• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Siegh's Mapping Thread [Thronar]

Siegh

Thronar Developer
Solutions
Reaction score
Here I am again, in a new definitive thread since the old one sank to the depths of the forum and got too much out of topics.
I will just post some simple stuff here, Id be happy if I have some comments, criticisms and suggestions and I will try to update it periodically.

EDIT: Ive edited this first post so now it shows the best pictures of this thread instead of the old ugly ones.
Here they are, hope you like:

35513561.png

61386011.png

60313061.png

dragonqc.png

51278028.png

83312504.png

35855035.png

61789322.png

77932352.png

83264237.png

66886913.png

28404066.png

43229779.png

90666293.png

83948594.png

60569242.png

65236293.png

34821060.png

23516636.png

58754805.png

96677827.png

40908554.png

39074077.png

Last edited:
Its simple but looks good, it gives the feeling of walking in rl nature, so well done. Altough you can change some things. You can use other mountain ground borders and maybe add a few green flowers, this can look good on pine nature.

Thanks for the comment.

I use other mountain grounds sometimes, but since these mountains defines the offlimits of the map, I want it to end on some deep forest to a point where the game window cant reach, thats the reason of so many trees above the mountains.

About the flowers, I will add some :D

Thanks for the comment.

I use other mountain grounds sometimes, but since these mountains defines the offlimits of the map, I want it to end on some deep forest to a point where the game window cant reach, thats the reason of so many trees above the mountains.

About the flowers, I will add some :D

I was actualy talking about the borders, not the ground or the details on the mountain, they look fine :)

I see now, I havent read "ground borders" but only grounds lol.
I could do it soon, maybe using on other mountains to create area diversity, since there will be a lot of these mountains everywhere.

Siegh, if you look at the dead tree it's a tuft there, it looks rather foogly.

But, this is really good.

Thank you.
Yeah I have fixed the grass tufts =p

Try not to use the big grass tuft and dont put grass onto trees, overall it looks pretty good but lacks flowers and maybe add a little brown gravel to that dirt road

Im taking this in consideration, thanks Dark. How could I have forgotten to add some gravel :O, makes it look much better.

Also added new pics to the first post, comments please!

Thanks again.
The map is for my ATS Thronar, its the threads title =)

Good work there;)

But when you take ingame screens, press "Don't Streych/Shrink Game Window". It gets better quality of the image and save it in .PNG

scaled.php

Thanks knatte, yes many people told me that already, tho the pic quality seems quite fine to me. But I will start taking these measures since so many think they are needed, next ones will be like that.

More pics coming soon.

Some new random pics around, very simple places:

sanstitrelcr.png

sanstitre2tlm.png

sanstitre3ol.png

sanstitre4jc.png

Comments please =D

You forgot an '/' at the 3rd picture
there are tufts on stones and bushes and I don't like that the gravel goes on the grass
your mountains, I have no idea what you are doing there ;o
and try to avoid the big tufts

These are only random mountains, and yes I often misput grass tufts on the top of trees and stones... someday I will fix them all.

And in my opinion, the gravel on grass looks pretty simple yet real, and classic too.

Thanks for the comment

You deal 0 damage to a giant wisp. Trololol, overall I think the pieces look good :p xD

Overall it looks pretty neat, but there's some room for improvement,
1.your nature are kinda messy, as stated avoid, I will recommend even (NEVER use the biggest grass tuft on normal grass nature, its just a fugly sprite :[ ) Whats up with the moss on the dirt road? And the dirt roads shape could be better.

2. There you should use moss on the stone floor try to use small light brown stones (debris) a little instead of only the dark small rocks, + all thoose "holes" in the mountain walls filled with borders is not that pretty, I would just fill them instead.

3. I like this pic the best, but use moss here too + a little trashy down under the bridge :p

4. Back to the nature again, messy, and as Siegh said there's alot of grass tufts on top of other things, u should not do that, dont say u gonna fix it "one day" because thats just stupid, just dont put them there. If you dont see it when u put them there often, you probably just spam doodad without looking, or you are placing them reckless, take it easier and look trough it, gonna make it look alot better + again there, put moss on the stone floor! More SMALL grass tufts, keep it up!

Thanks for the tips =] I will use them all when I rework all the nature on these pics, because I know its pretty messy including the roads.

The pics on the first post are part of the reworked areas on raw, the others yes I did on doodad because I was in a hurry to finish, but now Im fixing all the rushed stuff on the map.

I will post some more soon.

Back