• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Xplicit's Mapping Thread

@leftwing, yh i missed that border, will fix, not quite sure what you mean with LINE in the sand..? And i haven't finished the map anyway but thanks, will add more detail and repost in here..

Edit: For leftwing, although its not much better, but this is the last i will edit for now

xplicit1.png

And

xplicit2.png

Also Here is more of my "rook" themed island. I now intend to make the whole island thing into an academy where you "learn" and take "exams" (theory based til level 3, then physical exams) for your levels until level 8 when you can "graduate"

So here is the kind of pre release teaser :p About 5-10% done, but i said i will release something each day,

xplicit3.png

Opening gates- I know but like i said NOT FINISHED/ 10%? maybe

unfin.png

Another entrance...

And here are 2 screens from ingame at the caves to "rook city place type thing that pre level 8's live and level area type zone thing."

greenglow.png

And last but not least,

blueglow.png

Don't comment on shaping as that isn't complete yet, and for the grass on the academy pics, there will be flowers & will be like a flowerbed, so yes! ITS SQUARE!

Last edited:
@Xplicit, nice man, take it they going for the new server? Btw, i'm still sorting my high rate out because got recent errors coming up etc and gotta fix the site :S it was fine then bam lol + been at hospital for 2 days so yh... Probs wont be able to help with experia until weekend

Ok, and yes they are, but i have added to your idea, like the academy will be slightly different to what you wanted. I hope you like it tho. :)
And sure, its fine. I understand you're in a rush lately.

@up Thanks :) and regarding the rest: like i said, still got to edit them but the beach is staying like that for now. Maybe i'll edit the shape slightly make it less straight, but as far as detailing goes, it's staying like that. Besides, you only see it at start of the game because you can't go back once you go through the cave, since the rope 'breaks' and i have a script that removes rope, and replaces with the broken rope thing. :p

Once academy is finished, i'll show you the finished product and how different it will look to above.. I just got the basics done, will obviously tamper with different detailing and structures. Plus i found a good tutorial that i'm gonna use for detailing :p

@up Thanks :) and regarding the rest: like i said, still got to edit them but the beach is staying like that for now. Maybe i'll edit the shape slightly make it less straight, but as far as detailing goes, it's staying like that. Besides, you only see it at start of the game because you can't go back once you go through the cave, since the rope 'breaks' and i have a script that removes rope, and replaces with the broken rope thing. :p

Once academy is finished, i'll show you the finished product and how different it will look to above.. I just got the basics done, will obviously tamper with different detailing and structures. Plus i found a good tutorial that i'm gonna use for detailing :p

That's what I'm talking about Neon.

@Neon
It might be hard work, but try reading the threads you view. Sometimes it's not only about viewing nice pictures :D

Thought he had a idea in the picture. Missunderstood Leftwings post.

@neon <3 haha

And i find that in order for you to actual see what im doing and understand why, i post the reasons as a guideline so you can see the idea from my eyes :)

@Leftwing i've changed the academy quite a bit, starting on detailing now, should be able to post it tonight hopefully :) Got a lot of work to do for it tho, underground caverns, the actual building :) Imagine hogwartz, its gonna be similar to that but no where near as detailed and big! That reference is only so you know whats to come :)

@up what would you have in mind? And what's wrong with my latest ones :'( if you mean the academy, that was just so i know what to do and shape of building and i said i would post pics every day so i posted that :), Trust me, it looks ALOT different now ;)

Hmmm haven't finished it, but i'm gonna post my progress anyway...

notfini.png

This is the map as a whole in the editor..

And here are ingame photos:

unfini2-1.jpg

unfin13.png

unfini2.png

unfini12.png

unfini9.png

unfini4.png

unfini6.png

unfini10.png

unfini11.png

unifnini8.png

unifini7.png

Thats all for now :/ I know its not top rated stuff but give me the benefit of the doubt, since it's far from finished!

Last edited:
Back