• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Exola Rpg Mapping Thread

As a hole I think it's decent, but at the same time I think some of the detail will be lost on the players. The only thing I might change is how much detail is packed into the area. I've noticed in past experiences and watching the community change over the 5 years I've been around ots that, once people play for a certain amount of time the map details just tend to blur together and stop standing out. It's like sticking your hand under hot water, in a short amount of time you become used to it. One of the things that made servers like TLL successful was the shear simplicity of the mapping style. Everyone agrees (atleast that I've met) that TLL had an incredible map but if you look at it there simply just isn't that much detail. What made the map shine was the scripting.

Really nice dude, I really like the story and the detail of the mapping and storyline, especially the medical tent, it reminded me of 28 days/weeks later and Resident Evil!

As a hole I think it's decent, but at the same time I think some of the detail will be lost on the players. The only thing I might change is how much detail is packed into the area. I've noticed in past experiences and watching the community change over the 5 years I've been around ots that, once people play for a certain amount of time the map details just tend to blur together and stop standing out. It's like sticking your hand under hot water, in a short amount of time you become used to it. One of the things that made servers like TLL successful was the shear simplicity of the mapping style. Everyone agrees (atleast that I've met) that TLL had an incredible map but if you look at it there simply just isn't that much detail. What made the map shine was the scripting.

If you put your hand on hot water for a while you dont notice the heat anymore after some time, but after taking your hand out and putting into cold water you will feel the huge difference.

Just saying.

@All above posters, lots has been added, i decided to move the zombie rook area to a "sub-rook" so once level 5, you begin quest of life like stated before and get "shipwrecked" at this place etc :p

I'll do some mega ass long story with pics soon (had so much work to do and am only active during weekends as of now)

But i guess, stay tuned ;)

Back