• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

0.2 Functionality

poopsiedoodle

Gibe moni plos
Reaction score
Does anyone know if TFS 0.2 will ever get the functionality that 0.3 and 0.4 had? The scripting system seems to be incredibly limited, and I hate giving up special features just so the server can be "more stable".

As far as I know, no one is currently maintaining it publicly so I guess the answer is no.

You can just use TFS 1.0, it has all kinds of new features and it's still updated.

As far as I know, no one is currently maintaining it publicly so I guess the answer is no.
Oh. Well shit. I'd try to do stuff myself, but I'd suck at c++. Would there be anyone interested in doing it tho?
You can just use TFS 1.0, it has all kinds of new features and it's still updated.
I thought 1.0 and 0.2 were the same thing o.o

TFS 1.0 is based on TFS 0.2, but TFS 0.3 is also based on TFS 0.2. Old TFS 0.3 versions are really similar to TFS 0.2.
Much TFS 0.3 features are already possible on TFS 1.0 and there are also several new ones.
TFS 1.0 is also still being updated, new features, bug fixes and other changes.

1.0 is the continuation of 0.2 so what are you really asking for? xD

what do you really miss from 0.3? can you list them? =P

The scripting system in general, which supported stuff like onText, onOutfit, and other things that you can't do with 0.2

1.0 pretty much has everything that 0.3 has, except custom attributes which is coming with the 1.1 release.
Plus, there are several other cool things that 1.0 has and 0.3 doesn't.

1.0 pretty much has everything that 0.3 has, except custom attributes which is coming with the 1.1 release.
Plus, there are several other cool things that 1.0 has and 0.3 doesn't.
I guess that solves that problem then :> I'm kinda confused on how to get a 1.0 distro tho because I have no idea how to use github, or git in general.

Can you not do offline test servers with it tho?
WZ28xfr.png

Sure you can, seems you forgot to launch your MySQL server.
BTW: Git is an awesome content management tool, for any kind of software development in any language. ;)

Sure you can, seems you forgot to launch your MySQL server.
BTW: Git is an awesome content management tool, for any kind of software development in any language. ;)
o_O
I've never had to do a mysql server before. What do I do?

You'll need to install a MySQL server, preferably from a *AMP (<*OS>-Apache-MySQL-PHP) package. Last time I did development on Windows i used XAMPP (bear in mind it was a long time ago :D). I bet there are some guides in the tutorial section so check them out.

Back