• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Siegh's Mapping Thread [Thronar]

Sorry for double post, I had to bring up the thread or no one would notice the new pics.

So, now I will post some city pics. Yes, its not an uber detailed or something, but Im looking for some critics about it, be it bad or good.
Here:

sanstitrelmh.png

82711445.png

80967786.png

14099165.png

A bit squarish and I wouldnt have used that type of pavement.. Other than that its nice

You do see squarish buildings everywhere you go.

I like that city Siegh.

Isn't that the starting city?

Buildings are squarish o.o

Yes it is Zatjin, the starting and only one completed so far.

And thanks for the comments.

Yes, I saw something that was so familiar with it as I played it when it was up :)

I died by a snake over by the mountain :<
Siegh, mind talking to me for a second in pm's?
Something I'd love to talk to you about.

Thanks HesteN.

Even tho most ppl hate the big grass, I still think it fits some places, and the moss looks fine to me, since only small stones and grass still werent enough to the streets not look empty, and they fit pretty well with this dark pavement.

Thank you both above, and I do mountains on autoborder but I always "reshape" them on raw whenever it needs.

Im not working on anything specific atm, only rebuilding old rushed areas, so the pics may look random but still not bad.
Here it is, some road pics including a reworked bridge area (the same I posted before).

39123645.png

41574752.png

43777571.png

49300515.png

Comments please =D

Use one more time rock soil on dirt and grass and I'll kill you. Also for counts for the big ass tufts!
I'd lesser the amount of trees a bit + do your mountains full RAW. Not AB and then reshape.

I like big tufts, I like rock soil above mountains even among grass and this area is supposed to be a pine forest.

So?

I agree with luffy tho, I dont like the nature (I dont think u have to do all mountains in RAW tho), but if you dont wanna change it its up to u, I'll respect u for sticking to it, but the majority of people probably thinks it can be better, u do what u feel like doing :p

Well, yes. I will stick to it because I think its exactly what I want for the pine forest theme that I want.

Only basic themes such as grass, sand, jungle and snow is extremely BORING. My map wil be almost entirely grass with some snow, I want to create different themes to fit on the basic grass one. Im using different trees, stones and flower types in different regions to make different themes inside the grass, I just hope I can pass this feeling to players, of walking in different lands.

I respect your opinions, but Id like people to respect mine aswell, thank you HesteN.

EDIT: Some new pics.

66304844.png

10239996.png

27605613.png

38467304.png

80526366.png

Last edited:
Thanks Etedan. Rock soil... might consider changing it.

I like the houses, last picture is AWESOME imo! :D Good job, both the nature and the structure on that pic looks great! :)
If Im right, thats the Temple.
Also theres a cathedral that I'd love see it here :p

@Siegh
Do you know when it will be online?

Thank you HesteN.

@Myke
I will show some pics of the cathedral as soon as I rebuild the nature around it, and I have no release date set yet.

EDIT: more pics, back to mountains.

79791580.png

67511885.png

50859902.png

47741542.png

Last edited:
Back