• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Exola Rpg Mapping Thread

GhostX

Mapping Board Moderator
Staff member
Board Moderator
Reaction score
Twitch
ghostxpr0
Applications Here
Discussion Here
Spriting Here

Can i just make something clear, at no point is this thread a showoff thread. It is merely just a map progress thread. It is not to make you go "WOW WOWOW" nor is it to make you go "Neon is better". Can new members also refrain from making out they are the worlds best mappers when it took me 18 months to be half decent, and i'm pretty sure Hesten, Neon, Peroxide, Demon~ (sorry if i miss anyone, i love you all the same :p) took a long time also, well.. Neon was born like this but yh :)

Ok, so i have been mapping for about 18 months on and off, i have noticed a great improvement in myself and hence, i'm opening this thread to show my progression of mapping aswell as showing parts from my map of my project.

The lack of NPCs is due to the lack of scripters for my project and lack of time on my behalf, since i can only map or script with the time i have, since i'm not advanced in lua or any code-like programming, i tend to stick with the mapping side of my project with the time i have! :)

That aside, here are a few shots from the beginner island (Theosis), where level 1-5 you will be running around completing various quests and thus, unlock more parts of the city as you move along your adventure. At the beginning most parts of the city are "locked down" due to a mass infestation of a zombie-like virus. Once certain quests are achieved you can unlock new shop services, new areas of the town and ultimately gain your pass to the mainland (since the "rook" is joined with the mainland, yet closed to other cities forever! :eek: After Theosis, you don't have to worry about zombies anymore.. OR DO YOU!?

So Let's Begin...
Edit: just realised tower bug thing xD will fix but cba now
untitled.png

3.png

2.png

z.png

dark.png

horsingaroundlol.png

Ignore the empty areas, just a medical tent.. xD
5.png

hmm a bit of a wide road .. i'll change this a bit but yh..
4.png

6.png

7.png

So yh! :p

Last edited:
Sorry I didint read what u wrote because that text hurts my eyes >.<

Anyways, I like the medical tent! xD

I like how you made a story on most pics. Maps look pretty good too, altough some places look a bit messy at the beach, herbs and grey debris in the nature.

Cheers, the herbs are staying since i they are unmoveable and herbs grow in nature anyway...
Also yh i overspammed beach, since it seemed abit bare, and the grey debris is staying as there is a volcano on the island and it is all rock underneathe etc etc, i'll post a pic of the volcano soon, it's almost finished :)

Since when grow sea anemones on beaches? And I dislike the grey gravel on the grass.

Evan!? what auto border!? That is 99.99999999999% raw. LOL and anyway

And can new members stop using my thread to increase their posts by stating things like above. I don't use autoborder anymore, haven't for about 18 months now! I only use the non raw water and earth for variation only. I then MANUALLY border.

And as stated in the title.. It is RPG therefore not too much spammed details also regarding the gravel on grass, as stated before, if people care to read, this island is a volcano and tehrefore on a mountain, therefore gravel can be seen on grass.. I am pretty sure i have seem gravel on grass before in REAL LIFE.

NOW SERIOUS CRITCISM like ChiSka posted.

Bump with pics:

My tomb, cba to write a story, maybe will when have time.

1.png

7.png

6.png

5.png

4.png

2.png

3.png

11.png

12.png

13.png

9.png

Inspired by Luffy :)
10.png

14.png

15.png

16.png

Last edited:
3.png

Don't like how the pillar is enclosed with the fence for no reason. Everything else is fine.

Thanks for picking up on that, theres meanna be a flame on top of it, like a torch. Cheers

9.png
<->
2bD1P.png

10.png
<->
sk3ps.png

I wont consider it a ripoff, I'll asume you liked it that much to use the idea. So thank you for liking it that much. Cough, adding inspiration of who you got isn't that freaking hard, it takes 2 seconds, douche. cough.

Last edited:
:) yh the last pic i got inspiration from that, will edit that into the post, but the book screen was not inspired by you, i have like 10 rooms full of books which link to quests, i also have a book artifact quest section that is like the assassin's creed book idea and you cannot claim credits just because you had a book on your map? AREUMADBRO? (trollface).

I couldn't quite remember who did the key pic, so i didn't put "inspiration from" but now i know cheers.

:)

9.png
<->
2bD1P.png

10.png
<->
sk3ps.png

I wont consider it a ripoff, I'll asume you liked it that much to use the idea. So thank you for liking it that much. Cough, adding inspiration of who you got isn't that freaking hard, it takes 2 seconds, douche. cough.

Dude really? XD I can do the same to you :D The style you used is a ripoff from my Asylum :(:(

I really like the tomb's style, you made some creative pathways and all (I mean the first pics, not the ones inspired by Luffy or whatever, tho these are great aswell).

But seriously, you gotta improve your lava and dirt mountain bordering, they look awfull. Dont make them straight as building, make weird shapes to them since thats how nature is.

Back