• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Xplicit's Mapping Thread

Xplicit

Mapper
Reaction score
Don't judge me on this piece.. its not like my other stuff xD <- but i will leave it as it shows how much i have improved

Well i'm new to Otland, and want to get to know everyone, so i feel that if i show my maps, people comment, etc and i get more known :)

I know i'm far from the best, let alone even good in comparasion to the mappers on here :p.

I am probably going to take some tutorials and look at how to detail properly. But in the meantime i want to know what level i'm at with mapping as a whole.

So please rate me :) and tell me where i need improvement.

Much love <3

screenshot_2011-07-19-22-26-59.png

A small farm type thing :p, i know i need to add more around it with nature detailing, etc. But rate it anyway :)

Last edited:
Uhmm... never use Autoborder :) Press A when you open your map editor, and start doing all the bordering and shaping by hand. The result will improve significantly :) Also, you could try to look at a piece of Mine I just posted... It's also a farm-kinda-thingy :) check for inspiration and proper detailing... You're doing quite nice, but as you said, take some tutorials! : - D

@up thanks i will :)

@topic

2 more pics ;)

In-game :p

map.jpg

And

map2.jpg

//Thanks for support

Good to see that you are into mapping, great! The second screenshots looks a bit better then the first ones also and it's also good that you made pictures ingame.

Chance those points and post screenies again and your map will look mutch better:
-Well you did use wrong stone borders
-The mountain is a bit squary
-Tip to use some different ground types
-Delete those walltrees or whatever they are called, they are ugly there XD.

Good luck with your mappings.

@up okay :) i will get on it now, and repost them in-game tomorrow :p it is late now :) its 01:00 ;)

But for now, is this ok?

screenshot_2011-07-20-1-12-48.png

//Night

Last edited:
@up okay :) i will get on it now, and repost them in-game tomorrow :p it is late now :) its 01:00 ;)

But for now, is this ok?

screenshot_2011-07-20-1-12-48.png

//Night

It would be more playable if you didn't have borders on the mountains sticking out. There is barely enough room to move because of them. Add some small rocks and some gravel from the exterior palette in raw.

:S i didn't use autoborder lol apart from the dirt. ;) but thanks :)

It's the ground borders that people mostly use autoborder for, which is bad, because you can't shape the ground half as good, by using autoborder :(
Also... the revamp of ur mountain path has the correct set of borders on the south walls. Try filling in missing borders, and correct your mountain in the newest piece, with grass and trees.
Another tip would be to use 3-5 times more bushes and the small fir trees ID's 2767-2768 and then IMO, only the green trees. :)

@up yh haven't got round to the nature side of it properly yet. But thanks. So would you say i'm improving or getting worse ;)?

New upload :)

ALL 100% RAW

I'm going to make a server and having a rook type thing to start.. I'm starting this as a shipwreck scene and then you have to venture though a cave to get to the "rook" city. Idk, i will make a story once complete ;) hehe

Well here goes ;) Flame away!

newscreen.jpg

As you can see, the red circle shows the rocks- i intended to make it look like the sea was "bashing" into the rocks, idk if i succeeded, it looked better in map editor but, i think i'm gonna keep it like that. (just tell me if its too much or something).

Pic 2
newmap4.png

Shipwreck + captain, who teaches you basic things and starts you off with same sort of quest in rl tibia, gather wood, kill deer/rabits etc.

Pic 3
newscreen4.png

Just showing the shape of the left corner area/zone.. nice or not?

Pic 4
And last but not least,
gfd.png

A simple hole in mountain jobby ;)

Rateeee itt plax!!! :D

Last edited:
@up YAY I'M BETTER THAN YOU >=D Jokes, your works awesome still :p
And i guess if i'm willing to put in the time i can achieve great things. :)
I think it took me about 1 hour just for the shape :p -shapes massive btw! But will be released tomorrow :p I'll try to aim for atleast 2 out of 4 pics each day :)

Just a few minor tips, don't always completely border mountains, it looks silly especially when you want someone to walk through that passage. Remember that you can add both gravel and grass moss onto mountain top ground, as it adds to details such as small rocks and stones.

yh, but like i said, i'm gonna keep that mountain like that, maybe add abit of gravel but thats it...

What's squary apart from mountain? If it is the beach, thats how i wanted it...

Some of the borders in your mountains are wrong. Look on the right side of the north edges, with borders that jut out to the left. Those are wrong. Also search how to make beaches, because on beaches the tide comes in and out which creates a line in the sand. Also try adding some grass tufts and sand gravel, plus spreading and using small rocks better.

Back