• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Public opinion. What if a HARDCORE server was created? death=delete

Would you try to play with these rules?

• Yes, I'm curious

Votes: 14 35.9%
  • Not a very interesting idea

Votes: 20 51.3%
  • I would try but on a different basis.

Votes: 5 12.8%

• Total voters

Trojkat

Reaction score
Hello, recently I've been admiring the phenomenon related to World of Warcraft. The game has received a lot of updates over the years, completely turning the game into a different one from the original idea. The same with Tibia, which now looks completely different than the older versions. But getting to the point. WoW classic (the first part of the game, without any additions, the most difficult and time-consuming version) experiences a phenomenon that came from the community, such as HARDCORE Server. The game is normally based on all mechanics from the old game, but people made something like hardcore mode exactly death=delete character. In World of Warcraft, you can also die in a thousand ways, but you have lost nothing but time to return to the place of death as a ghost.
In Tibia, too, there used to be an option at the very beginning of the game that if you died, you lost everything. What do you think, would it be nice to create such a server, based on whatever version, but I'd bet close to version 7.1-7.4, on hardcore rules, but... There would be other rules that also partially prevail there.
That is:
  • No possibility to trade with other players, the Trade system would be disabled + a system would be introduced that each player dropping any item and then throwing it on the ground, the other player would also not be able to pick it up, because each loot would get a personal id from the owner of the killed monster or Quest, and only the player could move it but not pick it up. (Trading with NPCs would not be changed, all items that could be bought in real would work the same + the ability to buy runes in the shop).
  • Limited PVP, a PVP trigger command would be introduced. The world would be completely non-pvp, and only with the consent of two players will they be able to duel. The command would fire a white skull for 5 minutes, and if another player notices and wants to kill someone with a skull, they would also have to fire it with the command. And if we fire PVP, we won't be able to turn it off for another 5 minutes (not including PZ).
  • Safe disconnection. We know well what the world of Tibia is like and the older ones still know what the traps used to look like, in the hardcore world there would be a lot of people who will always interrupt out of spite, so I would introduce exit=monsters are blind and do not beat for a while, and the character is logged out in a few seconds, and if we logged in and someone was even waiting for us with a trap, then we can also give an exit right away, and it works the same.
  • People can argue in a party and then there would be shared exp. (Without adding someone to the party, we can't use spells like exura sio, exura gran mas res on someone else).
Now, am I going to be honest with you? Who would play it and why? Stupid rules, try it yourself, I won't waste my time on such a thing. What if the game was about money? It is known that money also rotates here, because that's what you do to have something out of your time.
I pay the money, pay the host, and pay the first winnings, the transfer would be made on the same day as the level was entered:

• First 10 level: 5$
  • First 20 level: 15$
  • First 30 level: 35$
  • first 40 level: 60$
e.t.c.

The only thing that would be introduced to the store is a premium account, with a small price but paying premium for the entire account, not only for the character, so even if we die, we will immediately have a premium account when we create a new character on this account.

Exp I would introduce 1x skill multiplier 1x, Magic 1x. The rules I presented. Spells, trading with NPCs, monster strength would be exactly the same as on a given version.
You don't even know that the fact of playing Hardcore takes on a completely different gaming experience that you won't get anywhere. Here you have to have eyes in the back of your head, and be careful all the time, and an ordinary trip can turn into a new adventure.

I don't really know what motivates the playerbase of ots nowadays but I kinda like the idea, the only "flaw" I see is that with such low rates and such a hard punishment you will end up suffering from player retention after the first few deaths (Specially if they feel they don't deserve it, like those heavy combos that happen once in a while with groups of creatures).

One way to maybe embellish the system would be to give some type of "Account Currency" depending on the character they lost. Which they can use to start up a new one in a higher level than 1, or with better skills, items, you name it. That way, everytime they die they will be working towards an easier start, independently of the success they may have with their "new" character.

Safe disconnection - means people will be using exactly same 'chicken' scripts as on Diablo.

It won't work at all, not even worth to spent a minute on such project.

but I'd bet close to version 7.1-7.4

First reason why i wouldnt play

In Tibia, too, there used to be an option at the very beginning of the game that if you died, you lost everything. What do you think, would it be nice to create such a server, based

Not interested to loot for long time then to die by a random reason
2023 no one is interested in something like this

Exp I would introduce 1x skill multiplier 1x, Magic 1x

Are we moving fast or slow as on old version?
Im not interested to move 20mins for one spot

Its Just my opinion not a hate :D

2023 no one is interested in something like this
There are successful games where death is more than "click respawn". In RuneScape you lose a lot of items, in Albion you lose everything, in Dark & Darker (new game so not yet successful but its popular enough) you lose everything. In Path of Exile or Diablo people play on Hardcore as well.
Its a matter of game and not the mechanic. I don't think that Tibia has "it". The fact that you can block someones escape path without engaging in PvP, griefing would be massive.

Last edited:
There are successful games where death is more than "click respawn". In RuneScape you lose a lot of items, in Albion you lose everything, in Dark & Darker (new game so not yet successful but its popular enough) you lose everything. In Path of Exile or Diablo people play on Hardcore as well.
Its a matter of game and not the mechanic. I don't think that Tibia has "it". The fact that you can block someones escape path without engaging in PvP, griefing would be massive.

Well my bad I mean
2023 no one is interested in something like this in tibia*

The idea itself he has is not bad at all but its tibia

if the game is fun it's np to restart from 0
every old game used to be like that

think of it as a good way to regulate your online time :p

In Tibia, too, there used to be an option at the very beginning of the game that if you died, you lost everything. What do you think, would it be nice to create such a server, based on whatever version
imo it would be fun if based on that version at the very beginning of the game pvp included

Hey!
So honestly, i think this concept is amazing :) there is one ot so far ive seen pull it off.

Its a sword art online server. The issue with this OT is that the 'floor bosses' will just randomly fuck you over despite being tanky etc. There is maaany random factors which make the hardcore aspect there annoying as hell as you obviously lose all your progress to absolute RNG.

Other than that The server really does it perfectly. The fact that you grind stat stones to grind yourself to be eigher insanely tanky or killing monsters before you die makes it so staying in a 'easy to do' area doesnt feel like Shit because you still progress to feel strong enough for the upcoming areas.

All the people above that said no had a bunch of valid reasons, and honestly just watch path of exile. i dont think id ever play that game on hardcore, but thausends of people do so! Offering an alternative version to your server where people can play on hardcore with some semi boosted rates to not make releveling your character and gearing up just stupidly boring is also a smart idea.

Anyways "if you think something is a good idea just try it" No ones opinion here matters. in the end there will for sure be some people who enjoy such a niche project

what about, no depot system, no bank system, so all your items and currency is always with the "character" so if you die, you lost a % of your total currence, exp, items, stats, etc..

so it will be like a hardcore "die" server.

what about, no depot system, no bank system, so all your items and currency is always with the "character" so if you die, you lost a % of your total currence, exp, items, stats, etc..

so it will be like a hardcore "die" server.
FIRST DEATH ON YOUR CHARACTER = DELETE CHARACTER. Depot will be working same as real Tibia.

The idea was born mainly because the current Tibia is some kind of joke with 2000+ levels. And people who play or start playing on the old real 7.4 with 2x exp can hit level 40 in a few hours, playing in a team. Tibia is so old that every veteran should know the RL map, so it's also a big help, but just by creating hardcore mode, people will start to think completely differently than before, they will have to be vigilant like never before, so I thought it was an interesting idea to quit challenge who will go next.

FIRST DEATH ON YOUR CHARACTER = DELETE CHARACTER. Depot will be working same as real Tibia.

The idea was born mainly because the current Tibia is some kind of joke with 2000+ levels. And people who play or start playing on the old real 7.4 with 2x exp can hit level 40 in a few hours, playing in a team. Tibia is so old that every veteran should know the RL map, so it's also a big help, but just by creating hardcore mode, people will start to think completely differently than before, they will have to be vigilant like never before, so I thought it was an interesting idea to quit challenge who will go next.
If you think that people will "start to think completely different than before", you are wrong. Most will think the same, do the same, die to random thing and ragequit. That's it. Unless you expand the idea, it won't succeed.

who would keep grinding exp until they literally bored themselves to death?
ofc those who like it would play differently.

a lot of people try to collect loot, gold, runes to have fun later.
the trick is to have fun every single time you login so you can never regret it.

tibia is a very re-playable game. how many countless times have you not started a new character?
older versions play best on lower levels anyway. it's like fresh ots every day and fire field fights forever

good idea just try it" No ones opinion here matters. in the end
+1

Last edited:
go to the game basis, what is mmorpg?

check the line that says:
"...by the game's persistent world (usually hosted by the game's publisher), which continues to exist and evolve while the player is offline and away from the game."

and your idea is actually to get rid of this persistent world, because it will no-longer exists if the player dies, I mean, a part of that "persistent world" will vanish as soon you die. so what's the point of it?, at the end you're taking off a fundamental part of mmorpg by definition.

If you think that people will "start to think completely different than before", you are wrong. Most will think the same, do the same, die to random thing and ragequit. That's it. Unless you expand the idea, it won't succeed.
I agree 100%

Atleast having some sort of highscore to it which makes people want to keep trying, highest level achieved/most frags/most days alive > reward to account(i.e characters created in the future).
Some sort of currency thats gained when you for example gain XP, Once you die on that character your account receives that currency.

etc etc

Back