• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[13.21 Canary] Znote AAC 1.6 Crash when creating guild.

pepeg123

Reaction score
Hey there,

Troubleshooting an issue where it's not possible to create guilds.

Info:
Canary 13.21
Znote AAC 1.6
Server runs fine, SQL DB is fine, querying session user seems fine and player objects seem fine.
Can't really find any other major issues.
There are currently no guilds created in the SQL DB.
There are many users accounts and many player characters.

How to produce error:
Be logged in, navigate to Guilds in drop-down menu.
The page produces a message noting that no guilds exist along with a menu containing the accounts characters, a field to enter a name and a button to create guild.
Choose a character from the list, enter a name, press the button.
The guilds.php page becomes rather empty, only showing the initial message that no guilds exist, no other buttons to interact with.

At the same time the below error is produced.

Stacktrace from webserver logs:
Code:
[php:error] [pid 38664:tid 1792] [client ::1:63400] PHP Fatal error:  Uncaught mysqli_sql_exception: Thread stack overrun:  15752 bytes used of a 131072 byte stack, and 160000 bytes needed.  Use 'mysqld --thread_stack=#' to specify a bigger stack. in C:\\REDACTED\\www\\engine\\database\\connect.php:90\nStack trace:\n#0 C:\\REDACTED\\www\\engine\\database\\connect.php(90): mysqli_query()\n#1 C:\\REDACTED\\www\\engine\\database\\connect.php(80): voidQuery()\n#2 C:\\REDACTED\\www\\engine\\function\\users.php(465): mysql_insert()\n#3 C:\\REDACTED\\www\\guilds.php(128): create_guild()\n#4 {main}\n  thrown in C:\\REDACTED\\www\\engine\\database\\connect.php on line 90, referer: http://localhost/guilds.php

I'm not an SQL/PHP expert so this might be quite an obvious fix if there's some user error going on, if so please enlighten me.
Otherwise if you've seen something similar or know how I might be able to fix this, I'm all ears.

Last edited:
which version of php? If for an 8.1 the defect may be there. try changing for php7.4

I don't know if anyone has already managed to solve this PHP error with the database for some functions.

which version of php? If for an 8.1 the defect may be there. try changing for php7.4

I don't know if anyone has already managed to solve this PHP error with the database for some functions.
I'm currently using php 8.2.0.
Very good info! I'll try using a 7.4-version and see how well that goes.

Znote AAC 1.6
Use the latest version because there have been many corrections. Now you can create normal guilds and other things. Version 2.0 is better.

Use the latest version because there have been many corrections. Now you can create normal guilds and other things. Version 2.0 is better.
Even znote version 2.0 doesn't work with php 8+

Ah interesting, are there risks with migrating to 2.0 from 1.6? Or can I simply update the config.php for 2.0 and essentially replace the /www?

Edit:
From what I can tell the schema.sql is identical between 2.0 and 1.6 apart from it's version-variable. So it should work to simply downgrade php to 7.4 and replace my /www with Znote 1.6 to Znote 2.0. If anyone has done this do tell if there were any pitfalls.

Last edited:
Back