• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

$25 reward. Looking for suggestions on a server name

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xikini

I whore myself out for likes
Senator
Premium User
Solutions
Reaction score
We've finished most of the back-end work for the server, and are finally getting into some fun scripts, when we realised that we don't really have a server name as of yet.

We've still got quite a few months of development before we will be hosting, but figured I'd crowd source some idea's / words / names, and see if something comes along better then what we've brainstormed on our own.

We haven't decided on a main storyline as of yet, even though we have several mostly fleshed out and completed.
Been toying with a couple names, but nothing has really 'stuck' as of yet.

I don't want to get into any specifics of what we've accomplished so far, as the server is more or less going to be a surprise for the community, and I don't want people poaching our idea's before we launch. xD

-- some vague details about the server
It's for sure going to be a non-profit, free server. No cash mall. No donations. (or bribes, xP)
Custom large map. Multiple cities / biomes. Custom monsters / loot / items / weapons / armor / potions / npcs / abilities / spells / events / systems / bosses ... basically just assume that nothing about normal tibia has remained unchanged except for the basic premise of the game. (tile system, 2D, sprites, standard game client)

The main draw point of our server is choice, exploration and discovery.

This isn't a short-term investment type of server.
It's for the RPGers among us, who want something they can dive into, and work towards developing your character.
You aren't going on a guided tour. You're going to die. The server is meant to be challenging and played in a group.
While you can definitely find success playing solo and have lot's of fun doing so..
There is a fair amount of content in this server that will be simply impossible for a solo player to complete.

------------------------------
While the main point of this thread is to try to find a name for the server, if you have any unique idea's you've wanted to see in a server, feel free to post below or pm me with the idea. I may need to modify the idea to make it fit with our current systems, but I'll certainly do my best to maintain the intent of your idea, and incorporate it into our server.

That being said, please post some server name idea's!

Thanks!

Xikini

We've had a couple of suggestions so far.

8th Kingdoms
Carouse
Divine Punishment
Drastica
Eternal Kingdoms
Moonlit Wars
The Rise of Loot
Uniterria

-----
Cyberdyne -- appears to be a company name.
Eternia OT -- appears to have been used previously.

----------
Thanks to everyone who's given me these suggestions so far.

Keep them coming! 😁

(and don't be afraid to post in the thread! lol)

Don't make it too fantasy like kingdoms,uniterra etc. <it seems overused right now> , drastic, and violent and sci-fi do not seem friendly at all, the rise of loot seems better even if it's still "medium". I would go for use of words like: adventure, tale, world, "land", island, or even "something-magic". But making it completly "serious" instantly makes me wanna vomit. no one takes it serious, it's supposed to be fun in the fantasy world, not "ultra serious dramatic story in bloody fantasy world". My suggestions: Magic of "something", "someones" sorcery, Use nordic mythology names, like helheim, Niflheim, midgard, asgard. it easly reminds of something "fantasy" but not a fucking kingdom of boring plot kurwa please dont ever use word "kingdom" its shieet XD

Lol every OT name has ''aria'' or ''era'' in the end, Like wow such original

Well, so far the only main requirement I can think of, is that the name needs to scream "we are an english speaking server".
Also like @frida22 said, yeah we aren't trying to be a company, and we're not specifically going for a professional / serious server name.
If it's a couple of words smashed together, I'm fine with that as well.
Just something easy to say and memorable is fine.
Bonus points for semi-describing the experience you might find on the server as well.

So far, I'm leaning towards Eternal Kingdoms.. but it doesn't quite fit, you know?
Not going to lie, we've probably spent 2 weeks trying to think of a decent name.

In the end, we're probably just going to take the full list of names, pick/choose what we are semi-fond of, and put it down to a vote at some point.
Hence, this thread. xD
Trying to wrack up a few more idea's over a month or so, and then commit to something. :)

-- Edit

Actually, I've decided to attach a cash prize to whomever can think of the best name.
If one of our own names is decided upon, I'll just raffle a winner from whomever suggested a name.
If you suggest multiple names, and it ends up turning into a raffle, you'll get a maximum of 5 'tickets' entered into the draw.

$25 is the current prize pool.
End Date for submission will be May 31st 23:59:59.
Here's the countdown timer.

Good luck everyone.

Ok now this is getting srs as fuck. So we can suggest up to 5 names right?

Ok now this is getting srs as fuck. So we can suggest up to 5 names right?
Well, you can suggest as many as you like, since if we choose your name we won't require a raffle, you'll just get the prize.
If one of our team member's choices are chosen, then the raffle will happen, and the # of submissions is limited to 5 tickets in the raffle.
Each submission is worth 1 ticket, in that case.

1- Althea Realm

2- Gathor World

3- Pralah's Era

4-Kathon Worlds

5- Gumnaln Kingdoms

6- Explorers of Lathmar

7- RPG Era (Simple and straight to the point) xD

Those are mine at the moment.

I don't want to offend, simply be honest - it's my personal opinion that the creator of a world should be the one to name it, and not anyone else. It should be something symbolic to the story or the world, a setting, or a reference to something that encompasses the grand scheme of the content/world. If the creator can not come up even with a name to represent that, then I deeply doubt that such a creator can deliver an immersive RPG experience in aspects of story and worldbuilding.

I suggest to finish the story first, and the idea for a name will likely surface on its own during the process.

Couple more suggestions from my inbox.

Forbidden Mythology
Rise of Eternals
Seed of Eternals
Throne of the Eternals
Ethereality

Again, good luck to everyone participating. 😁

I'm not sure if we can help you at all, you know the best what server is it going to be. Nevertheless, i'd came up with something so i wouldn't offtopic:

Ashrend: The forgotten lands

Good luck though!

#edit
I have in mind a fire/ash on steel effect logo, something like World of Tanks' logo with ashen/fire effect slapped onto it.

Last edited:
I don't want to offend, simply be honest - it's my personal opinion that the creator of a world should be the one to name it, and not anyone else. It should be something symbolic to the story or the world, a setting, or a reference to something that encompasses the grand scheme of the content/world. If the creator can not come up even with a name to represent that, then I deeply doubt that such a creator can deliver an immersive RPG experience in aspects of story and worldbuilding.

I suggest to finish the story first, and the idea for a name will likely surface on its own during the process.
Sorry, I'm going to reply again.
I was busy yesterday and just made a joke reply instead of actually replying.

Couple of things I'd like to go over.
We've been working on this server as a hobby, for a good 4 years.
Tweaking, adjusting, trying new things. Scrapping everything, and restarting the process for various reasons, usually because there are so many new idea's that pop up along the way that fundamentally change how the server needs to be developed.

I've always taken a back seat in development, just doing the things required for the server to run.
This time around, we've been working on the server for about 7 months in this iteration, and I've taken over as 'team lead'.
So, while I have a hand in everything, I'm certainly not doing everything.

There's been some disagreement over what name to use, even though (as I said previously) we have several mostly fleshed out and completed 'main storylines'. Some of the suggested names among our team are good, but none of them have really 'stuck', as they aren't a perfect fit.

The main point of this thread is to get more heads together to brainstorm better idea's then our team can come up with on our own.
Sometimes you just get stuck in your specific environment and you just don't make progress towards your goal, which is this case is finding the perfect word, or set of words to describe something accurately.

So yes, while it would be great to have the creator of the world name it, I think it's best to crowd source the name at this point. New people bring fresh idea's and new perspectives along with some motivation in creating the best name possible, even if it's not what we originally thought the name would become.

I hope that helps you understand our point of view, and why we've decided to take this route.

Thanks for the reply!

Last edited:
The 8th Kingdoms, the Carouse of Divine Punishment, Drastica the lord of the Eternal Kingdoms, The Rise of Loot in Moonlit Wars... Uniterria.

:cool:

Age of Heroes Online
Azral OT
Shala Online
Dorema OT
Norvir OT
Draconis OT
Saya Online

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back