• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Public opinion. What if a HARDCORE server was created? death=delete

Would you try to play with these rules?

• Yes, I'm curious

Votes: 14 35.9%
  • Not a very interesting idea

Votes: 20 51.3%
  • I would try but on a different basis.

Votes: 5 12.8%

• Total voters
your idea is actually to get rid of this persistent world, because it will no-longer exists if the player dies, I mean, a part of that "persistent world" will vanish as soon you die. so what's the point of it?
well, that's not really true. that world is not affected by personal loss. the game simply moves on without it. characters come and go. they all start from 0.

kinda like in real life. people are born and die. does the world end after someone dies?
no, life goes on and there's nothing anyone can take along.

what's the point after all? :p enjoy the game, have fun and try not to get mad if you lose.

"Life is easy to understand, you have birth, you have death. Simple stuff, even elves could grasp the concept."

well, that's not really true. that world is not affected by personal loss. the game simply moves on without it. characters come and go. they all start from 0.

kinda like in real life. people are born and die. does the world end after someone dies?

what's the point after all? :p enjoy the game, have fun and try not to get mad if you lose.

"Life is easy to understand, you have birth, you have death. Simple stuff, even elves could grasp the concept."
Even in games like fortnite or cod your impact stands in the map (example, you open a chest and it can't be obtained again).

But in this case everything gets deleted as soon you die. I'm not trying to convince anyone, but Wikipedia backups their sentences with a good bibliography on the bottom. The key here is to read the basis before starting from scratch (applies to everything).

Exactly. This may seem ridiculous or absurd, but see how the game changes the fact that death = delete. The game these days is full of bots, they are artificial people who give the emission of a large number of players but empty. It would be completely different here. People will have to be very careful because the game can end quickly, so for me every player who starts the adventure and continues it will be a real player, not a character made on a bot. Each item obtained will be of great importance to someone who has obtained it as never before, each action experienced will already make you a hero. Imagine that you are going to the ghost land near Carlin, and it's not a trip where you go to beat skeletons, collect loot, gain some experience and come back. Here, any expedition would be at great risk. Everyone would have to prepare like never before, because every trip can be a one-way ticket. You can't even imagine that with the introduction of this HARDCORE system, the game can become an even bigger and deeper RPG than ever.

I remember myself that I don't often die in tibia but when I do I loose 3 eq items and bp. Tibia is enough hardcore to rage quit after death. :D

What if you add mechanics from idle games or roguelites?

One thing im thinking of could be that the player gets 1% more exp for that account's highest character level death. If i die on my first try at level 25, all my new characters get +25% xp. On my second try with my +25% xp bonus, i get to lvl 75. But up until i die at lvl 75, i still have +25% xp. This % number only gets higher when you die.

So if all players start with +0%, or as normal Tibia 1x it will be a pretty slow start for most players, but as the server lives on, the higher the level players get. After a while (at least myself) a player would think, is it worth to die now, to get a boost in xp bonus?

omg yes pls!! I think it will be amazing especially with inverted stages, I've also seen skill stages somewhere around here.. if you're serious about it I'm definitely in as player/game dev.

I agree 100%

Atleast having some sort of highscore to it which makes people want to keep trying, highest level achieved/most frags/most days alive > reward to account(i.e characters created in the future).
Some sort of currency thats gained when you for example gain XP, Once you die on that character your account receives that currency.

etc etc

Of course, such a ranking would be created. Which would describe your character in detail. There would be 2 rankings, normal and eternal glory. The normal ranking is a ranking showing people who are still playing, and eternal glory to those who have already died. Of course, such a thing would exist + I would also introduce achievement tables, how many monsters have been killed by each person, achieved in Quests when he was close to death, i.e. very detailed information about a given character. The eternal glory ranking would even have a separate page with all those who tried their hand. Accurate data on how many people tried, data on how many accounts/professions/gender created, what monster killed players most often, who hasn't defeated this and that yet. As for any benefits gained by hitting a certain level and dying at a certain level, I'd have to think about it. You could add something that would make the start easier and save some time, but it would have to be carefully thought out so that it does not disturb the gameplay.

I was thinking
Of course, such a ranking would be created. Which would describe your character in detail. There would be 2 rankings, normal and eternal glory. The normal ranking is a ranking showing people who are still playing, and eternal glory to those who have already died. Of course, such a thing would exist + I would also introduce achievement tables, how many monsters have been killed by each person, achieved in Quests when he was close to death, i.e. very detailed information about a given character. The eternal glory ranking would even have a separate page with all those who tried their hand. Accurate data on how many people tried, data on how many accounts/professions/gender created, what monster killed players most often, who hasn't defeated this and that yet. As for any benefits gained by hitting a certain level and dying at a certain level, I'd have to think about it. You could add something that would make the start easier and save some time, but it would have to be carefully thought out so that it does not disturb the gameplay.
I was thinking about the deletion part and I think setting Temple in some spirit realm maze that is nearly impossible to cross would be lit cause it keeps players alive, they'll all have one shot at no getting there upon aac creation and they got a slim chance of returning from the spirit realm with unique items or stay trapped eternally (and be ranked)

I'm already working on that I would love to join forces for a nonprofit server.

instead of player deletion, they are sent to a sanctuary where they can still be logged in and do some pvp. Not gain more XP though.

What if you add mechanics from idle games or roguelites?

One thing im thinking of could be that the player gets 1% more exp for that account's highest character level death. If i die on my first try at level 25, all my new characters get +25% xp. On my second try with my +25% xp bonus, i get to lvl 75. But up until i die at lvl 75, i still have +25% xp. This % number only gets higher when you die.

So if all players start with +0%, or as normal Tibia 1x it will be a pretty slow start for most players, but as the server lives on, the higher the level players get. After a while (at least myself) a player would think, is it worth to die now, to get a boost in xp bonus?
I can't see adding any bonuses or stages. As you wrote, at some point you would wonder if it's better to die or play. It's all about surviving at all costs. Look at it another way now Tibiantis is mega popular, and he deserves it. The beginning of the game is difficult, because we know we have no equipment, little skills, and little life. In the later stages of the game, the game becomes easier and easier, gaining skills, equipment or level + there are also runes that heal and attack us, we just have to tighten the belt and consistently develop the character. Tibiantis is difficult because you have to spend a lot of time creating runes, regenerating health and the overall character development process is long. Only there, you can always buy something with real money. For example, runes from the online store (not from the official website), but through private people, in-game money, some items and even though the game is difficult and demanding, if you have a crown set + a good weapon at level 8, not a chain armor and leather shield, the game is immediately easier despite these rules on the server. Here, as I wrote, there would be no trade between players, here everything you get yourself is the only way you can get it. So the game immediately becomes more difficult and, in my opinion, much more interesting.

instead of player deletion, they are sent to a sanctuary where they can still be logged in and do some pvp. Not gain more XP though.
No no no... DEATH=DELETE and that's it, there's no such thing as coming back to life. You could create something like "Heaven" a place where the player would go after death to be able to settle the last matters in the game and say goodbye, then 2 hours after death, the character would be blocked and automatically put on the Eternal Glory Ranking.

I don't want players who have more friends, money, or anything that doesn't belong to the game to have an easier time. This one would be created with people in mind and submitting to a challenge that no one has ever done before, and thanks to which, if successful, we can earn. As I wrote, the only thing you can buy is a premium account to be able to maintain the server, but by gaining levels in the game and reaching certain thresholds, I myself pay out of my pocket, even if the server does not earn real money reward for those who took up the challenge .

You sure? That's a lot of money if you sell it in Item Shop. 🤣
Is it all about server money for all of you? And everyone is looking at how easy it is to make money? Big corporations once introduced micro payments, and this is how it is supposed to be adopted everywhere to take as much from a person as possible? Fortunately, I have an organized private life and I don't complain about money and I don't need to add more because it's good as it is. The server would only have a Premium account so that the server could stand and that's it. NEVER ANYTHING MORE.

Take a look at Tibia, recently we could read in an article that Cipsoft had record earnings it never had, 25 years after the game was released!!! Something amazing. And why did it happen? By introducing the Tibia Coins shop and currency in the game. Not only is the game not completely free, but it also has a store with micro payments stuffed to the brim. This is how corporations operate, they don't care if you like it or not, because they know that some people buy it anyway, which gives them real income. And that's how we're all supposed to act because profits are the only thing that matters? For me, Tibia was much much much more worth and more substantial back in the old days. Remember when there was version 7.x and how each server was overcrowded, and at one time over 90,000 people were playing on all servers? What could you buy then? Only Pacc and nobody complained about not enough to buy or anything. Everyone knew that by buying a premium account, we had more opportunities for character development, and in the later stages, you just had to have it, and that's it! Nothing else, just the opportunity to explore a further corner of the world, no boosts, no facilitations. And now? Without premium, there is nothing to start, the shop is loaded with everyone in turn, do I regret it? Yes, because Tibia has gone towards these small micro-transactions and thus the servers that are OTS also have it, completely spoiling the satisfaction of the game. I know that no one is forcing me to play there, but the OTS market has become narrow and there are not as many servers as before, and if we want to play anywhere, we can find it practically everywhere.

Last edited:
No no no... DEATH=DELETE and that's it, there's no such thing as coming back to life. You could create something like "Heaven" a place where the player would go after death to be able to settle the last matters in the game and say goodbye, then 2 hours after death, the character would be blocked and automatically put on the Eternal Glory Ranking.

I don't want players who have more friends, money, or anything that doesn't belong to the game to have an easier time. This one would be created with people in mind and submitting to a challenge that no one has ever done before, and thanks to which, if successful, we can earn. As I wrote, the only thing you can buy is a premium account to be able to maintain the server, but by gaining levels in the game and reaching certain thresholds, I myself pay out of my pocket, even if the server does not earn real money reward for those who took up the challenge .
yea i definetly understand. What i meant was they are sent to a place far away from the 'living' players and cant even send mail, use bank etc. no need for money when you are dead. Could even change a players outfit to skeleton/ghoul. Sending messages could also be blocked between living and dead players with help of LUA scripting

yea i definetly understand. What i meant was they are sent to a place far away from the 'living' players and cant even send mail, use bank etc. no need for money when you are dead. Could even change a players outfit to skeleton/ghoul. Sending messages could also be blocked between living and dead players with help of LUA scripting
That's more or less what it would look like. To be in a place where we can just get things done, I don't know guild related, give the leader to someone else, say goodbye and that's it. No interference with players who play normally.

I’d play this ot but yeah it’d probably never be successful just because of (like ppl said) deaths not deserved in a sense. You would need round the clock admin maintenance resolving wrongful death tickets etc. cool concept and yeah I’d STILL play it lol hope one like this comes soon

Back