• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Siegh's Mapping Thread [Thronar]

I don't like the stalagmites on the grass and I'm still not a fan of those big grey mountain ground borders on grass, but I still like your mapping style, looks great :)

Thank you ;D good to know that at least some ppl appreciate it.
I will use different mountain borders on other regions to create variation, but anyway I kinda likes these borders on mountains, they fits perfectly and are somehow meant to be used like this.

I will post more pics soon, dont worry =D

EDIT: New pics! Now a volcano with some hidden secrets thats still under construction.

86798147.png

66567041.png

46509173.png

98047337.png

98769723.png

74754370.png

Last edited:
I like all the pics but the first one, dont like the squary path of it, and why so many f devils? xD

3th pic the dirt floor is empty, randomize it and detail it a lil more + remove the grey gravel, and it shouldent be underneat the red borders imo.

Last pic is absolutely best, nice job.

The squary path is to create a variation on the caves, its a man-made tunnel, and the fire devils (I call them salamanders on thronar, they arent weaklings as fire devils) are to create a challenge to differs from the other common parts.

Also, for the gravel beneath the border, thank you I havent noticed it, gonna fix.

@Prest:
Red is the main theme of this volcano =p

The shapes and such look great, but it looks quite empty...
I would suggest you putting the dirt-rocks on the walkable areas instead of in the lava, this can cancel out SOME of the emptiness.

I agree that you could use more stones on the ground, but rest looks fine

I personally think that this ground with these fancy borders are pretty much detailed themselves, I think the small amount of stones and gravel I used fits pretty much with it. But its a matter of taste I think.

Thanks for the comments!

Awesome!
If ANYONE says the gravel is wrong, they are retards, no offense..
It's a EXTREMELY red/Brown "cave" = Roofs have red/brown gravel = Red brown gravel on ground ;)
It's all Amazing, Very Good job mate!

Back