• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[Germany] [Custom] Ironcore - The True Ironman Experience

Server Website/AAC
https://ironco.re/
Server Address
ironco.re
Server Port
Client Protocol

Sizaro

Advanced OT User
Solutions
Reaction score
GitHub
coldensjo
header.png
I'm thrilled to introduce something that has been years in the making: Ironcore - The True Ironman Experience.
This journey began as a passion project, aimed at creating a game I'd love to play myself. Over the years, it has evolved through various protocols, complete world overhauls, system updates, client tweaks, and website redesigns.
After dedicating over a thousand hours to its development, I can now proudly present Ironcore to you all.

Ironcore is 100% custom-built, featuring a world inspired by the original Tibia map. There's no copied content. The game's design is led by the mastermind Breadward, who has been doing most of the mapping live on Twitch.
The game is currently free—no shop, no donations, and no locked content. We are fueled by passion, and that's how it will stay. We guarantee that we will never offer paid advantages in the game. Should the project's direction ever risk changing that commitment, I promise to maintain at least 51% ownership and shut it down without hesitation.
Ironcore is crafted for the solo player. It offers a mysterious world where the gameplay itself is the main attraction. Our core principle is that fun comes first, always.

Key Points
  • The world is built with nostalgia in mind. Things that break the nostalgic feel are added carefully.​
  • Combat is fluid and fun, it is where you'll spend hundreds of hours. It should be the main focus when creating a fun game. You won't be luring 20 monsters and using area spells to kill them. If you're looking for that kind of experience, then there are hundreds of copies of that you can play all over the open tibia community.​
  • As the game is stripped of many bloated features, it remains relatively bug-free. And the smoothness of the game is kept in mind at all times when adding new features.​
  • You will be challenged, the world is designed to be tough, and that's the point. If you need help, ask other players.
  • The goal is to create a solid foundation for future development.
Gameplay
  • In Ironcore, you can become whatever you want. Your vocation will always be Warrior. The Warrior is versatile and can do anything.​
  • You are gender-neutral and can switch between any outfit you desire.​
  • Forget what you know about food—bring your fishing rod to survive.
  • Most light sources in the game are permanent. You can grab a lamp from the sewers or live in darkness; it's your choice.
  • Starting off naked, collecting items is one of the main focuses of the game. It feels rewarding to find new items, even low-level ones. There are no free handouts or hand-holding.​
  • The respawn rate of all monsters is pseudo-dynamic. In most cases, you'll need to explore to gain experience since you can't farm the same monster repeatedly unless the path to it is extensive.​
  • Monsters have been rebalanced to fit the solo gameplay loop. In theory, you should be able to solo most content unless it's specifically not designed for solo play, like a very hard quest.​
  • The most valuable items drop from rare, named monsters that usually provide increased challenges and spawn in specific areas.​
  • A new item type, the trinket, often provides you with some kind of bonus and sometimes enhances your auto-attacks in specific ways.​
  • If you die, the penalty is minimal. You'll respawn in the temple with 10 HP, losing a bit of experience and skill, but no magic or items. Dying is okay, but you will see if you or someone else has died. Are you hardcore enough to never die?​
  • Storage is not limitless; you can't hoard everything. Your most important items will be carried on your person, leaving no room for duplicates.​
  • Gold is extremely scarce. You can't sell items to shops, saving you from the headache of making loot bags.​
  • Houses offer limitless storage but are expensive. They represent the epitome of prestige and can be decorated and shared with friends. This feature is currently not available but will be added in the future.​
  • PVP is restricted to a specific area, similar to the Wilderness in RuneScape. All other areas are non-PVP. You'll be strongly incentivized to go to this region, although it's not available yet.​
Ironman
  • Ironcore is designed with the ironman mindset from the ground up. However, we don't impose any mandatory rules on you. You're free to play the game as you see fit, choosing your own playstyle—or opting to play solo without receiving help from anyone. While you can play with friends without any restrictions, you won't be able to share the experience points from the monsters you defeat with them.
Rules
  • Since Ironcore is a free game, we reserve the right to ban or remove any player for any reason. We have just one primary rule that players must agree to before creating an account: Don't be a disruptive individual whose enjoyment relies on ruining the experience for others.

Other generic server information
  • Exp: 1x
  • Magic: 1x
  • Skill: 1x
  • Loot: 1x
  • Client Protocol: Customized based 8.0, you will feel like you're playing 7.1.
  • PVP: Not yet (future plans to have specific area where PVP is activated and hunting is encouraged, think Runescape wilderness).
  • Death penalty: Small amounts of exp and skill, you spawn in temple, you lose all food in your belly and your HP is set to 10
  • Respawn: Psuedo-dynamic
  • Houses: Soon
  • Guilds: Not yet
  • Spells: Soon
  • Runes: Never
  • Developers: Breadward and Siz
  • Host: For free, by https://otshosting.pl server located in France
  • Discord
  • Breadward Twitch
  • Website
  • Client

Ironcore is set to launch on November 4th, 2023. At 20:00 CET (Central European Time).
Countdown timer

Screenshot from the final moments of the test server that concluded on the 28th of October.
image.png

Attachments

• ironcore_dx_9pbyMJjBIx.png
    ironcore_dx_9pbyMJjBIx.png
    224.4 KB · Views: 114 · VirusTotal
  • ironcore_dx_98wD3ZkYHR.png
    ironcore_dx_98wD3ZkYHR.png
    378.3 KB · Views: 122 · VirusTotal
  • ApplicationFrameHost_nGFsAzel5C.png
    ApplicationFrameHost_nGFsAzel5C.png
    757.2 KB · Views: 129 · VirusTotal
Last edited by a moderator:
Update client link on this thread. Its older version than on website.

OTS of the year for sure
map is custom but it feels so familiar
exploring is rewarding
gameplay is extremely relaxed
makes you appreciate small things and even slightiest luck
great community everyone knows english more or less well
nostalgia all over the place
more content upcoming

join now we still have one more training spot

Attachments

Last edited:
Well made an interesting concept, but the lack of spells and vocations is a turn off.

Been having a lot of fun with this OT, I don’t mind the 1 vocation thing at all, but would definitely like to see many some spells and some type of distance fighting implemented eventually. Club Weapons in my opinion are too heavy, especially when you’re a low level just trying to survive and upgrade your EQ 😂😂

All in all, good OT with a lot of potential! Look forward to seeing future updates! Gives me some Nostalgia feels!

Well made an interesting concept, but the lack of spells and vocations is a turn off.
It's a very complete and perfected shell right now in terms of the gameplay loop. More features that enhance combat will be added in future updates. Instead of being locked into one vocation from start. You can become all the vocations. Feel free to check back on the server once in a while 🥸 we’re here for long term.

It's a very complete and perfected shell right now in terms of the gameplay loop. More features that enhance combat will be added in future updates. Instead of being locked into one vocation from start. You can become all the vocations. Feel free to check back on the server once in a while 🥸 we’re here for long term.
To be honest here, how can it be perfected and complete, when the only vocation you can play is a warrior at the moment? That's somewhat contradicting no?
Yeah you say things are coming in future updates, but that doesnt mean your server is a very complete and perfected shell. Yeah for warriors sure. Going to be interesting when you add mages and archers to it. I can guarantee you will need to rebalance, as right now things are balanced and laid out for warriors. There is nothing comforting to mages and archers on here. As it wasnt made for it. I played your serv, got to 20+ and realized its not going to be friendly to mage style players what so ever. As again its only intended for one vocation. (at the moment). This honestly feels like an enhanced rookgaard server. (thats the feel I get playing it)
to be fair, you cant call it complete when its not. its far from complete if you ask me. (the gameplay loop only fits warriors)
absolutely great concept and server, but its far from being a "complete perfect shell".

Very much like rookgard with 2x experience that just keeps going.
Personally i think the resource gathering and management with consumable items and loot is what makes tibia interesting.
This server is perfect for a cave-bot because all the gameplay is melee fighting and healing by eating food.

really cool server fun as hell and u can run perma-death ironman mode using only self-found items and do everything solo thats actually best way to play on this server

however playing normally and using all that junk people leave on ground cuz they have low cap no space in dp and no use of these items literally destroy fun and feeling of progression in my opinion staff should look for some way to utilise dropped items and make them maybe slighty rarer in some cases without ofc just making npc buying them

I'd like to see some possible equipment rarities, with stats you can use to make different types equipment builds for your character. This could enhance the gameplay and give options to Mage+Archer playstyles but by possibly keeping one vocation. (the route you started with).
Also for all the items we cant sell or do anything with, possibly make some sort of crafting system, where we could for example, "Salvage" certain items for materials, to use in crafting. Considering its mostly solo playing, Salvaging items for a small amount of materials, that you can in turn Craft useful, tools, weapons, etc by accumulating materials over time from things you loot, could be a good way to make progression feel even better and eliminate the need for people to throw away items and clutter.
Salvaged loot could even have a % chance to give the materials so its not all the time, or extra bonus materials depending on the item. Doing this can keep the "Feel" and current direction you want of Ironman Solo play mode.

I really would love to see this server thrive, as its truly different.
I'm sorry if my previous post seemed I was rude towards the server, it wasn't my intentions at all. Just honest opinion.
Again, you have such a great project going here. I hope you keep at it
cheers :)

Last edited:
really cool server fun as hell and u can run perma-death ironman mode using only self-found items and do everything solo thats actually best way to play on this server

however playing normally and using all that junk people leave on ground cuz they have low cap no space in dp and no use of these items literally destroy fun and feeling of progression in my opinion staff should look for some way to utilise dropped items and make them maybe slighty rarer in some cases without ofc just making npc buying them
if someone is enjoying founding stuff on the ground then how does that destroy fun? whos fun?
if you are ironman and only use gear you looted people picking up garbage from the ground are not spoiling your gameplay in any way arent they?

also this will sooner or later change as world is now at early stage where having scale armor is something, but it wont be like this forever, i doubt people will drop fire axes on the ground like they do with double axes

I'd like to see some possible equipment rarities, with stats you can use to make different types equipment builds for your character. This could enhance the gameplay and give options to Mage+Archer playstyles but by possibly keeping one vocation. (the route you started with).

I really would love to see this server thrive, as its truly different.
I'm sorry if my previous post seemed I was rude towards the server, it wasn't my intentions at all. Just honest opinion.
Again, you have such a great project going here. I hope you keep at it
cheers

this is not oldschool pal, this OT is not aiming to be another Diablo/PoE ripoff

if someone is enjoying founding stuff on the ground then how does that destroy fun? whos fun?
if you are ironman and only use gear you looted people picking up garbage from the ground are not spoiling your gameplay in any way arent they?

also this will sooner or later change as world is now at early stage where having scale armor is something, but it wont be like this forever, i doubt people will drop fire axes on the ground like they do with double axes

this is not oldschool pal, this OT is not aiming to be another Diablo/PoE ripoff
The irony of your post though...
So its not aiming to be another Diablo/PoE ripoff, but will copy the Ironman status and gameplay of Oldschool Runescape.
You sir, are contradicting at the very moment.
All games take ideas from eachother. its about how you enhance it. I gave an idea of how its possible to make ways and room for other gameplay.... an idea lol. (which is actually something you lack completely. You have yet to give a simple idea or solution to the current issues.) just keep playing then and shh.

"Pal"

Last edited:
it feels bad to see huge pile of trash on every spawn even tho they are decent weapons right now you can buy two handed sword for 3 gp and other really good items and u can get that much money pretty much 1h after starting on this ots

its fine right now but could be looked at in future