• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

My try on mapping

hxzr

Reaction score
First I'ma post an example related to another post and i'd like you to post whatever comes to mind like you always do;

testj.jpg

To be continued once I've confirmed my theory.

53534918.jpg

The concept of a canal

95181931.jpg

Arriving to the world for the first time

81175805.jpg

Once you have exterminated the rodents, you will aid jacks sis who aid the wounded and sick in this building!

75612092.jpg

This is where the world "ends".

Last edited:
Very plain, barely anything to see. Try mapping some nature around it, trees, mountains, etc. Also try not to keep your buildings squarish.

Last edited:
The bread and the metal plate will give you errors in console, if you are going to have this house on a server.
(ERROR: Moveable item in house..)

Tip: You should take a picture when you have it zoomed out and put some nature around it ^^
I really like the house it is a nice house to have if you would put it to a server :)
Just make the "table" openable.

Well done :)

Where's the hate on my mapping skills?! where did all the trolling go?:S Anyways updated the first post with a more pics which im actually trying on..

Last edited:
Dude they are great,and they would be even better without auto border.so keep trying.

Sup with all the autobordering comments i see everywhere? could ya point out something specific? Thou I hate the randomization we had on the sea there.. X(

I love the second picture<3

MHM!

17485464.jpg

On our way...

To reflect over this; Sure it didn't take long to create this one, my goal is to keep the environment simple, try not to put way too much details into it yet it shouldnt be plain (like my first picture) But I believe on this one I'd like to have some kind of lightsource on this one, perhaps i'd make a few modifications?

Tried one or two things, this is how it turned out;
71888081.jpg

first or second?:D

first one is better the other is too dark i think,
maybe you can add some fire lamps,
add some gravel and some bushes more,
the mapping is good keep it up ;)

You should get spammed by email or so when someone quote you imo.. i want answers :(

Anyhow, been abit stuck with work so havent had time with this hobby (my project included) but I'd like to still point ya'll to http://otland.net/f37/project-untitled-project-93165/ and http://otland.net/f61/lookin-consultant-94466/

When it comes to my mappin' I'm still stuck @ choosing the type of nature for each zone.. so i rather share an overview with a very decent explanation. (will update this part abit later)

(nature around not done thou)
15136811.jpg

Some kind of ruins where you save a woman(which turns out to be a very special person), havent added a cage which she's held in due to I'm still unsure how to script it.
I know there is some kind of cage somewhere, but any ID's?

I tried this and a part of me say NO.. but any better ideas?
8try.jpg

Last edited:
64328221.jpg

just some random environment from the starting zone

Back