damage, resist decreases damage done by magic. Upgraded items can have more benefits. Yes! You heard that right, upgraded items! Every item can be upgraded with special magic gems. Each upgrade adds additional stats to the item and reveals up to three empty slots for ability stones. Ability stones can be rarely looted from monsters, they are also obtainable through quests. Most of the time you will encounter sleeping ability stones. You have to use such stone to awaken it's power before you can see what ability the stone will provide. There are dozen of abilities every character can use.
13324-5.jpg

There will be numerous events on our server. Such events are being held by the most cheerful part of the staff, also soon we going to launch couple of automatic events which will be rotating every day.
13326-7.jpg

13325-6.jpg

13323-4.jpg

divisor2.png

This teaser contains only a small part of features we are going to offer you. Both old, dedicated players and newcomers will find something suiting themselves! Even if it could be complicated for newcomers to get into the server, with all those customized stuff, we tried to make everything clean and user-friendly.
Enjoy your stay!

SERVER IS NOT YET ONLINE!

Last edited:
Open thread
stopped reading at Comic Sans
looked at screens => they are interesting
started reading though I probably got eye cancer..

Looks great! :D

Can't wait to start! Looks amazing, clearly a ton of work put into this server.

Last edited:
Thanks for positive replies, I hope I wont disappoint any of you ^^

Finally, I am so excited about this server, I can barely wait.

WOW this looks so good, I'm going to try it for sure!

Hopefully it stays up for awhile.

HOLY FUCK!

Almost dropped my Reese Stick when I read thread creators name was Fare!

Amagad amagad amagad!

Looks great! Can't get any better than this! Just sad I have to wait 8h for it to come online >:[

Tibianic (a 7.4 server with 500 players average online) is down for the moment for some reason so it would actually be a great time to start this server now because I'm sure there's alot of other people (just like me) who went here to see if there's any interesting servers now while Tibianic is down.

At the time this server gets online, tibianic will probably be online and not as many players will try this server as it would be if it starts a few hours earlier. Just my thoughts =)

I'll play for sure though,

anyone knows if ; ghammie, greyshade or aihalas will play?

I'll most likely stick to managing server and helping people ;p
Greyshade won't, Ghamie will try it out probably

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back