• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[BASIC] Commands and their effects - From tutor to God!

Laur1

Banned User
Reaction score
Hello everybody!
I recently saw a post on Programming & Scripting-boards about this same subject. However there was no explanations about each commands and their effects, so I decided to clear them abit. Moreover I think that this kind of subjects belong to the Basic tutorials.

First of all all commands are usually available on specific access. Access, also known as "group", defines what kind of status your character is on. For example regular players are usually on access 0. Tutors 1, senior tutors 2, Gamemasters 3 etc...

There are usually groups up to around 5-7, depending on the version and ofcourse the server itself. Administrators can add, delete or edit groups and therefore all the abilities of all characters on these groups. From my own experience, group IDs from 3 to 5 are usually used on Gamemaster characters.

In this tutorial, I will split the groups in 3 sections:

1-2 = Tutors/Senior Tutors
3-5 = Gamemasters/Community Managers
5+ = Gods/Administrators

All in-game commands starts with slash "/", or some of them can be used with "#"-symbols. After these symbols comes the wanted command code, which is followed by some specific add-ons, depending on the command ofcourse.

So, let's start the list!

Usual commands which can be used on lower groups like Tutors and Senior Tutors:

/info playername - This command will show you the basic information about the specific player. Note that the player has to be online. It will show you the level, magic level, speed, IP-adress and account number but not password, along with a lil other info. On older client versions these informations will appear in your Default-channel on blueish text. Newer ones will pop-up a window on your screen with the info.

/getonline - Pops a list on your Default-channel on the same blueish text with all online players along with their levels, magic levels and IP-adresses.

Commands commonly used by Gamemasters and Community Managers:

/invisible or /ghost - Invisible is used mostly on both, newer and older clients but ghost-mode is newer one. These commands will turn you invisible to all characters, which are on lower group than your character. Ghost-mode will also... well, turn you into a ghost so other characters can walk through you. In some cases, /invisible does the same. You can turn back visible by doing the command again. You'll receive a green message everytime you change appearance.

/goto playername - This one will teleport your character either inside, or next to the target character, again depending on client version. Usually with a blue portal-effect, unless you are on invisible- or ghost-mode.

/goto x, y, z - Teleports your character to the given coordinates. For example: /goto 123,1234,12

/c playername - This command teleports the target player to you.

/send playername, x, y, z - Sends the target player to given position in the map.

/a number - Will move you the number of squares straight ahead of you.

/town townname - Moves you to the target city's temple. For example: /town venore

/t - Moves your character to it's temple position. Which means the hometown temple.

/t playername - Moves the target player to it's hometown temple.

/up - Hops you one floor up, if there is something to stand on, not empty space.

/down - Same as above but... down.

/B message - Broadcasts a red message to all characters online. NOTE the capital B!

/bc colour, message - Broadcasts a specific couloured text to all players. For example orange, green, white, blue etc... For example: /bc white You are dead.

#b message - This will turn your text red on all public channels, if it's already not. Might be used by tutors also sometimes. NOTE the symbol # and small b!

/summon creaturename - Creates a summon-creature. Works the same way as utevo res-spell but has unlimited summon amount and you can summon whatever creatures you wish. The creature follows you and doesn't attack anything unless you do. They don't drop loot, when killed.

/m creaturename - Makes a wild creature next to you. This one drops loot normally and ofcourse attacks all the players.

/ban playername - Directly banishes the target player's character or the whole account, depending on settings and client version. However, banishments are usually taken via the Rule Violation window but this one is useful for quick situations.

/b playername - Bans the IP-adress of the target player. Same as above. NOTE the small b!

/kick playername - Kicks the player out from the game.

/notations playername - Shows the amount of notations or the target player.

/i itemID, amount - Simply creates an item based on the item ID. The amount number has to be in the end, specially when making single items such as equipment and weapons. For example: /i 2400 1 creates a Magic Sword in your free slot. Remember to have free slots, or it drops the item on the floor, right under you. Makes usually a green flash-effect.

/n itemname, amount - Basically same as above, except that this one is alot more useful since it only requires the correct name of the item, instead of wandering around files to search for item IDs. Some items such as Stonecutter's Axe might have different typing-variations. In some cases, you don't need the amount number, when summoning single items. For example: /n magic plate armor, /n blood herb 25

/owner playername - While standing inside a house or a guildhall, this command can be used to switch the house owner. The items inside usually poofs to the last owner's depot but I suggest you to clean the house first since it doesn't work always.

/mc - Quite rare command but shows all the characters, which are connected from same IP-adress to spot multi-clienters.

/gmoutfit, /look looktype ID - GMoutfit works on some servers, it simply changes your outfit to GM one. On some older servers you have to use /look command with the looktype 75 and your GM character name. For example: /look 75 gm lauri

/cliport - This is also not-so-well-known command. After making this command, you can teleport around your screen by simply klicking there. Does also work through the mini-map, but it only moves you to the main screen edge at a time.

/clean - Cleans the items from the map floor. Remember that this might and most likely will cause a freeze.

/pos - Shows your position on the map.

Let me know if I missed something! Will be added! :)

And then some of the commands, which are usually only used by Gods and Administrators:

Usually these are more like monitoring commands, since ofcourse all the other commands are available for highest groups. Some of the earlier commands may have also been moved to this section to avoid abusing, such as item and creature making ones.

/closeserver - Closes the server from players, GMs and above will stay online, depending on the settings. There might appear a maintenance-message to players when they try to log back in.

/openserver - Opens the server back online to players.

/promote playername - Promotes the target character to next group upwards.

/demote - Demotes the player to the next group downwards.

/shutdown - Shuts the whole server down, everybody will poof out.

/s NPCname - Summons a specific NPC next to you.

/remove - Destroys whatever is in the next square ahead of you, except ground tiles.

/giveexp amount, playername - Might be on the other way around depending on the server. Adds the amount of experience points to the target player.

/addskill playername, amount and skillID/skillname - Not 100% sure how this works but try different variations with player name, amount of skillpoints and either typing the skill name or use skillIDs.

/attr - This is also quite foggy command to me but it adds statistics to weapons when used.

/max number - Sets the maximum online limit.

/reload target file - Reloads the wanted file. For example: /reload monsters, /reload scripts etc...

/z effectID - Shows the wanted effect on your character, like flame, death-shot, coloured flashes, notes etc... For example: /z 15. NOTE that this might cause a debug with unknown effectID.

And ofcourse there might be unique commands and abilities in different servers, but here are the basics! Hope this gave somebody something new or even help'd someone! Let me know if I missed something and will be added! :)

Last edited:
Thank you for your sharing
01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

04.jpg

05.jpg

Alot of these commands are out-dated. Probably 1/4 of them I have never seen used in any ot but overall it is a decent explanation of their functions.

Indeed. There are a few very rarely used ones and as stated in some of the descriptions, they might change depending on different things. But afterall, all of these commands exist in 99% of all servers from atleast 7.4 to 9.8. Depending on the version ofcourse.

And most of the God and Administrator commands actually are never used. But neverthless they still exist and can be done.

Back