• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

2 Quick Questions

Humpasaur

Reaction score
You can answer both, but even answering one is good enough for me. I have searched the forums, researched, and experimented before I chose to post a thread.

1 - Is there a way to create items without editing the client or .spr files, etc?... Like could I make a weapon called "Thunder Hammer One" with the thunder hammer look, and then another one called "Thunder Hammer Two" with the same thunder hammer look but different attributes?

2 - Can you explain what storage values are used for? I've read some tutorials that mention them, I don't really get it though.

Thanks alot

You can answer both, but even answering one is good enough for me. I have searched the forums, researched, and experimented before I chose to post a thread.

1 - Is there a way to create items without editing the client or .spr files, etc?... Like could I make a weapon called "Thunder Hammer One" with the thunder hammer look, and then another one called "Thunder Hammer Two" with the same thunder hammer look but different attributes?

2 - Can you explain what storage values are used for? I've read some tutorials that mention them, I don't really get it though.

Thanks alot

1. You still need to edit your client if you want a double of the thunder hammer unless there is a sprite already that has the same looktype as thunder hammer but is named something else etc;
Sam's Old Backpack
Red Backpack

2. Sorry might be bad explaination but, Ill try!

Hmm, storagevalues could be used in etc; quests to give you a certain value that proofs that you have done the quest. You can use it in npcs aswell.. some kind of task? "Bring me 5 demon dusts" then when the player has given the npc 5 demon dusts, he gets a reward and sets a storagevalue to proof that he finished the quest and most likely not do it again

Here is an example of a quest ;
Code:
  function onUse(cid, item, frompos, item2, topos)

if item.uid == 4433 then
        queststatus = [B]getPlayerStorageValue(cid,63278)[/B]
        [B]if queststatus == -1[/B] then
        doPlayerSendTextMessage(cid,22,"You have found a fire axe.")
        doPlayerAddItem(cid,2656,1)
        [B]setPlayerStorageValue(cid,63278,1)[/B]
        else
        doPlayerSendTextMessage(cid,22,"It is empty.")
        end
        else
        return 0
        end

return 1
        end

getPlayerStorageValue(cid,63278) - gets a storagevalue to "examine"

if queststatus == -1 - checking if the player has done the quest by checking if he has the (storagevalue - 1) meaning that he doesnt have 63278 already. If he has that storagevalue already means he have done the quest already.. if he doesnt have it, he will get his reward.

setPlayerStorageValue(cid,63278,1) -- After taking a reward the script sets a storagevalue that shows that you've done the quest.

Hope I helped xP

thanks, that helped a lot. I played a server where they had eggs with the same graphic as a hydra egg, but there were like 40 different ones named stuff like "warlock egg" "turtle egg", etc... how do you think they did that?

You need just to edit items.otb to double items...
But it will be the same type, like if sth was type of wall the new one will be wall too.
But I guess you want to make the second one the same type of item so its not problem.
Only thing you need to do is small edit of source, cause normally serv won't load edited items.otb

You need just to edit items.otb to double items...
But it will be the same type, like if sth was type of wall the new one will be wall too.
But I guess you want to make the second one the same type of item so its not problem.
Only thing you need to do is small edit of source, cause normally serv won't load edited items.otb

True but I still think with your method that they will have to download a custom client.

Humpasaur, There are a items of that has the samy looktype as hydra egg.. etc; The egg of many and so on,here are the ids;

:)

I made this without custom client(serv will be ready maybe some day :D, but trust me, it works), Cipsoft (probably) dont know about possibility of making it this way, its the only reason I can see of doubling items in tibia.dat

Egg of the many will get new look, but probably old hydra egg will stay doubled, like they didn't removed green dragon claw ; o

I made this without custom client(serv will be ready maybe some day :D, but trust me, it works), Cipsoft (probably) dont know about possibility of making it this way, its the only reason I can see of doubling items in tibia.dat

Egg of the many will get new look, but probably old hydra egg will stay doubled, like they didn't removed green dragon claw ; o
they did that for a reason

and no, they've updated the old sprites of Egg of the Many, Rotten Heart of a Tree and all 3 versions of Hats for Eclesius without adding new client items

; o, so whats the reason of adding new claw? they want to make green dragon boss maybe? or it is for us, ots community? ;d
And what is the reason of making two items in dat for each hmm, driller, gear and stabber(I know that it can get jammed, but why doubling in dat?)

They are making many strange things.
Or doubling looktypes for easier editing later, and then when they changes looktype of monster they adds new instead of editing doubled...

I don't get it
Great "optimalization" and nothing more for me

Wow, I wrote this some posts ago
You are genius...

Last edited:
No, you don't need to edit the client to add new items with the same look as an old item.
Just edit items.otb, then items.xml.

Back